Photo
- - - - -

Is there a tool that enables you to make your own sets for this game?

mods question set creation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SpidermanForever

SpidermanForever

The Superior- Spidey

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

I know that there is M.e.d. t But there has to be a way to make one possibly from scratch using some props and stuff. If not then how do mod creators make sets. Thanks

#2 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • LocationEarth, Sol System

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

The tools you need to modd the TM game are as follows:
1-Blender 2.49b with the DCMF Import/Export Scripts for the Movies Mesh files... also it helps to know how to use it..lots of tuts out there, google to the rescue B)
2-Med A.K.A The Movies Editor makes it possible to extract all the bits and pieces, including entire sets, so you can modify them to your specs using Blender, then re-integrate your new sets as props in TM again.
3-A graphic editing application that imports/exports DDS files and that also supports the use of layers and lets you work with color channels, specifically the Alpha channel for transparency and sometimes also used as a way to control glossiness and reflectivity of some of the game's materials.

As backup tools, in the rare cases Med fails at some point...It was a work in progress, I suggest a few tools that make checking and fixing things on the fly really easy-ish. :)

4- MeshManip2009
5- CosEditor

Last Time I checked you can find all of these tools and more here

Have fun!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mods, question, set creation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users