• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

The Ollie Awards Ceremony last took place in October of 2010. Now three years later we are a different community. New members have come and old members have gone. Changing technology and new software have expanded the limits of our creativity. We are a smaller, more advanced community with less conflict but also less activity. Previous attempts to organize the ollies have fallen by the wayside due to a lack of community interest, organizing time and other constraints. Its time to give it another try. This year the Ollies are simplified with a few new changes to help make the process a bit easier and to increase the community participation.

* Movies released on TMU between Jan 1 2012 and Dec 31 2013 are eligible for nominations.

* The Nomination period will run from Jan 1 to Jan 31 2014. This will be followed by the one month voting period for top 3 nominees in each category.

* Categories have been consolidated. There are a total of 13 different categories as shown below.

* You may nominate up to three different people/movies in each category if you like.

* If you cannot come up with a movie/person in a category you may skip that category (but please try to fill in as many as you can. The Ollies only works with community participation).

* You may nominate yourself. If you do so, please include at least one other nomination which is not your own in that category.

In order to submit your nominations simply copy the submission text below and paste it into an email. Fill in your selections and email it to ollies2014@gmail.com. Be sure to include your TMU name so I can verify you as a member. Any questions or issues I have with your submission will be emailed back to you.

Your TMU Name:

1. Best Performance (Actor) - What is the best male voice over performance in a TMU film (please include the actor name and movie)
a.
b.
c.

2. Best Performance (Actress) - What is the best female voice over performance in a TMU film (please include the actor name and movie)
a.
b.
c.

3. Best Screenplay - What is the best story told in a tmu film
a.
b.
c.

4. Best Visual Design - What is the most impressive looking film on TMU
a.
b.
c.

5. Best Sound Design - What is the best sounding film on TMU
a.
b.
c.

6. Best Comedy - What is the funniest film on TMU
a.
b.
c.

7. Best Action - What is the most exciting film on TMU
a.
b.
c.

8. Best Horror - What is the scariest film on TMU
a.
b.
c.

9. Best Drama - What is the most dramatic film on TMU
a.
b.
c.

10. Best Scifi/Fantasy - What is the best scifi/fantasy themed film on TMU
a.
b.
c.

11. Best Movie - What is the best movie on TMU
a.
b.
c.

12. Technical Wizard - Who is the most innovative, creative modder/developer in the TMU community
a.
b.
c.

13. Thong De Roger Award for outstanding contribution to TMU
a.
b.
c.

I hope we can get enough participation to be successful. I will be updating this thread with additional info as we go. Lots of interesting ideas moving forward. Get your nominations in and stay tuned!

Posted Image

Edited by thebiz, 01 January 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#2 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

Just WOW, thebiz.
This is a huge endeavour, one that has kept the Ollies on the shelf for years.
Killian was one of those that loved that sort of work and dedication, but sadly he is one of those old-timers that have gone as well.
On behalf of everyone thanks alot for taking this on bro, let me know if I can help in any way sir.
Long live the U!
Posted Image

#3 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

Thanks for the words of encouragement Johnny. Ive got plans to involve the community along the way. It started with this teaser that Animatechnica made for me. Really good stuff from Gabe voiced by me Dulci and Wolf. Good times!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

I know looking back at the movies over the last two years and remembering all the great ones can be a daunting task. Here are two ideas to get your memory jogged:

The most commented movies from 2012 and 2013

My selections for Movie of the Month

#5 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:46 AM

Posted Image

#6 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:14 AM

I'll just say it out loud...
A Nightmare In Hell
Posted Image

#7 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:55 AM

Alas, like both you and I Johnny, that one is a bit too old....

#8 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:44 AM

Bwahahaha, touche'...
I'll havta take a look at the list and maybe watch a few I havent seen, thats what makes the Ollies great.
Yay Ollies!
Posted Image

#9 Geoff-uk

Geoff-uk

• Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

I personally wish I had more time to watch the brilliant work that this community puts out. They're all very good at what they do, the reason why I like this community. I just wish it was a bit more active these days.
Requiem City Lockdown Teaser Trailer: http://www.tmundergr...Teaser-Trailer-
Requiem City Lockdown Production Thread: http://www.tmoaradio...oduction-Thread

#10 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

Jan 2012 through Dec 2013 is about 1000 movies, by my reckoning. That's a lot.

I'm not trying to be difficult or critical here, but why restart the Ollies with a 2 year window of movies? We're already missing a year or so (2011!), why not stick to the "last year" of films made (2013) and move forward that way?

Also, is it possible to produce a file or list of all the movies in the date range? Preferably with links to the films... (asking a lot, I know). Just a thought. There might be hidden gems amongst the crowd that didn't make show up in the_biz's top movies of the month or receive as many comments as others.

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#11 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

I'm not trying to be difficult or critical here, but why restart the Ollies with a 2 year window of movies? We're already missing a year or so (2011!), why not stick to the "last year" of films made (2013) and move forward that way?

Also, is it possible to produce a file or list of all the movies in the date range? Preferably with links to the films... (asking a lot, I know). Just a thought. There might be hidden gems amongst the crowd that didn't make show up in the_biz's top movies of the month or receive as many comments as others.

Biggsy does have a point.
Maybe you could just narrow them down to most commented (with 5 stars) and/ or views.
Using 2 years worth is a helluva vaunting task.
All I know is that your a stud for doing any of it thebiz, whew!
Posted Image

#12 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

Hey Biggsy, thanks for chiming in. The reason I decided to use two years is because of the major decrease in movies released. Here's the approximate numbers:

492 - 2013
528 - 2012
876 - 2011 - the missing year
1,392 - 2010 second ollies
1,704 - 2009 first ollies

So the combined two years is still a good bit smaller than the two years the Ollies occurred. I thought about making it all three years but felt that was excessive.
As far as getting that list it was something I asked Rileyman about many many moons ago. He added the added on or after searchbox but it only adjusts the dropdown list and that isn't so useful.

#13 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

As far as getting that list it was something I asked Rileyman about many many moons ago. He added the added on or after searchbox but it only adjusts the dropdown list and that isn't so useful.

I can possibly do an export from the database of films added to the site within a date range - export it as a table, then turn it into a document or put it up on the web.

I'll take a look at it today (I'm not a sql expert) and if it seems well beyond my capabilities, I'll hit up Tarison tomorrow night (when he's at work Monday morning) and he can give me a sql query that I can run.

And ba-boom (was easier than I thought - well, at least for a basic list of movie names and dates - something more involved will definitely take Tarison's help, since the username of the person uploading is there by usernumber, and ratings, if desired, are stored in another table I believe.)

Anyway, here's a page with every movie uploaded from 1-1-2012 to 12-31-2013: The Contenders!

Edited by kuroken, 04 January 2014 - 06:00 PM.

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#14 Harb40

Harb40

When will it get better?

• Members
  • 2,179 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

Anyway, here's a page with every movie uploaded from 1-1-2012 to 12-31-2013: The Contenders!

Nice list. The only problem I see with that is I saw some on there that were uploaded to the TMOrescue channel. Those should not be in consideration since they were made and uploaded to TMO and are not new films on TMU.

Guess there should be a way to differentiate depending on whether they are moved into the rescue channel or left on a users page. Just a thought.

The Passion Competition is now on Facebook.  Like our page.

#15 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

Awesome list Ken. Thanks!

#16 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

Nice list. The only problem I see with that is I saw some on there that were uploaded to the TMOrescue channel. Those should not be in consideration since they were made and uploaded to TMO and are not new films on TMU.

Good point. When I get a chance today, I'll see what I can do - I should be able to further filter the list by user, so in theory if I run the same database query and add not those uploaded to the rescuer account to the query, that should give use a "pure" list.

I'll let everyone know.

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#17 sexymaria

sexymaria

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

Where do we send our votes? Or is the table not worked out yet?

Banner_Newer.png

#18 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:28 AM

Where do we send our votes? Or is the table not worked out yet?

In order to submit your nominations simply copy the submission text below and paste it into an email. Fill in your selections and email it to ollies2014@gmail.com.

Your TMU Name:

1. Best Performance (Actor) - What is the best male voice over performance in a TMU film (please include the actor name and movie)
a.
b.
c.

2. Best Performance (Actress) - What is the best female voice over performance in a TMU film (please include the actor name and movie)
a.
b.
c.

3. Best Screenplay - What is the best story told in a tmu film
a.
b.
c.

4. Best Visual Design - What is the most impressive looking film on TMU
a.
b.
c.

5. Best Sound Design - What is the best sounding film on TMU
a.
b.
c.

6. Best Comedy - What is the funniest film on TMU
a.
b.
c.

7. Best Action - What is the most exciting film on TMU
a.
b.
c.

8. Best Horror - What is the scariest film on TMU
a.
b.
c.

9. Best Drama - What is the most dramatic film on TMU
a.
b.
c.

10. Best Scifi/Fantasy - What is the best scifi/fantasy themed film on TMU
a.
b.
c.

11. Best Movie - What is the best movie on TMU
a.
b.
c.

12. Technical Wizard - Who is the most innovative, creative modder/developer in the TMU community
a.
b.
c.

13. Thong De Roger Award for outstanding contribution to TMU
a.
b.
c.

#19 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers