• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#1 Sparky

Sparky

In the Shadows

• Administrators
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:43 PM

Thanks to the wonderfulness of Ken (we love ya buddy :euro:) and TMU, it is now possible to view many great movies that have not been shown on TMO for quite some time - or to re-kindle the passions of some classics, or unknown treasures.

What i'd like is for you to recommend some of you favorite movies BY OTHER DIRECTORS that can now be found on TMU.

Post TITLE, LINK, DIRECTOR NAME, MOVIE DESCRIPTION, WHY YOU HAVE CHOSEN IT.

Lets promote each other's work and hopefully uncover some great movies that might have just 'passed you by' before now.

:rockon:

cheers

Posted Image

#2 Nero

Nero

I've Been A Slacker

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:29 PM

Great Idea Sparky, I would like to recommend Killian's Odyssey SE1E00 Act One
Movie Description: Captain Sarah Dixon is summoned to Copernicus Base to speak to Admiral Carpenter on a matter of urgency... little does she know what fate has in store for her... and the Alliance

My thoughts? A brilliant introduction to what i believe will be a big Sci-fi hit on TMU , some turly unique set dressing and wonderful music really does make this a unique viewing experince.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

I enjoyed this one to no end when I first saw it. Rather funny comedy slasher flick in the vein of HomeMadeEye or Kentucky Fried Movie. A fun parody with some real laughs within. The sherrif scene being my personal fave. And by favorite I mean intercourse.

http://www.tmundergr...2fad1/Arbor-Day

#4 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:09 PM

Great Idea Sparky, I would like to recommend Killian's Odyssey SE1E00 Act One
Movie Description: Captain Sarah Dixon is summoned to Copernicus Base to speak to Admiral Carpenter on a matter of urgency... little does she know what fate has in store for her... and the Alliance

I'll second Nero's recommentation of Killian's Odyssey series - well filmed, well written - just some amazing films that I stumbled on last night.

And in a similar vein, let me draw your attention to bef633's Angels of Wolf 359 - a fascinating, as he calls it, "blue collar supernatural sci-fi thriller" (and check out his other movies too - he's worked in a couple of different genre's, and he's definitely got a knack for telling a story.

Ken

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#5 Nero

Nero

I've Been A Slacker

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:16 AM

Although the full film isn't out yet, keep an eye out for Babar's Destino Judging by this Teaser , Babar seems to onto something special , well worth a look.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 Nero

Nero

I've Been A Slacker

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:53 PM

The New Episode of Killian's Odyssey SE1E100 Is Up and its still a wonderful movie experience as usual.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:00 AM

I'm half in the bag after my "after show binge drinking to forget", but I definitely plan to check this out when I'm in my right mind - loved everything I've seen, and if we don't do the K4-athon next week, gonna see if Killian is available to come in...

I know his movies are subtitled, but I hope he can...speak. If not, will my face be red!

Ken

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#8 Hotwax

Hotwax

Yo soy un disco quebrado

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:39 AM

Muddled by Bobahat

I love it because there's just something so strangely hilarious but at the same time so disturbing about this 3 minute short. Whether it be the overly foulmouthed Irishman or the way-too-optimistic reporter stuck in the 50's, or the random as hell ending that involves teleportation, I felt like there was something hidden deep within this movie that I haven't yet understood, but nonetheless I love it. It also doubles as a PSA for Dementia. Have to say it's my fav TMO movie.
Posted Image
My tambourine is still shakin'. - Formerly RavensFan09

#9 Mustachio26

Mustachio26

Scronch, Scronch

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

Pookashell's Memoirs of the Meuse River

Info: An old man remembers his war days and how they affected him.

http://www.tmundergr...-of-Meuse-River

The film is awesome, great VO, the action is incredible, and never once did I feel like pulling up solitaire.

#10 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:22 AM

Wow, I loved this short little flick. Fun and awesome in all sorts of ways. Noir narration and a funny little 50's alien flick. Watch it cause its fresh as hell. Good good times.

http://www.tmundergr...rmageddon-Blues

#11 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:30 AM

Wow, I loved this short little flick. Fun and awesome in all sorts of ways. Noir narration and a funny little 50's alien flick. Watch it cause its fresh as hell. Good good times.

http://www.tmundergr...rmageddon-Blues

Ah, thanks for that recommendation - I remember that movie from the early TMO days and it's good to see it stands the test of time!

#12 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:09 PM

Here's work from a director I haven't caught before:

Ghostship the Directors Cut by WeirdScience

#13 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:18 AM

This is a pretty cool looking trailer - The Da Vinci Code Trailer by langen_87

#14 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:05 PM

This is a pretty cool looking trailer - The Da Vinci Code Trailer by langen_87

Watched this and enjoyed it but thought it was weird to try to remake a real movie here. Just my op. A lot of talent going into it though. Worth a look.

Heres a cute story/documentary/autobiography thing that was just released. Seems a mix of technology. Pretty short and nicely done with photorealistic backdrops and such.

http://www.tmunderground.com/watch/9ed80337f27127a9f1d2/Lassie's-Mother

#15 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:06 PM

Watching this, I was struck by the thought that Dick Cheney may be the most reviled vice president the US has ever had. Anyway, a pretty amusing parody of Chinatown with some fast and furiously amusing dialogue. I wasnt completely able to keep up but its all about the journey...not so much the destination. Um...yea.

Porter Goss in CHINATOWN

#16 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:24 AM

Elle est partie by naej

A sci fi musical in a language I don't understand - what's not to love?

#17 Killian

Killian

...From the darkness, I return...

• Administrators
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:26 AM

Another sci-fi series by what looks to be another good director (he posted a trailer a while ago, but the series looks to be coming out at last).

War on Eden (first two parts are out now); some very nice plotting, good set dressing. Yeah, it's subbed but we all have to start somewhere (says he :)). Check it out; this guy's definately got some serious potential :)

#18 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:41 AM

Clip scream aim fire by pierre

I enjoyed the style of this video. The cell shading really worked with this one.

and another from tonight The Bad Touch

Singing & dancing gorillas. That's just funny no matter how you look at it.

#19 Realitycheck513

Realitycheck513

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:24 AM

{edit} Hi Realitycheck513 - please refer to opening post of this thread. The idea is to promote OTHER people's movies. This isn't a thread for self promotion, so if you could please bear that in mind in future? - Sparky

I recommend this series that I created and that I fight very unique.

This is a story about a young man named Daniel Williams that is a typical underachiever who one day out of the blue decides that life isn't gonna go good for him so he decides to enlist in the United States Marine Corps.

(I Found it difficult to upload part 3 of my series,
for one it wouldn't upload for sum reason and It had a simulated rape scene which I couldn't take out and I couldn't found no actress to play my Lady Liberty so that was Fubar)

Ep1 Enlist
http://www.tmundergr...roud-ep1-Enlist

Ep2 Basic Training
http://www.tmundergr...w-The-Proud-EP2

Ep4 Move Out
http://www.tmundergr...w-The-Proud-EP4

Edited by Sparky, 30 October 2008 - 12:01 PM.

#20 kwistufa

kwistufa

Chaff

• Moderators
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:22 AM

TRASHMAN's 1st TMU Release
(& it's a Brand spankin New Flick!)

MOBY'S DICK
http://www.tmunderground.com/watch/afe05f7597da2be7a3da/Moby's-Dick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users