• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Benjamin Tuttle

Benjamin Tuttle

Fruit Basket!

• Moderators
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

This will teach you how to set up a scene in Blender using props from the Movies, there you can import it and move around the set as one prop.

I used this method in Shadows of the West, Dangerous Desire, Three Names, and Fog in Silverbank.

MED, Blender 2.49b, and the Movies import scripts are needed.

Moderator, Blender User, iClone filmmaker, and overall OCD guy at set dressing.

#2 Geoff-uk

Geoff-uk

• Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

Cheers Ben. I have to say though, using Blender is not an easy task. It's hard getting used to the interface, 3D view and all that. I mostly understand everything you're saying. However, I'm having a huge issue changing textures for certain props, that no matter what I seem to do just stays the same texture as the prop I first imported. Not even pressing TAB helps, it just simply won't let me change any textures. If you have any idea on that, let me know.
Requiem City Lockdown Teaser Trailer: http://www.tmundergr...Teaser-Trailer-
Requiem City Lockdown Production Thread: http://www.tmoaradio...oduction-Thread

#3 Beowulf71

Beowulf71

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

If you want to change a texture, you have to go there:

Posted Image

And load it there:

Posted Image

Changing or putting a texture in the UV Image editor is just to change the mapping of your model and/or adjusting the texture correctly.

Edited by Beowulf71, 01 April 2014 - 02:55 AM.

“I am the ripper, the tearer, the slasher. I am the teeth in the darkness! The talons in the night! My name is strength! And lust! And power! I am BEOWULF!"

#4 Geoff-uk

Geoff-uk

• Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

It seems that no matter what I do, the texture just does not change in display. As you may see, I am am in the options that you showed me Wulf, and even the wall is said to be using the texture I want, but is not shown as such on 3D display. It still carries the texture of the concrete ground. If any of you noticed I've still made an error somewhere, please notify me.

Posted Image

#5 Beowulf71

Beowulf71

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

To see it, you have to make a render, you won't see it otherwise.

Edited by Beowulf71, 01 April 2014 - 09:21 PM.

“I am the ripper, the tearer, the slasher. I am the teeth in the darkness! The talons in the night! My name is strength! And lust! And power! I am BEOWULF!"

#6 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

Have you done the steps that Ben does in his video, like selecting the mesh, go to edit mode(tab), go to the image window, select the one you want in the list, making sure it replaces the one previously (hint: if the name appears in the list but turns red it means it cannot be found or be used for some reason), press A to select everything (the mesh should turn yellow and pink) and make sure you see in the image window, the lines and edges that make up the model over the image. At the same time you should be able to see it in the 3d window.

I hope that helps.

#7 Geoff-uk

Geoff-uk

• Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

I select the mesh with right-click, it has a purple outline around it. I press TAB to go into edit mode and the mesh wireframe shows up. I go into UV/Image Editor, click on the drop-down menu featuring the list of textures, select the one I want, but NOTHING changes. It simply just sticks with the texture it had and does not change it even when I try to. Honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong, I feel like I've followed the steps carefully but nothing is working out for me.

I really appreciate you guys trying to help me out. I guess luck isn't on my side at the moment.

#8 Beowulf71

Beowulf71

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

Like I said changing the texture in the UV image editor won't change it where it matters.

If you change it correctly where I showed you, you won't see it in the 3D view, to see if it really worked you'll have to make a render. To make a render you need a camera and a light, the lighting doesn't have to be great, just there to see which textures is on.

Just try it, you'll see, it's not that hard.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The texture that would show in the game is the one showing on the left bottom corner, the one on the rendered image.

When I export something, I always clear the image in the UV Image Editor.

Edited by Beowulf71, 02 April 2014 - 02:34 PM.

#9 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:12 AM

Did you change the image in the material first..i know it sounds super obvious but seeing Beowulf demonstrate the material got me thinking that even if you do change the image in the uv image editor, it still needs to be included/switched in the material, otherwise it just won't stick. Once it is, if everything works, it should change in the 3d viewport but if it doesn't, it might need an extra puch by going in the uv image editor, go in edit mode, select all the faces, (A key until all the faces are selected) select the texture you changed in the list, and ultimately you should see all the faces in the uv editor over the new texture, and at the same time, in the 3d viewport.

#10 sexymaria

sexymaria

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:31 AM

Also make sure this is set to UV and not orco, which may happen by default.
Posted Image

Banner_Newer.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users