• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Wogglebuglover

Wogglebuglover

Wogglebuglove ******

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

Praise for RPO's voice of the Wogglebug.

You know RPO provides the voice for the Wogglebug in my videos and upcoming movies. It was a miracle always that the voice he gives him is such a perfect match for the character in every way. Especially considering when I'd first approached him for it he had at the time never known of the Wogglebug before having not read the Oz books before.

Also, the Wogglebug has been very rarely seen any film versions (the few there are) of the second Oz book. And the ones I've seen with him, and also nearly all of the voiceovers who voiced the character in audiobook versions of the Oz books, gave him a voice that was depressingly unfit for everything about him. The only viable exception was Sheila Donald's voiceover of him in an audiobook which has been out of print for at least a decade actually. But Richard actually voices him even better.

He gives him a voice that sounds like an insect's (which is exactly where most of the other voices failed at doing at all) but still humanlike enough to be articulate. As well as gives him a charming persona of a bright young gentleman, along with sounding just as intelligent and refined as a "thoroughly educated" character who also happens to be whimsical and rather humorous ought to. I mean while his voice is dignified and somewhat lofty it also is so warm and tender as well as happy that you can't help but love to hear it.

With him, you have no need to worry about your kids ever picking up on anything really wrong, and can also be assurred they can enjoy every second of seeing him. As well as sometimes laughing along with him. RPO gives the Wogglebug the most precious laugh every time he says anything witty or funny, which is what actually has given him his essence of life as far as I'm concerned. Because this was a trait Sheila Donald improvised in the audiobook of "The Land of Oz" also, and I hadn't actually been listening to it for years by the time I heard the Wogglebug laugh again when Richard auditioned for him a few years ago.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"My greatest pride lies in the fact there is no other, and never will be another like me who can change the world to make it happier!" - H.M. Wogglebug T.E.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: future, rposhard, voice acting, wogglebuglove productions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users