2 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:26 PM

On the heels of a fantastic anniversary show yesterday, one which had much discussion in regards to new members and moving forward with the site, much was mentioned about the importance of competitions.
It causes chatter if anything else, and thats never a bad thing.
Without me getting too wordy I think we should do a few now, with or without a hopeful influx of new members come summer.
Lets get a trial run goin.
Trailer comps always work, anyone can do it, even a commercial could do the trick, even a studio logo comp.
25 second max run time or somthin, week or 2 deadline?
Only original made for these?
Prizes could be anything from a specially designed banner or even a mod, hell I dunno.
Maybe a poll to see who wants to do what?
ALSO----
Ben made a great point yesteday about a community collab such as the now classic TWCS xmas movies.
The 1st episode of that took us from March of that year til the big week in Dec., so Im just sayin; epic shit takes alot of thought and time a GROUP was even formed to deal with it, which I believe still exists.
THESE are the types of things that are the life blood of a community in my opinion.
Long live the U.

ps. quite frankly there should almost always be some form of competition going on here.
Posted Image

#2 Rocco

Rocco

BRONXBROTHERS

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

what if we do a TEAM based competition of 2-4 ppl with a prize GIFT CARD from AMAZON "we each donate a small amount"

example...on my team ill just handle set-dressing...then the other does costumes...then the other does ect

then make new construction threads "maybe locked just for the group" so they can post pics of the sets and costumes ect and collaborate in secret

or themes competitions....such as a VAMPIRE short...or DEMON/GHOSTS short...or a ROMANCE short..ect

#3 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:14 PM

Thats feasible at some point and feel free to start one Roc.
Im a landscaper by trrade and its currently -5 degrees here in Toledo, so sorry to say, I for one wont be poppin on any cash, until my fridge gets full again in the spring.
Team comps are historically difficult by nature, and most definately puts the ''private group'' option here to good use fo sure.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users