• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:35 PM

What kind of competitions would you like to see?

How much of it should be community-based competitions, how much should be individual members or groups of members, putting on a competition (ala the Mefune Trailer comp, or Harb's Passion Competition)?

And let's not forget The Ollies, the kind of the community competitions.

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#2 TehPoptartKid

TehPoptartKid

2+2= Fish!

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:47 PM

I think we should also have voice acting competitions, modding competitions and radio play competitions. I think that would be fun. Perhaps some script writing competitions, and music competitions for people who like making music.

Edited by TehPoptartKid, 16 February 2015 - 09:02 PM.

#3 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:47 PM

I think we should also have voice acting competitions, modding competitions and radio play competitions. I think that would be fun. Perhaps some script writing competitions, and music competitions for people who like making music.

Agreed - there's a lot more to the community than just​ making movies, and our competitions should reflect that.

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#4 WX_IVAN

WX_IVAN

Silent but violent

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:20 AM

How about a 30 second mock commercial? :4:
12920471_10154801016902699_9026941978120[sig]/[sig]

#5 Rocco

Rocco

BRONXBROTHERS

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:38 AM

3 minute short movie featuring only Ken and Monk (mods make heads)...how disturbing or hilarious can it get?

#6 Nahton

Nahton

MovieStormer

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:01 AM

This thread caused me to recall of some competition we had in the past.

I enjoyed participating Greenglades voice competition. It was a lot of fun and but a lot of work on his part as well. Maybe there could be a way to run a scaled down version of that.

Some of the others I enjoyed:
The 30 Second Comedy Competition (I've probably messed up the name but I think Ben Tuttle ran it)
The Fable Competition - Or something similar where all the movies are based on the same theme. We could put passion in the name and... oh, never mind. (Sorry Harb, I just realized why what I was typing sounded familiar.)
Monk also ran a blank set competition that relied on the script and performances to craft a story.

#7 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:40 PM

In my mind, what we're looking at is two kinds of competitions:

Community Competitions - These are sponsored and run by the TMU Community as a whole.
Individual Competitions - These are sponsored and run by individual members of the community.

I think there's certainly room for both kinds, and with a good mixture of them, there can almost always be something going on.

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users