• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

Here's where we'll discuss the Machinima-U/TMUniversity initiative that will be finally coming to fruition this summer.

Some questions for the community...

• Name - Originally it was going to be Machinima-U...then I found that the TMUniversity.com domain was available, so I grabbed that too. Earlier some considered TMUniversity to be too parochial, too tied to this community, and not as open and "welcoming". With the Summer of TMU thing, where "branding" of the community is becoming more important is that still the case?
  • Classes - What kind of classes would you like to see? What subjects? I'm still thinking that a workshop is a better and more inclusive way of sharing knowledge, rather than just telling people how to do things. But I come from a writing background where workshops are pretty standard in instruction. What's your thoughts on that?
  • Instructors - Who would you like to see as instructors? Community members and non-active members. Teaching what? There's no guarantee that we can get the people we'd like to get, but if we could, who would you like to see on the "faculty"?

That should get the discussion started...

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#2 kkffoo

kkffoo

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:36 PM

I'm glad the news banner has changed as every time I saw the reference to Aroundworld's writing class I had a stab of guilt that Ken arranged a new forum just as our year long classes seemed to run out of steam (we'd been working for over a year at the Moviestorm forum).
Joseph became tied up with his new family and it just wasn't the same without him.
Having said that, maybe as we approach the summer it might be time to revive that class?
PC still running after clearest yeah! Now noodling with Plotagon.

#3 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:48 PM

Hey Kate, These guilty feelings are kinda what caused me to state I prefer short one off classes instead of multi week ones that require commitments from both the teacher and the students. This was particularly the case as there were only three of us and when I couldnt participate well...I felt responsible for it not succeeding.

I vote for TMUniversity.

Material that would interest me right now:
* Good Pose to Pose animation (timeline animatable software).
* How to draw a bigger audience for my movies.
* rigging a basic character in Blender or 3dXchange for Iclone

No ideas on potential faculty.

Edited by thebiz, 24 February 2015 - 05:57 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Rocco

Rocco

BRONXBROTHERS

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:44 PM

ART CLASS 101

by Professor BB

"ARTISTIC TALENT is born of pain...the more you have...the more talented you are"

#5 Bezzer

Bezzer

senior warrior

• Members
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:00 PM

Another vote for TMUniversity here...not that I have anything against the 'M' word, honestly :-}

I'd personally love to see classes on inspiration and motivation for virtual cinema movie makers...something like this on launch could also be a great promotional tool for TMU.

For instructors, it'd be great (but probably not likely) to see some of TMU's finest involved...Kate Lee, Joseph Kwong, Rik Vargard (story, technique, style)...it'd also rock to see Jase and A_N_D back...but alas...

#6 Nahton

Nahton

MovieStormer

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:38 AM

TMU University.

It seems like a slamdunk to me as you already own the domain name. I don't see it as being parochial. It's all in how open and welcoming we are in building our brand and projecting it outside the community in order to draw people in and make them comfortable. And then, when they least expect it....

Oh damn, I've said too much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users