Photo
- - - - -

TMUCloud - Private cloud storage and collaboration for the community.

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 kkffoo

kkffoo

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:48 AM

I managed to log on using my android tablet, but I'm afraid slidey finger syndrome kicked in and I accidentally deleted a file. There is an option to restore deleted files, but trying to do so causes errors. The file is the PDF owncloud manual.
PC still running after clearest yeah! Now noodling with Plotagon.

#22 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:56 PM

Not very impressed with the login/registration system. When I go to reset the password, I get this:

"Couldn't send reset email. Please make sure your username is correct."

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#23 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:06 PM

Can't reproduce either issue.

Deleted and restored files from both my admin account and test account with no problems. I do see an error in the log with Kate when you tried to maybe restore the file ( fopen(/home/tmuniversity/public_html/owncloud/data/kkffoo/files/ownCloudUserManual.pdf.d1428748538): failed to open stream: No such file or directory at /home/tmuniversity/public_html/owncloud/lib/private/files/storage/local.php#216)- the file is in your trashbin on the server, so not sure why it won't restore.

As for Biggs, I logged out, "attempted" to log in as 'BiggsTrek', my password was wrong (next time I'll hire a hacker), so I asked for a password reset and it presumably sent it.

See if either of you can reproduce the issues and detail exactly what you did.

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#24 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:07 PM

As for Biggs, I logged out, "attempted" to log in as 'BiggsTrek', my password was wrong (next time I'll hire a hacker), so I asked for a password reset and it presumably sent it.

See if either of you can reproduce the issues and detail exactly what you did.

Guessing my problem was the Activation email went to SPAM, so I never saw it. Then trying to reset a password for an inactivate account was a no-no? Dunno (I'm a poet!) But I found a reset password email in SPAM as well (by the date, I'd say it was mine, not yours, Ken.)

End result: I'm in. Will delve into the rest of it when I get a chance.

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#25 kkffoo

kkffoo

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:04 PM

Tried deleting and restoring a photo.n
o. issues. Try to restore PDF, won't co-operate. Maybe android operating system is a factor?
PC still running after clearest yeah! Now noodling with Plotagon.

#26 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:51 PM

Android OS might be a factor, Kate - I haven't installed the app on my phone. Another issue may be that you were deleting one of the files that they provision with your account, and it's more of a virtual file than a real file - on the other hand, that's one of the files I deleted and restored and I tried it with testy in case it was an admin thing that let me do it, and that worked too - so maybe android, maybe some unknown something.

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#27 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:12 PM

Is this the place that would be called upon to host the various Movie Mods and such?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#28 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:45 PM

Is this the place that would be called upon to host the various Movie Mods and such?

Yeah, it makes sense to use our own storage solution for anything we want to host.

Also, it just occurred to me that if everything is properly integrated, you'll have one login, one password, and one profile that goes across the movie, forum, and owncloud site. So if you're a member of the community, you can get into any part of the community without another username and password. There might even be a way (with cookies) to have you be able to go into any part of the community without having to login again - so if you're in the forums, you click a link or whatever and you're at the movie site or the owncloud site. I don't know a lot about cookies, other than consuming them, but I believe that's how it works.

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#29 Beowulf71

Beowulf71

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:18 AM

Maybe I should put all my mods there...:drool:
“I am the ripper, the tearer, the slasher. I am the teeth in the darkness! The talons in the night! My name is strength! And lust! And power! I am BEOWULF!"

#30 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:29 PM

Maybe I should put all my mods there...:drool:

Yes, you should....and just as a test....

http://cloud.tmunder...s0x0u6oJYcRLXPp

This is part (though not all) of the mods that were on theXTM, the first The Movies modding site. I hosted the XTM on the TMOA server for a year or two, and when Vemkeit and Goldengurl moved on to other pursuits, backed the whole thing up on a local drive. So I've got most of the mods that they offered there, and this is the first batch (the easy to find batch - I know there are at least three other archives of mods on my machine, and I'll get them up too).

So this is sharing and also a test for me of OwnCloud. Made a directory, moved the files in, dumped it into my local shared folder and the OwnCloud app synced it up to the cloud (I could have zipped the whole thing and uploaded it manually, or tediously uploaded them manually, but that worked better). Then I shared the directory as a link, and as you'll see when you click the link, you don't have to be an OwnCloud user to look at the mods and download what you like. So that functionality works.

I did notice that the gif/bmp previews didn't render, which is probably a function of OwnCloud - jpgs render fine, though.

The collection includes a bunch of stuff from the immortal MelGhoul, as well as mods by Lizard, Daninsky, HalfSwiss, Dylen, and other forgotten names. Some good stuff. So if you're a Movies user, or you just want to take a look at the sharing abilities.

Edited by kuroken, 22 July 2015 - 08:09 PM.

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#31 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

I can follow the link to the downloads but it doesnt show up on my homepage as a shared folder. Should it? Also, I dont see it but is there any search utilities?

Edit - I now see the search window. Seems to work fine as long as you are in the right folder.

Also, when I go to the users menu (top right dropdown) it shows me all the users in the TMUers group and apparently allows me the ability to change their names and their passwords. At least I think it does....

EDIT - Ah, Im an admin for the group. I see. Sorry.

Having issues with the profile picture ability from the profile section. When I choose a new picture it keeps on defaulting to the original picture I uploaded when going to the resize capability. It uploads the new pic but resizing it is a pain as its blind. Does this make sense?

Edited by thebiz, 14 April 2015 - 03:15 PM.

#32 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:33 PM

I can follow the link to the downloads but it doesnt show up on my homepage as a shared folder. Should it? Also, I dont see it but is there any search utilities?

Edit - I now see the search window. Seems to work fine as long as you are in the right folder.

Also, when I go to the users menu (top right dropdown) it shows me all the users in the TMUers group and apparently allows me the ability to change their names and their passwords. At least I think it does....

EDIT - Ah, Im an admin for the group. I see. Sorry.

Having issues with the profile picture ability from the profile section. When I choose a new picture it keeps on defaulting to the original picture I uploaded when going to the resize capability. It uploads the new pic but resizing it is a pain as its blind. Does this make sense?

As for the mod files, it was a test of the link capability - I didn't bother to share it with the TMUers group, but I've rectified that, so you should now see it as a shared folder in your files.

The picture thing...don't know - I just uploaded and cropped a new picture, and I had no problems. So I don't know. I see nothing in terms of user administration to allow or disallow the ability to change profile pix. What are the file details? Jpg? How big?

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#33 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

If you upload a profile photo and crop/size it and then try to upload a different image the resizing functionality reverts to the original photo. There I think I said it better. This resets when you log out. Not a deal breaker, just a thing I noticed.

#34 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:02 PM

If you upload a profile photo and crop/size it and then try to upload a different image the resizing functionality reverts to the original photo. There I think I said it better. This resets when you log out. Not a deal breaker, just a thing I noticed.

Okay, finally managed to reproduce it - yeah, if you upload a profile pic, then immediately attempt to upload another, it all goes crazy. It is a bug of sorts (though it doesn't throw an error in the admin log, so maybe it has something to do with the way AJAX refreshes the page, if it's using AJAX). Probably not too big a deal - most will choose an image, crop it, and be done - if they change it, they'll do the same, since you can cancel the change if you don't like the way it looks or crops. But it's an answer if somebody has problems - log out, log in, and you're good.

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#35 Beowulf71

Beowulf71

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

It download really easily, but I can't unzip anything...:pinch:
“I am the ripper, the tearer, the slasher. I am the teeth in the darkness! The talons in the night! My name is strength! And lust! And power! I am BEOWULF!"

#36 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:19 PM

What were you trying to unzip, and what are you using to unzip? I just grabbed a couple of random files, and unzipped them just fine.

(Also, would somebody else check to make sure they're unzipping. It may just be due to my awesomeness that it works...:clown:)

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#37 Beowulf71

Beowulf71

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:25 PM

I tried the first 3 or 4 files and I use The Unarchiver, Zipeg, Zipit, Stuffit, Archive Utility (I'm on Mac, but usually, I don't have problems with Zip files)

EDIT:

Ok, scratch that, I manage to unzip the files with Zipeg (I had to do a little something I usually don't have to do...)

Edited by Beowulf71, 14 April 2015 - 05:41 PM.

#38 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:48 PM

Hmmm, I don't know how effective the Mac unzippers are, or if there's another that would work better - I can easily unzip them with either WinRar or windows explorer, but these are 7-8 year old files, so no idea - try the trial of WinZip for Mac (http://www.winzip.co...c/en/index.html) - it's pricey to buy, but am interested if that will work. You also might try http://www.kekaosx.com/en/, which is free.

The combination of a different OS and old zip files might be an issue - they're not password protected, they unzip fine with windows, so I'm guessing the MacOS is the issue. I don't have my Mac virtual machine loaded since I had to wipe my drive, but if it continues to be an issue, I'll get it on here and see if I can figure it out.

Just saw your edit - nevermind...LOL

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#39 Beowulf71

Beowulf71

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:01 PM

Just tried keka OSX and it works great... Better than Zipeg.

#40 Beowulf71

Beowulf71

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:02 PM

Uploading a few mods, let me know if what I've done so far is correct.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users