• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:22 PM

Okay, we're in our new forum home. We can see what it looks like in IP Boards.

With that in mind, what kind of additional changes would you like to see in terms of forum layout? Or is everybody pretty happy with the way things are (keep in mind that the entire NNOW forum will go into the Orphanage as archival read-only once all the deploying and moving stuff is done - once we're set, then all issues and suggestions will go into the specific forums where they belong).

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#22 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:31 PM

This is kind of minor but its been bugging me.

I think you should remove "need some help" from the promotion thread description so it reads like this:

Have a new movie to promote? Working on a new movie and need some help? want to excite people about an upcoming project till they scream with delight? This is the place.

Also I think "Production" should be renamed "Production Help"

Im also bothered by the way we handle voice acting but Im not sure how to bring it to life...still thinking.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#23 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:40 PM

K, first two suggestions are in there.

I agree about voice acting - I'd like to bring it more to the fore, and I believe in the past we've struggled with how to make it not buried in a subforum, yet not raised above other collaborative aspects of movie making. If you come up with something, let me know and we'll give it a try. Easy enough to change things, and if they don't work, change them back.

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#24 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:26 PM

I think we still need an introduction page on the forum just let member know who we are and how they can be involved in our community.

#25 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:02 PM

I think we still need an introduction page on the forum just let member know who we are and how they can be involved in our community.

How would that work, Zeke. You go to beta.forum.tmunderground.com and rather than the foums opening up, you get a page with our mission statement or whatever?

Keep in mind that after I get all this new stuff implemented, I plan to have a landing page at http://www.tmunderground.com, that will have that information - a welcome page, as it were, with blocks on either side showing latest movies, latest posts, events, etc. etc. (with chat as well, like all pages will have).

Is that what you're talking about, or did you have some other idea?

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#26 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:42 PM

looks like you may have it covered with the welcome page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users