• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:26 PM

What that means is things that don't work that worked yesterday or 2 hours ago, not things that we've had problems with for a long time.

I'm trying to keep all of these in their own little thread (hopefully little) so I can go through and fix them without background noise.

Thanks.

Ken

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#2 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:14 PM

I'll start off (and it's the only thing I've noticed so far) - the link to a member's studio under their avatar is broken.

Break number one probably has something to do with the code, which is probably easy to fix. The second problem is with the actual URL it links to. Currently it will work, since there's a redirect in place and anything going to tmunderground.com/xxx will go to movies.tmunderground.com/xxx.

But that redirect will go away as soon as I have the time to put together a landing page that will be the "home page" of the community, with links to everything, the RSS feeds, etc. etc. Will probably wait until we change forum software, but not much beyond that.

Of course, with IP Boards, I'm not sure how the "post_bit", as that section of each post is known, will change, so I'm not making any fixes until after we switch forum software. Unless someone feels it's essential that it be working now, goddamit!

Edited by kuroken, 22 July 2015 - 05:56 PM.

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#3 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:45 PM

A problem I've noticed is the forums no longer seem to be accessible via Tapatalk. Not a huge deal but I do like getting notifications from here while I'm out and about :)
"Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

#4 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:38 PM

I haven't messed with the tapatalk plug-in and with updating the site info on the tapatalk site since the move. Will get to that a little later when the fires at the movie site are all extinguished.

It's coming back, Mac.

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#5 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:28 PM

I'm making this a new post in hopes that the update of Tapatalk that I just downloaded and deployed is working, and you're seeing this, Mac. Had to get the new version, since the version we had was so old it was no longer supported.

Much like me.

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#6 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:12 PM

The redirect doesnt seem to work from my mobile. Clicking on the forum link from the movie site I get a dead link.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:28 PM

Just sent a email to subhosting about that very thing.

Last evening, they finished up moving all the other domains, and asked me to go to my registrars (Google Domains for most, a few still left at GoDaddy) to change the domain IP settings and name server settings.

I haven't done that in 7 years, since we moved everything from Jaguar to subhosting. And clearly I used to be much smarter than I am now. Because I fucked it all up. With the main result being I had no email on any of my accounts.

Admittedly, it was 2 am in India, where the subhosting tech staff is, and Dayanitta probably wasn't their top tech staffer on the graveyard shift. Three and a half hours later, I still didn't have email, Arvin took over, and email was restored. During that, noticed that the redirect didn't seem to be working, but figured it was part of the issue and didn't worry about it.

This morning, checked it and indeed it is gone. So I'm working with subhosting to fix that issue and also to get me email access on the tmunderground.com root domain so I can use that for welcome letters and other email. It might help cut down on the spam I get from email scrapers in time.

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#8 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:37 PM

Okay, the redirect is fixed. Give it a check and see on whatever devices you use. I also have a tmunderground.com email account at last, so during the day, I hope to change all the contact email details on the site over to that, so any future emails you get SHOULD come from admin@tmunderground.com. We'll see.

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users