• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:58 PM

Hello folks, this coming weekend TMUnderground is holding 3 days of events starting on Friday the 19th with Ben Tuttles's IClone Film School.  Previous episodes of Ben's series have covered cinematography, Blender Basics and Iclone 101 topics.  Directly following Ben's show Macwemyss and myself will be presenting our favorite TMU movies from 2015.  Then on Saturday the 20th there will be a live premier of The Great TMU Movie.  This 85 minute movie tells the past present and future of TMU and was made using Iclone, CTA, Muvizu and Moviestorm with contributions from over 40 TMU members.  Finally on Sunday, Ken, Monk and Roger will get the gang back together again for the 10th TMOA Radio anniversary.  The chat rooms should be jumping with members old and new.  It will be a good opportunity to get involved, get motivated and see what folks are up to.  I hope to see you there.

More details will be added to this thread as the week progresses.

• BiggsTrek, Harb40 and kkffoo like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 homemadeeye

homemadeeye

Net Worth: 50,000 VCs

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:37 PM

I'm looking forward to you and Macwemyss's favorite movies so I can see what I missed this past year, and I'm especially looking forward to The Great TMU Movie. I totally forgot about that, and I'm kicking myself for not being a part of it. Hopefully I can make it to the 10th TMOA Radio anniversary.

#3 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:29 AM

Hey HME,

We shot the best of 2015 clips on saturday night.  It was pretty excellent with some great conversation.  Im not going to have a lot of time to put all the streams together (we recorded the two video files seperately, each had a video camera recording and recorded the audio seperately in audacity) but hopefully it will all come together and be as fun to watch as it was to do.  Its going to be a fun weekend.  The more you participate the better it will be!

• kkffoo likes this

#4 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:09 PM

Just one day till the festivities begin.  Excitement is building but questions remain....Just whats with all those glasses?  Find out Friday when Macwemyss and I talk about our favorite TMU movies of 2015!

3525.jpg

#5 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:45 PM

I'm probably just missing this somewhere, but what are the times for these awesome events?

#6 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:57 PM

Still waiting on the final say so.  Expect Friday Night around 7 or 8 pm EST, Saturday Night around the same.  Then Sunday Afternoon around 2-3 pm EST.  Official times and the links will be out later today or early tomorrow.  

Good to see you Dulci!

#7 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:06 PM

Good point, I don't think the timing was set in stone yet but Ken's rough guide for times was:

Friday 19th February (BenTuttle90's iClone Film School followed by the Best of 2015 by Biz and I) : Programming starts at 5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern / 1am UK / 2am Europe / Midday (Saturday) Canberra Australia

Saturday 20th February (The Great TMU Movie) : Programming starts between 11am-midday Pacific / 2pm-3pm Eastern / 7pm-8pm UK / 8pm-9pm Europe / 6am-7am (Sunday) Canberra Australia

Sunday 21st February (The TMOA 10th Anniversary Show) : Programming starts between 11am-midday Pacific / 2pm-3pm Eastern / 7pm-8pm UK / 8pm-9pm Europe / 6am-7am (Monday) Canberra Australia

I hope I got all that right.. I'm sure Ken will clarify soon :)

• kkffoo likes this
"Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

#8 Benjamin Tuttle

Benjamin Tuttle

Fruit Basket!

• Moderators
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:37 AM

Looking forward to it! :)

Moderator, Blender User, iClone filmmaker, and overall OCD guy at set dressing.

#9 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:56 AM

Here is the official TMU Weekend schedule:

Friday Feb 19th

6PM EST - IClone Film School with Ben Tuttle

8PM EST - Favorite TMU Films of 2015 with Macwemyss and thebiz

http://forum.tmunder...e/tmu_live.html

Saturday Feb 20th

4PM EST - The LIve Premier of "The Great TMU Movie"

http://forum.tmunder...e/tmu_live.html

Sunday Feb 21st

2PM EST - TMOA 10th Anniversary Radio Show with Ken, Monk and Roger

http://forum.tmunder...page/radio.html

3533.jpg

#10 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 February 2016 - 04:38 AM

Awesome ! Thanks for the schedule update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:04 PM

Awesome ! Thanks for the schedule update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#12 riott007

riott007

Goats Fuck Holla

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:02 PM

I am going to try to have a listen if nothing else to troll the chat room.

Hai!

• Johnny Ex likes this

#13 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:35 PM

Hi riott, good to see you. As I was collecting info And media for The Great TMU Movie I found a screen cap of the flash page of theriott.com from the way back machine. As I wasn't a member and the movie didn't go into the other smaller communities that sprang up I didn't end up using it but I'll try to post it here later tonight if I get a chance.

edit - Here we go!

3545.jpg

• Johnny Ex likes this

#14 Nukester

Nukester

Erase | Rewind

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:43 AM

Exciting stuff all! Will be popping by and will be around this weekend! :)

#15 Beowulf71

Beowulf71

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 03:50 AM

Great news, I'll try to watch/listen to some stuff this weekend.

See ya!

“I am the ripper, the tearer, the slasher. I am the teeth in the darkness! The talons in the night! My name is strength! And lust! And power! I am BEOWULF!"

#16 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:45 PM

Whew, Day one is in the books.  Good times were had with BenTuttle and the Boys in their Google Hangout FIlm School session.  Then the Favorites of 2015 Show went over well after some minor technical issues and the chat room was a rollicking good time.  It was a marathon movie watching session as we strolled through roughly 3 hours of TMU movies.  So, whats in store for today?

• An encore presentation of theBiz and Macwemyss's Favorite TMU films of 2015. 12:45pm Eastern, 9:45am Pacific, 6:45pm GMT.
  • The live premiere of The Great TMU Movie, a look at the past, present, and future of the TMOA/TMU community, with contributions from more than 40 TMU members. 4pm Eastern, 1pm Pacific, 9pm GMT.

So if you missed the good times last night we are running that beat back.  Watch our 2015 favorites and then settle in for "The Great TMU Movie" at 4pm EST.  Hope to see you folks there!

And Hiya Nukester!  Nuke well in the 2016.

#17 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:56 PM

An encore presentation of theBiz and Macwemyss's Favorite TMU films of 2015. 12:45pm Eastern, 9:45am Pacific, 6:45pm GMT.

5:45pm GMT ;)

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
  • kkffoo likes this
"Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

#18 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 February 2016 - 05:44 PM

So if you missed the good times last night we are running that beat back.  Watch our 2015 favorites and then settle in for "The Great TMU Movie" at 4pm EST.  Hope to see you folks there!

Just a few minutes to go til the 2015 favorites ! Popcorn ready.

#19 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:35 PM

Did you miss The Great TMU Movie?  It's replaying right now!

• thebiz likes this

#20 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:11 PM

Okay, and we're down to the final day of the Weekend of TMU.

And it's the TMOA 10th Anniversary Show!

What will we have?

Well, we'll have original host Roger for the FULL five hours. We'll have Monk for the FULL five hours. Of course, you'll have Me for the FULL five hours. RPOShard will be there in the later part of the show with his annual Oscar predictions.

And we'll have guests! Jase180 plans to sit in for a while. Chris62 says he'd like to come in for a bit. In the third hour, we hope to have the Wolf and Dulci reunion (according to Dulci, they haven't spoken since their final show....talk about awkward!) And I'm sure we'll have some other folks who will volunteer or be dragged from the chat room to dance and sing for your entertainment pleasure.

Plus lots of other stuff you haven't heard in a long time - perhaps...a decade.

It all begins at 2 pm Eastern, 1 pm Central, 11 am Pacific, and 7 pm GMT. To listen, click the radio tab at the top of the page. Start the stream. Then, as that builds the aural frenzy in your ears, click the chat tab, and come on in! If you're logged into the forum, it will automagically log you in. If not, just login with your forum stuff, or come in as a guest and put your name in so we know who you are. We are making a list and checking it twice.

Ten years! Had I known what was to come, I would have walked into the warm waters of the Atlantic Ocean and waited until the waves closed over my head and I gently drifted away.

But I didn't know. So here we all are. And I'll see you all there, at the show.

Ken

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users