3 replies to this topic

#1 Harb40

Harb40

When will it get better?

• Members
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:43 AM

The first post for the 2016 contest has been posted.  There will be a mini contest coming sometime in March with a cash prize.

The Passion Competition is now on Facebook.  Like our page.

#2 Rocco

Rocco

BRONXBROTHERS

• Members
  • 734 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:02 AM

MoviesSE%202015-11-09%2017-47-11-94_zpse

pain, love, lust, hate, psychosis, exotic, arousal of the filthiest kind I wonder?

oh tickle me in...

• Harb40 likes this

#3 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:17 PM

MoviesSE%202015-11-09%2017-47-11-94_zpse

pain, love, lust, hate, psychosis, exotic, arousal of the filthiest kind I wonder?

oh tickle me in...

Why do you troll threads with these?
I'm curious.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#4 Harb40

Harb40

When will it get better?

• Members
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:21 AM

What I posted in the Passion Competition Facebook Group:

The Passion Competition has been self funded since 2009. Yes I have had corporate sponsors donate their software but all other costs, including some prizes, the website and advertising, have come out of my pocket.

With that said, I have given serious thought into crowd funding to raise revenue to allow larger cash prizes along with the software. The first step is to open a bank account that is not connected to my personal account (which means I have to find a different bank) so I can link PayPal to it. I have a PayPal account but want to keep any money collected for the competition separate from my personal monies so I can show that all monies collected are going strictly to the competition.

I am looking at credit unions since most have accounts with no monthly fees. Many banks still charge a monthly service charge if you either do not deposit a certain amount per month or fall below a certain dollar amount. Credit unions for the most part don't have these fees. Hopefully by the end of March I will have an account set up so I can look into crowdfunding. GoFundMe also requires a Facebook page so that is another reason I am moving all my film making and competition related stuff to Pass Comp (which will be renamed Harb40) as soon as they let me, can only change names once in a 60 day period).

My plan is not only to help raise revenue to allow bigger cash prizes but to also help attract attention to the competition. As it stands, getting only 10-30 entries for the video and 1-5 entries for the story (which may or may not become scripts) will not allow the competition to move forward. Sponsors need to see results and are only willing to offer their name and product up to successful endeavors.

More info to come on this as it is available.

The Passion Competition is now on Facebook.  Like our page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users