#1 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:49 PM

I do believe the servers are down....

http://www.wired.co....eloper-lionhead

"Microsoft has announced the closure of Lionhead Studios, the developer responsible for the Fable franchise that the Xbox manufacturer bought in 2006.

In a post on the official Xbox site, Hanno Lemke -- General Manager of Microsoft Studios Europe -- writes that "after much consideration we have decided to cease development on Fable Legends, and are in discussions with employees about the proposed closure of Lionhead Studios in the UK."

Lionhead had been working on Fable Legends in various forms since 2012, and was most recently planned for release as a cross--platform free-to-play title for Xbox One and Windows 10.  The game had been delayed from a planned 2015 release to this year, although an open beta had been planned for this spring, indicating some confidence in the title's development. Being so close to launch makes the sudden cancellation all the more surprising."

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:43 PM

That's interesting - obviously the Fable franchise was what was keeping Lionhead afloat, since they didn't seem to have anything else going on. But I had thought that it was a successful franchise.

Of course, I never got my Fable cartridge signed by Peter Molyneux for winning that competition (maybe when I publicly put the XBox I also won up as a competition prize immediately after it arrived, they decided I had no need for the game cartridge). So Fable and Lionhead can bite me.

• Johnny Ex likes this

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#3 SpidermanForever

SpidermanForever

The Superior- Spidey

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:45 PM

This effing sucks, we will never get a sequel to The Movies now. What a bloody shame, as the likelihood of another game company making a similar game is extremely low.

#4 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:40 PM

Man spidey, color me impressed with your lung capacity.  I couldn't hold my breath that long...hehe.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Carver

Carver

Pusher Man

• Moderators
  • 474 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:08 PM

That's unfortunate for them but I stopped playing Fable games after 3. Never cared for anything else they made. Once they got rid of TMO I figured there would never be another TM game - this 100% confirms it.

#6 kkffoo

kkffoo

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:27 PM

Such a shame, I guess they must have had their reasons, but it is hard not to feel peeved about this.

PC still running after clearest yeah! Now noodling with Plotagon.

#7 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:57 PM

Agreed Kate.
Interestingly in the articles I've read TM isn't mentioned as one of their known games.
Man, TM2 would have been so awesome.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#8 Rocco

Rocco

BRONXBROTHERS

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:04 PM

we did the best we could with what they gave us...no sequel...but it's the greatest movie making tool for amateurs...NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO BUY THE RIGHTS TO TM...

#9 MadAngus

MadAngus

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:18 AM

Lionhead who???  :rolleyes:

#10 Howitzer

Howitzer

The Dancing Lion of TMU!

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:52 AM

It's a shame indeed. Other than The Movies I did enjoy Fable (I think I had the Lost Chapters version on PC).

But the best thing they did was the Black and White games!
Awesome little God game with elements of city building, RTS, role play and almost Tamagochi like pet raising.

I lost WEEKS to those games! and no mention of them either :(

#11 goofparade

goofparade

• Members
  • 799 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:24 PM

One last parting volley for our beloved Lionhead moderators Woody and his lovable sidekick Sam..

YOU'RE BANNED UNTIL THE YEAR 2112!

riott, you are now offically unbanned.

PS woody and Sam..you are both dicks.
  • Johnny Ex likes this

#12 skarsten

skarsten

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:57 PM

Yeah, that was one of the most toxic forums I've ever used.  The amount of browbeating and bullying via the reputation system was just ridiculous.

Modern Marvels Entertainment on the YouTubes

Hitfilm Tutorials and other VFX stuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users