4 replies to this topic

#1 skarsten

skarsten

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:34 PM

Hey gang,

I'd do this myself, but I can't get the mod tools to work on my system.  :unsure: Anyway, if someone could take five minutes to whip up a solid green (RGB #00FF00) wall prop for The Movies, I'd really appreciate it.  It should be roughly as tall  as a single character and then some, and about three times as wide; basically I need to be able to stick a green screen behind any character at any angle so that I can easily mask out the background.

Thanks in advance!

Modern Marvels Entertainment on the YouTubes

Hitfilm Tutorials and other VFX stuff

#2 Benjamin Tuttle

Benjamin Tuttle

Fruit Basket!

• Moderators
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:08 PM

Hey gang,

I'd do this myself, but I can't get the mod tools to work on my system.  :unsure: Anyway, if someone could take five minutes to whip up a solid green (RGB #00FF00) wall prop for The Movies, I'd really appreciate it.  It should be roughly as tall  as a single character and then some, and about three times as wide; basically I need to be able to stick a green screen behind any character at any angle so that I can easily mask out the background.

Thanks in advance!

Four minutes to be exact. 

You can find it in the professional section.

Moderator, Blender User, iClone filmmaker, and overall OCD guy at set dressing.

#3 skarsten

skarsten

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:23 PM

Thanks, Ben!  I owe ya one.

#4 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:48 AM

You could also download these.

They're giant wall props with various textures. I've been using them for years, probably my most used mod behind the Tarison Bluescreen. As well as a greenscreen there are also various shades of blue in there, as well as red, white, etc.

"Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

#5 skarsten

skarsten

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:58 AM

Thanks mac, that's a bit more than what I need but it's good to have the link available for anyone else in the same boat.

Ben was clever enough to flip the normals on a huge cube, so I can totally isolate anything in solid green.  It's gonna save me a huge amount of roto work.

...and wouldn't you know it, not five minutes after I posted this I found a *.msh plugin for Milkshape3D?  Geez.  Where was that hiding the last time I looked?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users