5 replies to this topic

#1 Harb40

Harb40

When will it get better?

• Members
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:19 AM

Due to recent personal events that may require me to relocate there is a possibility that the competition might take a one year hiatus since a move of this magnitude would take up too much of my time.  Some of you are aware that my mother died on April 5th and I have to try to deal with her estate (even though it is not very big) and possible probate court.  Depending on the help I get from the executor of the estate (unfortunately she cannot due much since the original will cannot be found and only an unsigned copy is available which is not legally binding) and what the courts say I have to do, I may have to relocate since doing all the legal stuff is difficult long distance.

I will know more in the coming weeks on whether the move will take place or not. I will keep everyone posted as I get a better idea of how my personal life will impact the competition.

The Passion Competition is now on Facebook.  Like our page.

#2 kkffoo

kkffoo

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:17 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss Harb. Hope things go more straightforwardly than you fear.

PC still running after clearest yeah! Now noodling with Plotagon.

#3 Harb40

Harb40

When will it get better?

• Members
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:06 PM

Thanks Kate.  It is all going to depend on the value of the estate, how much real estate is involved and more.  My sister and I are in agreement on what to do but we have to see what the courts say.  The lesson to be learned from this experience is make sure that everything you want to happen after your death is in writing, signed and notorized and multiple copies made and kept where everyone knows.  One missing signature or not being notorized can be a real pain.

#4 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:48 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss Harb. Hope things go more straightforwardly than you fear.

Most importantly despite my usual gruffness, Harb.
Sorry for ur loss.
Best wishes.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#5 Harb40

Harb40

When will it get better?

• Members
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:17 AM

Not gruff at all Johnny.

Thanks

#6 Harb40

Harb40

When will it get better?

• Members
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:34 PM

Due to a recent personal event, the death of my mother, the Passion Competition will be on hiatus for 2016. I am relocating from Wisconsin back to Arizona to take over her estate and handle all legal proceedings. This will take too much of my time and will not let me properly administer this contest.

We will leave the crowdfunding in place for our return in 2017. I will continue to give updates on our progress towards a return as it happens.

The official announcement is here: forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users