• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 01:00 AM

Hello good TMUers!  Another Movie Night is upon us this Saturday and we have a particular treat for you featuring a live Premier of Direx1974's Part 1 of The Journey.  You may remember this western project from  Direx1974's promo thread from a few years ago with sumptuous screenies and awesome promoclips.  Direx has given us a chance to screen his first part of this epic project and I am completly excited to see it.

In addition to the Journey we will be watching some great recent uploads to TMU including GregSin's most recent Western project: Cold Creek Episode 1, Part 1 of PedroSura's Scifi Western "The Immortal Gordon Blake" and a very interesting GTA movie called Aftermath by JonathonSheridan which takes serious inspiration from BladeRunner to set up a moody walk on the GTA5 side.

There will be several other additions to the lineup as the event approaches so keep an eye on this thread or the TMU Twitter feed and join us this Saturday at 4pm EST for fun, frivolity and frollicking (and some great flicks).  See you there!

3649.jpg

• Dulci, Johnny Ex and Law like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 02:11 AM

So here is the entire lineup slated to air tomorrow at 4pm EST.  Its a good one. 

The Journey Part 1 16:00 - Rene Jacobs epic western two years in the making.  This guy is easily a top 5 director in the community right now.  I am atwitter with excitement to see this!

Coffee and Brains (1:35) - New TMU user creates a flick with all the wonderful qualities of random humor that never exceeds it expiration date.

The Immortal Gordon Blake (MS) 17:20 - Western.  SciFi.  Badass.  Check Please.

When a Bell Rings 3:39 (IC) - One of the most innovative Icloners releases a belated contest entree heavy on the art house with wonderful imagery.

Cold Creek Episode 1 (IC) 18:17 - Long time Iclone vet kicks off his Horse Opera (hattip smallWstudios) 5 episode series with a colt 45 bang.

Kythars Run in with the Law (2:18) -  Lord of the underground and of deleted scenes.

Aftermath (GTA) 24:40 - Moody GTA5 take on Blade Runner.  Yea.

Ballistic (Sims3) 7:21 - NSFW.  Fascinating Assassinating.

• BiggsTrek, Johnny Ex and Law like this

#3 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:34 PM

Twas a great night with great films.  Enjoyed them all.

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#4 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:29 PM

Thanks Biggs.  I had fun too.  Wish there was a better turnout.  I advertised in the RL forums, the MS forums, the facebook page, TMU and through the TMU twitter feed.  Perhaps its a time and day issue (Saturday at 4EST) but the adverts didn't seem to generate much interest which is a shame as I agree it was fun to watch some good movies with good folks.  If anyone has any ideas on ramping up the interest level Im all ears!  This is the million dollar question eh...

#5 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:22 PM

I watch them I enjoyed the movies yes I hoping for more people when it premiered.

#6 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:07 PM

I was out of town so not able to make it this time around...

However, as far as advertising goes, it's helpful if the people whose movies are going to be screened also promo the event through social media, etc. - not sure if that did/didn't happen in this case but just a thought in response to your question.

#7 kkffoo

kkffoo

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:36 PM

We were away ccamping.

Maybe there were too many films, with several around the 20min mark?
The time commitment might have seemed too much.
I enjoyed aftermath, for instance, but I watched it on its own.

Also warmer months are always more tricky.
PC still running after clearest yeah! Now noodling with Plotagon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: movie Night, premier, live

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users