assault rifle

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Th13f

Th13f

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:40 PM

Hello, everyone. I need some help getting a pair of assault rifles in the game. I already have the 3D models, but I don't know how to get them into the game and make them into usable props with bullets, sounds, etc. Could anyone help me? Here's the files:

http://www.mediafire...om_By_Vilsu.rar

http://www.mediafire...F1_By_Vilsu.rar

I need them for a youtube series I will be making, set in a sci-fi, post-alien invasion scenario.

#2 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:05 PM

That sounds like a short order work, ill take a stab at it.

I'll let you know when they are ready soon.

Baby we were Boing to run.... 2660.jpg

#3 Th13f

Th13f

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:02 PM

Thanks. Tried my best at it, but just couldn't figure out all that stuff about pivots and stuff.

#4 Benjamin Tuttle

Benjamin Tuttle

Fruit Basket!

• Moderators
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:52 PM

Thanks. Tried my best at it, but just couldn't figure out all that stuff about pivots and stuff.

Pivots is really the last thing you should worry about. :P

It was a big mess to play with, huge in scale, and multiple pieces. It's like a bronco that keeps kicking every five seconds. 

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Moderator, Blender User, iClone filmmaker, and overall OCD guy at set dressing.

#5 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:00 AM

Here is my take on the basic assault rifle. You will need to look at the files extracted to your desktop before you start copy pasting stuff...have you ever installed mods before? I included the base ini files for the gun/riffles and you should only copy and paste what you need.

Let us know if you have any issues with them.

http://cloud.tmunder...5RP7XRYRqV5yzyl

Have fun, we did, right Ben?

#6 Th13f

Th13f

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:32 AM

Yes, I've installed mods before and even did some retexturing (needed custom military uniforms for some stuff). I've just never created any assets from scratch. Thank you for the help :D

---

EDIT: I noticed there's a couple of rifles I don't have in your ini files. Could you tell me where to download them?

p_steyraug_v01
p_steyraug_v02
p_UnionMarineRifle_v00
p_gun_4mkii
p_gun_emz2
p_umbrella_ak47
p_protongun_00

EDIT2: The texture doesn't work. In the game, the gun just displays as a matte black object.

WYwE2PC.png

#7 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:04 AM

Are the textures in your textures folder or the textures/props folder?...named as they are without the   p_   they are not recognized as props textures so they need to be in the base textures folder for the game to find them.

Hope that fixes it

As for the other guns in the ini file they are from projects i had to do a couple years back, some you could find on 8eyedbaby i think, but most are private modds.

#8 Th13f

Th13f

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:07 AM

The textures are in the E:\games\the movies\Data\textures directory. I have not renamed them, just pasted them in.

#9 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:54 AM

I'M testing this in my game, so far I seem to have the same issue, strange because it was perfect after I exported it....I will keep working on it and update the file once I find the cause of the problem.

#10 Th13f

Th13f

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:15 AM

Maybe something got corrupted, or has the wrong settings. I've looked over the .dds files and couldn't find anything, though.

#11 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:44 AM

I found out that the UV texture coordinates where being shrunk to a point during the export.

It must have been the original model's format because, like Ben did, once I got it in Blender 2.77b, resized it (that thing was huge) saved it again as an obj file, imported it back to Blender 2.49b and exported it again as a msh in the game, it was fine. I also renamed the textures so they would not conflict with Ben's

I updated the zip file. The link is the same.

http://cloud.tmunder...5RP7XRYRqV5yzyl

Just replace the files from the new archive and you should be good to go.

#12 Th13f

Th13f

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:34 AM

Thanks, it works now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users