• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WX_IVAN

WX_IVAN

Silent but violent

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:01 AM

Hey there folks!  It's been quite some time since I last made an entry on progress.  The last episode was one year ago.  There have been many changes since then. First off, it would be the last episode with Daz.  Episode 7 will be a combination of Daz generated characters and an iclone setting.  Yes, I just can't let go of all I put into Daz and I'm glad I can use it and all my sets in iclone.  Since the production of Closure, I've been constantly learning how to make better use of iclone so as to get the story out.  The sets I'm able to use in iclone is all exported over and what I can't get through Daz/Renderosity I can get from 3d warehouse.  I won't get fully into production until mid-June because I'm getting my floors tiled and I can't really get into it without the use of my computers and moving stuff around.  It's not an overnight thing and will take weeks before completion (of the floors) and I don't want to have any kind of interruption because of this necessary evil I must endure for now.  Anyways, all exported characters are looking good and I'm still waiting on just a couple of VO's from some that are on the tardy side.  If they're not in by the time I production begins, I either may have to do a workaround or look for replacements.  More to come...

12920471_10154801016902699_9026941978120[sig]/[sig]

#2 WX_IVAN

WX_IVAN

Silent but violent

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:37 AM

Okay folks, it's been a long while since my last entry on Saratoga production.  I've been pretty busy with trying to learn a bunch of free software and I hope to someday master it and make use of them all.  I've also been working at converting most of the props and characters from Daz3d to iclone. It appeared daunting at first but now it seems like I gat a handle on it.  I just realized I had a ton of stuff I bought for Daz, and most was forgotten until now.  I did wind up having to change out some of the fighter craft because there are way too many parts that when I exported them to iclone would appear as an exploded view.  There are some that wasn't so bad, but there are those like the fighter I used in Ep 1 that was way too much to deal with so the trade off has begun.  All my characters are converted from Michael 4 and Victoria 4 to genesis 2 male/female and finally converted to iclone.  Many of the sets are looking much better than when I tried using them in Daz, and I will even be able to use one of my star ship bridges.  I had to change out the command chairs because they were too small for the set and got a replacement from 3dwarehouse.  I had concluded the auditions to fill vacancies and as I wait for those VO's to be turned in, I'm working on scenes I already have VO's for.

Still gearing up for my newest series  Vulture 22 and in the midst of writing the script for Toga's 2nd season.  More to come...

• Johnny Ex likes this

#3 WX_IVAN

WX_IVAN

Silent but violent

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:04 PM

After banging my head trying to get the shot of the scene I was visualizing, I think I pulled it off. The marines were rendered as alpha channel in both Daz3d and iclone's Pop Video 3. I then put everything together in HF2017 with a city scape and sky background. Mind you, this was just a test. I still need to create the night effect.   I've also managed to put together a new opening credit video, because when I worked on episode 6, I lost my opener due to the upgrades to Apple Motion and FCP X.  Here's the new and improved version.   More to come...  1f642.png

• Law likes this

#4 WX_IVAN

WX_IVAN

Silent but violent

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:36 PM

After experiencing a few r/l setbacks, I'm trying to get back in the saddle in hopes to at least get episode 7 complete.  As this will be the first of the series episodes to be done in iclone, so bear with me... just a little while longer...  :huh:

• BiggsTrek and Law like this

#5 WX_IVAN

WX_IVAN

Silent but violent

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:50 PM

Finally received my key VO's in and resumed production.  I had to make some changes to some of the flight suits, and had to do a few redos scenes affected by these changes.  In week two of my stay-cation and things are beginning to fall into place.  

• BiggsTrek and Law like this

#6 WX_IVAN

WX_IVAN

Silent but violent

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:07 AM

I must say this episode of Saratoga will go down as the first episode of the series that has in production for the longest time ever in any of the movies I've made to date.  I've had r/l issues (health) I need to deal with for quite a time.  Not really past it, but I'm still holding on much better these days.  The other issue I've had before was the VA that went MIA on me.  It would have been easier to just cut the affected scene, but I would have done a disservice to the other VA's that did all their VO's and turned them in in a timely manner (thanks for that guys).  Not trying to rant, but all I need to say to that is if you say you're going to do VO's for someone's production-- Do It!  Not only are the directors counting on you, but the other VA's are as well.  That said, I should have the next installment complete by the end of the month, even though I'm trying to push for next weekend.  I also am midway through writing the script for season 2 of Toga and my VO director has most of all the voices lined up for Vulture 2-2 when I give the green light to begin production on that.  I just found out this morning that Black Magic Design just released version 9 of Fusion.  It's still free and the pro version now has a lower price ($299US).  I can't wait to get my hands dirty messing with that.  :D

Anyways, here is the final trailer to episode 7.  Enjoy!  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users