• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:53 PM

I'm a bit rushed this morning, so I likely missed the obvious.  But... How in heck can I add my own videos to a (newly created) playlist?  I can see where I can add other peoples videos (from my faves list) but I don't see the same option from my own Profile page.

Help?

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#2 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

When you go to the movie (any movie I believe, yours or otherwise) and mouse over the heart symbol it has an option to add to the playlist.  Make sure you are logged in.  Also there may be a lag on the update.  There are various cache time set for the pages so that may be an issue.

edit: Yea, theres definitely a cache issue.  I added 2 videos to the test playlist.  They don't show up in the playlist but when I go to my profile and click playlists it lists the movies.  Gunna wait ten minutes to see if this updates.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:28 PM

Took appx 30 minutes for the changes to show up.  I will try to set the cache timing lower when I get as chance to dive back into the backside.

#4 kkffoo

kkffoo

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:24 PM

Dive back into the backside? ooh matron!

PC still running after clearest yeah! Now noodling with Plotagon.

#5 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:14 PM

Mayhaps it would be more appropriate to say I will be playing with the fiddly bits when I get a chance....mayhaps not.

#6 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:49 AM

When you go to the movie (any movie I believe, yours or otherwise) and mouse over the heart symbol it has an option to add to the playlist.  Make sure you are logged in.  Also there may be a lag on the update.  There are various cache time set for the pages so that may be an issue.

edit: Yea, theres definitely a cache issue.  I added 2 videos to the test playlist.  They don't show up in the playlist but when I go to my profile and click playlists it lists the movies.  Gunna wait ten minutes to see if this updates.

When I hover over the heart, all I get is "Add to Favourites".  Am I not special enough?

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#7 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:04 PM

Have you created a playlist yet?  I only see my one test playlist (with zero private playlists).  You may not be able to add to other peoples playlists (you down with O.P.P.?).  I cant test this as nobody else has created a playlist yet...

#8 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:17 AM

Have you created a playlist yet?  I only see my one test playlist (with zero private playlists).  You may not be able to add to other peoples playlists (you down with O.P.P.?).  I cant test this as nobody else has created a playlist yet...

I did indeed create a playlist, but it is empty (it was going to be all my UPM movies).  http://movies.tmunde...nts-collection/

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#9 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:55 PM

Hmmm, the direct link takes me the playlist but I cannot add anything to it.  Do you not get the add to playlist option from the heart icon of the movie page?

#10 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:20 PM

I have created two public playlists (each with one movie included).  They aren't showing up on the Playlists Page yet.  

I can access your test playlist from your Profile Page, but Biggstrek's profile page shows 0 Playlists.  As far as I can tell, my profile page shows 2 Playlists.

When I hover over the Heart on a movie, I now see the option to add the movie to either of my Playlists (in addition to add to favorites or watch later).

Hope this helps.

#11 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:26 PM

Thanks dulci! I wonder if we have special privileges that come with being an American Express cardholder (or as admin people)

#12 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:45 PM

It must be something to do with your special super power statuses...

(see attached... I have only the Add To Fave option.)

[attachment=762:TMU-Grab01.jpg]

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#13 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:18 PM

OK, I got it.  I was hovering over the wrong heart, apparently.  Stupid...

GodivaBanner02.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users