The following list of mods I’d like for The Movies. Now, this isn’t really a request list, but its a list of stuff I’d like to see if its possible. And I will admit, most of it is based on pre-existing properties. Some of them may be a bit more challenging than most depending on the property and the available resources, but like I said, these are items I’m interested in seeing.
1. Farscape: I’m a long time fan of the show (I used to watch it when it aired during my years in high school and even participated in the “Save Farscape” campaign after the show was cancelled, which got us fans a mini-series wrap up, and I have some of the comic continuation), and I haven’t seen any sets, costumes, props or materials related to the show in the game, and when it comes to available resources for porting into the game (such as 3D models of the ships seen in the show), there’s not much available except for mods made for other games (for example, there is an incomplete Half-Life 2 mod that has a great recreation of the interior of Moya, the main living spacecraft in the show. There was also a Homeworld and I think a Homeworld II mod that features the ships in the game). There was even a video game adaptation of the show that came out in 2002. For fan made 3D models, most of what I found are limited to a couple of props and a couple of ships. Also found some pictures of a few character mods for a Star Wars game, but the site of the user who made them appears to not include them. Seeings props, costumes, ships and makeup based on the show would be pretty awesome.
2. Battlestar Galactica: Now, I know there’s a pack that includes a few of the ships from the rag-tag fleet (which I’ve got from themovies3d.com) and Colonial Blues outfit for women (which I snagged from 8eyedbaby) from the RIS series, but there’s some stuff that certainly seem missing, such as the Cylon Centurion from the RIS show, male versions of the regular Colonial Blues for men, Colonial Greens for both genders, spacesuits (with helmets) and even Vipers and Cylon Raiders. Honestly, out of the pack I downloaded, I’m surprised there’s not a Cylon Basestar in there (but there wasn’t). Even stuff from the TOS BSG that can be found as well.
3. Defiance: Now, the show has already gone through three seasons and the game is still going on as Free-To-Play (the only thing missing is the ability to make machinima with it). There’s a lot of items from the game that I’d lie to see for The Movies, like the Dodge Challenger and Dodge Durango, as well as several costumes, weapons and characters, regular and enemies (and possibly even some makeup/latex heads for certain species from the game, having any latex heads rigged with face bones). Even several of the locations like The Crater, Top-Notch Tool Works, Ara Shondu’s Consulate, Iron Demon Ranch and the Golden Gate Bridge (which would have to be done as a model miniature), amongst other locations in the game, all would look great for use in The Movies. Even more so, the TV show has some items that overlap, but a model miniature of the town of Defiance (complete with the St. Louis Gateway arch), as well as some of the town’s regular exterior locations such as the Darby Building, The NeedWant, the Lawkeeper’s office and the medical office would be awesome (but would require the model being built since the game doesn’t have any elements from the show with the exception of crossover missions, which often involve characters and situations that occur in both the game and show). I know it seems like it’d be impossible to get the game models, but a while ago, someone created some tools to allow for the extraction of models, sounds and textures from the game (there's even a revised version of the tools).
4. Halo: I know that there’s a rubber Master Chief head and three recolors of the space suit to make it look like they’re from Halo, but I think getting a set of Halo armor and helmets that look like they’re from the games would be possible. Weapons and vehicles, of course. Not to mention locations (possibly as model miniatures or sets).
5. Blade Runner: Honestly, I haven’t found any Blade Runner stuff, but I think it’d be nice to have some stuff. I mean, a classic like that and with several 3D models available, I’m surprised that the Spinner, Dekkard’s blaster and many other items from the film haven’t turned up as mods for The Movies.
This is just some of what’s been bouncing through my head with the possibility of more showing up. But, like I said, this is my wish list, and I know some of them may be impossible to do.