• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:09 PM

When are we going to start seeing some visual evidence of your handiwork?

• BiggsTrek likes this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:21 PM

Okay, you're right, it's past time I put up a picture or two.  So here's a promo shot for the lead character, Karagen the Barbarian:

Attached Files

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#23 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:42 PM

And another, this time it's the Merchant, Saladan:

Attached Files

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#24 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:44 AM

Quick update:  due to work commitments, which are forcing me to work longer hours and pretty much draining me, production on my film has come to a stand-still (for the moment).  A couple more weeks of this "fun" at work and I should be back to normal.  Stay tuned.

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#25 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:26 PM

Hey All!  Time for a quickie update on this project!

I inadvertently took a break due to some PC issues, and then kinda lost my way due to a lack of motivation, but in the last couple of weeks I've managed to get quite a few shots done!

Probably didn't help that I read through the script and felt it needed a little more "oomph" to it in places, so I added a scene (or portion of a scene, to be precise) and will likely add more in the future.

Still a long way to go, but I'm getting there.

Film On, as they say!

• Law likes this

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#26 Killian

Killian

...From the darkness, I return...

• Administrators
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:29 PM

Count me in if you need anything, naturally (except the role of "fluffer", of course! :P)

• BiggsTrek likes this

#27 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

I had a very annoying start to the day today.  I've been working on my movie for a while, and in particular a rather vexing scene that just wouldn't work the way I wanted.  Up until this scene, I had been coasting along nicely for several weeks, getting lots done, but when I reached this one I hit a few stumbling blocks.  Mostly it revolved around a new character being introduced that just didn't look right.

Anyway, this morning I thought I had her the way I wanted her, and the set (which really needed to match her looks) was also looking pretty good as well.  I was just in the throes of animating the main character (he's scaling a cliff face) when I noticed some weird deformations in his costume.  His shoes looked like two wet sacks hanging from his ankles, which I couldn't fix (didn't know the cause - still don't) but decided to just keep them out of sight of the camera and move on.  But then I noticed some of his other clothing was bunching weirdly in front of him.  Again it was mostly out of sight, but I realized something was going wrong.

I knew I had to do something at this point, so I saved the project and shut down iClone, just to see if that was a simple soltuion (it has worked in the past).

BIG MISTAKE!

For some innane, insane, evil, trecherous, disasterous reason, when I started iClone again and reloaded the project, I got nothing:  a completely empty scene.  No set, no characters, not a damn thing.

I can only assume that "the problem" I was having also affected the project file when I saved it, because it is now empty.  And unless there is a magical hidden back up file, then I am screwed.

I'll have to start over with this set (it was brand new, and the project file was the only copy of it) as well as the new character (I had saved her individually as I went, but not the latest incarnation, so I will pretty much have to rework her as well.)

Frustrating as all hell.

My apologies to my wife and dogs for the verbal tirade and stomping through the house this morning...

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#28 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:59 PM

Very frustrating indeed!!

• BiggsTrek likes this

#29 Law

Law

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:07 PM

That really sucks Biggs, all that work on that scene and that character gone.. computers and their programs can be a pain!

• BiggsTrek likes this

#30 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:37 AM

This has never happened to me but theoretically I suppose you could look at it as a chance to improve upon your previous failings....Heh.

I actually wish you had been able to render out this blobulous situation.  Sounds trippy.  You did remind me to not just save often but in complex scenes to often save out as a new project name so that when you get a project that will not load you can go back to a previous version...not that this has ever happened to me.  

Are you using ICv7 Biggs?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#31 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:41 AM

Thanks for the moral support, it's appreciated.

As I said over in FB, this has never happened to me before.  I've done stupid things, like accidentally overwriting a project with a new one (even during this movie!) but never have I had iClone betray me like this.  I'll definitely learn from the experience.

Another point to make is this:  with the project obviously being fairly complex, I was probably going to have issues rendering it, having had quite a few crashes in other scenes earlier on.  So, again, I can learn from this and try and avoid that as well.

Biz, I'm using iClone 6.  No iClone 7 for me.

• Law likes this

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#32 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:01 AM

That's shitty luck Biggs.. Almost makes me want to avoid making a joke about it adding an extra year to the production time

Seriously though, hope you can get back on track again soon!

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
"Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

#33 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:18 PM

That's shitty luck Biggs.. Almost makes me want to avoid making a joke about it adding an extra year to the production time

Seriously though, hope you can get back on track again soon!

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

It hasn't really added any extra time (not a lot, anyway).  I managed to re-create the scene fairly quickly and am saving a bunch of copies as I go.  iClone won't stop me!

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#34 Chris62

Chris62

• Members
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:21 PM

Iclone can be a pain sometimes I hope you get it worked out.

• BiggsTrek likes this

GCMk.jpg

#35 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:03 PM

This morning I rendered the final shot of the scene that caused me so much heartache last month. It was actually a fun scene to film (mostly combat) but has taken a lot more effort than I originally anticipated.

Having said that, the NEXT scene is even MORE ambitious! It will really be 3 scenes combined (2 combat, 1 flashback).

I'll try not to make the same mistake as last time, but you never know... Lol

Anyway, overall progress had been steady, as I work on the film pretty much every day. Hoping to maintain that for the remainder of the"shoot".

Cheers for now!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
  • Law likes this

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#36 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:21 AM

Here's a pic of the character Sister Alberta, aka 'The Priestess'.  (attached)

Attached Files

• Law likes this

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#37 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:24 PM

This is a recent shot from "Under The Shards Of Athena", with text added 'cause I like spelling out the obvious. But the point was the effect of the sword hitting the wall, which I liked enough to share.

Movie is still progressing reasonable well. A few technical hitches now and then (mostly crashes during rendering which requires a reboot to overcome.) But I'm getting close to the end. This shot is from the penultimate battle in the film.

giphy.gif

• kkffoo and Law like this

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#38 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:50 AM

Must be time for another promo shot! This time we have a wizard (what kind of fantasy film would it be without one!) - Delathrox!

Attached Files

• Law likes this

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#39 kkffoo

kkffoo

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:44 AM

Looks amazing B. I am really inspired by your determination. To keep this project going after interruptions is impressive.
  • BiggsTrek likes this
PC still running after clearest yeah! Now noodling with Plotagon.

#40 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

Here's another character!

Attached Files

• Johnny Ex and Law like this

GodivaBanner02.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users