55 replies to this topic

#41 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:57 PM

Hey All!

I know it's been AGES since my last update (sorry about that) but due to some personal emergencies this year (my father passed away, plus a tree fell on my house), production on the movie wasn't a priority for me.  However, now that the year is ending, and I had two weeks of leave to burn up, I have managed to get a bucket-load of work done on the film and am glad to announce that filming has been completed!

Now don't get too excited, as I still have to edit it, add sound and music, and (most important of all) find voice actors and re-render those scenes with dialogue.

On that note, I will be looking for volunteers to voice some roles.  Not sure which ones will be available (my wife wants one, and I'll probably voice another) but there will be at least 2 or 3 characters needing a voice.

I'll be back with more on this later.

Cheers for now!

BiggsTrek

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#42 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:18 AM

I'm super curious about your process Biggsy in that you animate without the timing of the vos?  Is this just basic setups of the scene or have you edited it down to your preliminary cut without voices (I use the switch camera function and use that for most of the editing in a basic scene).  Could you tell me about your film-making process as I find this very interesting? Really excited to hear about progress!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#43 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:50 PM

I'm super curious about your process Biggsy in that you animate without the timing of the vos?  Is this just basic setups of the scene or have you edited it down to your preliminary cut without voices (I use the switch camera function and use that for most of the editing in a basic scene).  Could you tell me about your film-making process as I find this very interesting? Really excited to hear about progress!

Hey biz,

I don't normally do this, but I used TTS (text to speech) as a means to time the scenes, but as you say, it was just a preliminary cut that I will go back and polish when I get the real lines.  I'll also then do any facial animation (beyond lip sync) at that point as well.  Doing it this way allowed to be progress without having to wait for lines (not really a big deal) but more importantly, allowed me to alter the script as I filmed without having to ask the Voice Actor to redo/add more lines.  And I've altered it a fair bit.

Honestly not sure if it is better or worse than the "normal" process, but seems to work ok for me.  (I may change my mind when I get the actual voice over lines and think "oh sh*t, I have to re-shoot the whole thing!")

:)

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#44 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:30 PM

Hello all,

Just wanted to let anyone who was interested know that this film is still being worked on, albeit slowly.  I've allowed myself to be distracted by various other fun things (work-life, home improvements, flying drones, to name a few) but still gravitate back to this film as time permits.

Right now I (finally) have all the VOs, and the film is now fully edited.  I am in the process of doing the music, which is proving to be harder than anticipated.  I would have thought I would have that part done in just a couple of weeks, but I'm really not enjoying much of the result I am getting, so it is taking me longer and longer to be happy with it.

Of course I have the sound effects to do next, which I'm sure will be challenging as well, but I'll worry about that when I get to it.

I also noticed that, when I pulled up this thread, I originally announced this movie almost exactly TWO YEARS AGO!  I had NO INTENTION of this turning into such a long term project, and honestly I'm getting a little worn out with the whole thing.

Anyway, I shall persist and get this done (aren't hobbies meant to be fun?!) so I can move on to other things.

Sorry again to my VAs and anyone else waiting to see this, but rest assured it will be done.

Cheers,

BiggsTrek

• Johnny Ex, FallenThomas, kkffoo and 1 other like this

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#45 kkffoo

kkffoo

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:09 PM

That is some epic effort Biggs!
  • BiggsTrek likes this
PC still running after clearest yeah! Now noodling with Plotagon.

#46 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 02:25 AM

In the case of my own projects I tend to push those feelings of guilt way way to the back.  Serenity now!

• BiggsTrek likes this

#47 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:07 PM

Hey again all,

Here's a quickie update for a not-so-quickie production!

I have the music all done, finally.  It came out OK.  Not brilliant, but acceptable.  Maybe I was expecting too much of myself (I'm no musician) but it really was a struggle this time around.  Anyway, as I said, it's done.  Yay!

Now I'm doing the sound effects!  So far so good.  I'm almost half done as I type, and all being well I'll be all done before I collapse in a heap and they bury me in the back yard (meaning in the next few weeks.)

Then starts promotion!  (What promotion, you ask?  None, I answer!  I hate promoting my films!)  I'll probably just upload it and hide in the corner until someone watches it and says, "Well, that was ok, but why did it take so long?" or words to that effect.)

In the meantime it's back to searching through my limited database of sound effects, and downloading all sorts of weird sounds from Freesound.org and trying to sync foot steps to sliding feet...

Cheers for today!

BiggsTrek

• Johnny Ex and Law like this

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#48 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 03:17 AM

Have you considered doing a live premier Biggs?  I'm not sure if Ken can still do those but if he can is that something you would be interested in?  I've got 2 out of 3 parts of Gentrified that could be ready in the not too distant future and we could put out feelers to see if anyone else has anything approaching the finish line.  Just a thought.  Shoot me a PM if your interested and we can try to contact Ken to see whats up with the technical side...  Im a sucker for a live premier.

• BiggsTrek, Johnny Ex and Law like this

#49 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:27 AM

Sound effects are done!  I've also gone through and done my first pass at getting all the sound levels right (with headphones on).  Need to do it again (with speakers - it makes a difference.)

Other than that, I need to add a few incidental noises (mainly character grunts, breaths, etc, just to add realism) then it'll be time for the export process.

Yay!  Almost all done!

• Johnny Ex and Law like this

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#50 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 10:03 PM

Super quick update:

I'm happy to say that the movie is (pretty much) all done!  The caveat is because I am taking the time I have available to me (due to the release of the movie being in September) to fiddle with things ever-so-slightly that I would have left alone otherwise.  Just polishing it a little.

Cheers for now!

• Johnny Ex, Benjamin Tuttle and Law like this

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#51 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 12:03 PM

With the movie being released next month, let's introduce the VO cast!

SisterAlbertaPromo02.png BarbarianPromo03.png

BarbarianPromo02.png DelathroxPromo2.png

IceMaidenPromo03.png

• Law likes this

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#52 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:17 PM

Ooh a sisch role, it’s been a long time....exciting
  • BiggsTrek and Johnny Ex like this

#53 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:46 PM

Quick and dirty trailer for the film:

https://youtu.be/_Rg6n-adlLg

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#54 kkffoo

kkffoo

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:03 PM

Looks impressive!

• BiggsTrek likes this
PC still running after clearest yeah! Now noodling with Plotagon.

#55 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 05:29 PM

Looks impressive!

Thanks, though I think the trailer could be better.

Are you coming to the Premiere on Saturday (or 2nd showing on Sunday), Kate?

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#56 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:32 PM

The world of Marisia is encircled by a glowing ring known as the 'Shards of Athena'.  Journey with Karagen, a Red Plains barbarian, as he ventures across this magical world.  His quest: to seek out his former ally, the devious Wizard Delathrox.  What people and perils will he encounter along the way?  And what awaits Karagen at his journey's end?  All will be revealed "Under the Shards of Athena"...

https://youtu.be/dHf2vzOuNDQ

GodivaBanner02.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users