"THE MOVIES: Still Great a Decade On"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tigereyes

Tigereyes

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:04 PM

Saw this article and thought it might be of interest to the community.

Happy trails, my friends.

• Johnny Ex, Rocco and Law like this

#2 TehPoptartKid

TehPoptartKid

2+2= Fish!

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:00 AM

Man, I fucking love the last line. It makes me so giddy.

"So, I'm creating a Call to Action: EA / Maxis (because of their involvement on The Sims) or any other Big-Name Developer interested, please buy the rights to The Movies from Microsoft and do something with it."

Here's hoping some big developer finds this article, and makes a sequel.

• Johnny Ex, Tigereyes and Law like this

#3 skarsten

skarsten

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:11 PM

Eh.  The article didn't really say anything about the game or why they thought it was great.  And having been in the industry myself, the odds of that last line actually happening is pretty much nil.  It's nice that people still appreciate the game (I'm still using it, it's fantastic despite its limitations) enough to give it lip service, but I think that the industry's moved on.  iClone seems to be the new shiny these days, with MovieStorm puffing along behind and Muvizu/Plotagon wheezing in the rear.

Modern Marvels Entertainment on the YouTubes

Hitfilm Tutorials and other VFX stuff

#4 Harb40

Harb40

When will it get better?

• Members
  • 2,179 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:29 AM

I am still a huge fan of TM.  I even bought it for a friend's daughter to help release her creative side.  She didn't use it that much but it helped her find what she really wanted to do.

I still say in the right hands TM is just as good as any of the other 'tools' we have even with it's limitations.  Hell, I have 2 copies of both the original program and the S&E expansion just in case my original discs get damaged.  I have always hoped that a TM2 sequel would appear but never once held my breathe waiting.  Would be nice though.  Still holding out hope that someone in our modding community can convince Microsoft to release the codes so they can make new animations and bring this tool to the front once again.

The Passion Competition is now on Facebook.  Like our page.

#5 Beowulf71

Beowulf71

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:53 AM

I'm pretty sure TM2 won't ever happen, but I think it would be awesome if it did.  It would certainly be more affordable, easier to use and probably more beautiful then any other machinima program available.  Sure they would probably milk the consumers with DLCs, but that's the way it is these days...

I think the most powerful thing you could use to make machinima is probably blender, you can use so many models you can find on the net or even make your own, rig them yourself, animate them...  It sure would be long to do, but the result could be spectacular, just watch any of the short movies made by the blender foundation, the quality is awesome.  The other machinima softwares available don't even come close to what can be achieve with blender and it's free.

• lefty2000 likes this
“I am the ripper, the tearer, the slasher. I am the teeth in the darkness! The talons in the night! My name is strength! And lust! And power! I am BEOWULF!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users