Make a movie contest

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:25 PM

This idea that just popped in my head, why don't we have a object contest basicy each month you will be given object of choice and have to make movie based on that object like a machine, flower, ect,  and will end at the end of the month, then the winner will chose the next object of choice for the next month and so for

Here how it will work

1.You have theme of your choice or object like make story about shirts,

2.Everyone must come up with movie about shirts

3.You can not enter more than once each month.

4.When that person wins the month it will be their job to come up with new object or theme to do for that month.

5,The winner will not be allowed to enter the contest they created so we don't have duplicate movies by the same creator. 

6.This event is more of an ongoing event to encourage people to make movies, not necessarily prizes but have you can chose the object or theme you like to see movie makers to make

7.If the object is TV or something like that then you will need to put what gerne or theme you want in whether it be musical, syfy, action, adventure etc. 

8.You must always have new object or theme ready, you cannot use previous ones

9.Each contest will last one month.

10.The judges will be based on the winner of the previous month and they will chose the next winner which will become the judge to another month and so forth.

11.Length lets keep at about 5-10min 10min being the max.

12.The winner of each one will get his or her movie posted on social media for more publicly for TMU and it community.

I just need thoughts by you of you think of this idea.

#2 Harb40

Harb40

When will it get better?

• Members
  • 2,179 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:00 AM

I like the concept but if the deadline is the end of the month that means you would have to have all the judging done within 2 days and the winner notified so the new theme could be posted no later than the 2nd or 3rd of the month in order to have a full month to make and enter.   Makes for a very tight time frame.  I think every other month would fit this better.

The other option would be to have a theme ready for the 2nd month and then the winner of the 1st month pick the theme for the 3rd month, winner of the 2nd pick for the 4th and on and on.

Another consideration, many do not being judges (I have found that out doing many years of contests).  You might not be able to get the winner to judge the next month.  Just something to keep in mind.

The Passion Competition is now on Facebook.  Like our page.

#3 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:26 PM

This what I wanted to do have the winner chose the next theme and he or she could chose the movie they think is the best then the winner of that month can do so for the next month.

I do see what you mean by having every evey other month . I like your idea their where we have theme preapaed for each winner for the 3rd month and so forth, this what I was going for

#4 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:57 PM

I want to announce another side project that I doing using with Muvizu called TMU Promo and I think this will be the theme for November is find a creative way to promote TMU you will have till the end of November and the rules are listed about winners will be announced on Dec. 17. 

I m only entering to help you get started but  I cant win the contest.

tmu_promo_pic_1.png

Tmu_promo_pic_2.png

• Johnny Ex likes this

#5 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:37 PM

plus I added a new rule above the winner of each month will get their movie posted on social media, this to give tmu more publicly while giving something extra to the winner.

Still hard at work at the TMU promo no release date yet can't wait see what you guys/gals comes come up with. :)

• Johnny Ex likes this

#6 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:34 PM

Sorry for the delay but I gonna extend this movie contest till the end of December and pick our winners in Jan. this will give you guys some more time to get those promos out there and I may have my promo up this week sometime. 

#7 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:24 AM

I can officially announce this contest is for the month of January,

You are to create a trailer for TMU site and what it is all about, I cannot win the competition but the winner will get their video uploaded to various social media sites.

The winner will be announced in February sometime

The winner will get to choose the next theme when we have it again, plus if you need a list of rules read about on my first post.

here a link to get things started http://movies.tmunde...watch/tmu-promo

I hope to see everyone creations soon.

The deadline is January 31.

• Law likes this

#8 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:25 PM

oh please post you TMU promo videos only on the tmu site. Thanks

also this event may only be every third month so for those who want to do an event another month they can do so.

#9 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:03 PM

you have 2 weeks till the deadline lets see some those tmu promos

#10 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:54 PM

You have till next Tuesday to get those TMU promos in, I will be reviewing them and picking the best of the best, plus I m checking the movies site every day to see if there are any. 

#11 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:12 PM

Well I can officially say this was flop. Though the delays did not help and probably hurt me but it was worth a try. The only person who came close to what I wanted was Nahton who did the family tree so I give him the reward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users