• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:35 PM

Are you familiar with hot chicken? It's the searingly spicy fried chicken and pickles sensation that's sweeping the culinary world off its feet. After reading this real solid take on it (https://theringer.co...4dda#.v8n86fqhk) I want me some hot chicken (regular spicy, I ain't crazy) but alas I am a long ways away (it's a Nashville treat). Therefore I was wondering if ken and/or Monk might make the journey to Nashville and provide a vicarious experience to the rest of us hoi polloi.

Eh?

P.S. I love the Bordain tweet about "hot chicken is a three day commitment".

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,217 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:48 PM

I can put the request to Monk. Though he doesn't seem to be a fan of spicy food. When we're eating at my fave Thai restaurant, I'm sweating, my nose is running, and my throat is intermittently closing up, while he eats something that maybe makes his nose run a little bit.... 

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#3 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:14 AM

I've been on a hot chicken vigil lately.  Me and a friend locked onto a shitty hole in the wall joint (the commissioner) with terrible clientele but surprisingly deft bartenders that sells a wonderful batch of crazy spicy tenders on white bread with pickles.  Its really a wet sweet sauce that melts your tongue and needs a white sauce and fries and makes the medicine go down.  Really good sandwich in the strangest of places as everything else we've eaten there kinda sucked.  Alas on the hunt for more popular spicy chicken joints we went to Peaches Hothouse; a tiny joint kinda far away with a rep for southern cooking and spice.  This chicken (I ordered the chicken plate instead of the sandwich..a mistake) was painful.  Dry and very well cooked fried chicken with a ball searing powder on top.  It was good.  I sweated bullets.  Still I liked my previous experience much better.  I did enjoy ladies who brought their own fans into Peaches Hothouse to attempt to forfeit the sweat.  I also visited Fuku which is near my workplace.  They focus on the chicken sandwich with only 10-12 things on the menu and an essence of korea.  Its really well priced, wonderfully fried, but not very spicy (though they call themselves a spicy chicken joint).  Still...this is a workplace afternoon winner.

• Johnny Ex likes this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users