5 replies to this topic

#1 Harb40

Harb40

When will it get better?

• Members
  • 2,179 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:56 AM

While getting settled after my big move cross country I decided to game a little with something new.  I purchased No Man's Sky for the PC.  Had a few problems getting it to run on my system (seems the creators are having a problem with Intel and Nvidia) but finally got it to run good.

My first planet was pretty cool with lots of fauna and flora, many shelters and outposts and other interesting places.  I decided to move on as soon as I got everything I needed to go to warp.

The first system I come to I decided to have a little fun.  I gave it a TMU theme.  The system is now call ed the Film Makers System.  I started naming planets, plants, animals and locations after different TMU related things like people (not exact names all the time but a play on them in some cases) and other TMU related names.

So, if your in the neighborhood (the universe in this game is huge so you may play for 20 years and never find me) stop by one of my planets.

• BiggsTrek and kkffoo like this

The Passion Competition is now on Facebook.  Like our page.

#2 Harb40

Harb40

When will it get better?

• Members
  • 2,179 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 05 September 2016 - 01:23 AM

Finally found a lifeform that would attack me.  Took 5 planets but an insect type creature twice my size tried eating me.

#3 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 02:29 AM

Has it become redundant yet Harb or have you managed to keep it spicy?  Im likely getting a PS4 in the next few months and this one is on my radar but Ive heard it lacks  a bit after the initial amazingly open world environment wears off.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Harb40

Harb40

When will it get better?

• Members
  • 2,179 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:00 AM

It can become a bit redundant having to buy and sell, search and find, general exploring but if you like seeing some amazing scenery and graphics it is worth it.  If you are looking for a deeply immersed space war type game then it is not worth it but in the right hands I could see this being used to make some pretty cool videos.  Getting creatures to cooperate in a way to make a tv show like Star Trek, I don't see that but for some off the wall, innovative and possibly ingenious stories, possible.

The one nice thing about this is if you enable cheats for one game session, they do not carry over but have to be reentered every time you play (same as most games but do not effect scores or saves) so you can vary your experience depending on how you play.  The mods are getting pretty in depth also.  There are some that make the game very hard to play (sort of like ninja master mode) so your level of play is dependent on how far you want to take the mods.

• Johnny Ex likes this

#5 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:36 AM

Interesting as my son allows me to watch his exploration.....
Not aware of cheats or what they do not do we wanna.
That said, I've really enjoyed this title even if there's sometimes gruelling monotony.
Literally billions of things to discover, and that's what makes this thing groundbreaking.
Not for everyone, but on the other hand I'm an Animal Crossing fan so get bent.
No man's sky.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#6 Harb40

Harb40

When will it get better?

• Members
  • 2,179 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:27 PM

Not aware of cheats or what they do not do we wanna.

Playing either with or without the cheats (a trainer) is fun.  Most of the cheats can be pushed to the side but the ones for movement (especially the jetpack) can come in handy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users