[OPEN] Casting call for sci-fi series with The Movies

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ftoons

ftoons

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:42 PM

Almost a year ago I started making a machinima series with 'The Movies', loosely adaptating the video game 'Gemini Rue', by Wadget Eye Games. It is just fan-fiction, and it's not licensed. The original series is in Spanish (my mother tongue), and I was looking for English voice actors in order to make an English version.

So far, three episodes have been done. Fourth episode is currently being filmed, and then fifth and sixth (final) episode will follow.

For the moment I will just look for voice actors for the first episode. Once we finish it, I'll start looking for actors for the second episode, etc.

FIRST EPISODE
This is the original episode, in Spanish. I have translated the script to English, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqjXWw3d5dQ

CHARACTERS

Matthius Ward. The protagonist of this story, a man with no past who is looking after his missing brother. Lead role
Abe. Matthius's partner in his journey, he talks to him through a radio transmissor. Lead role
Epsilon-Five. An inmate in a rehabilitation centre. Helps Matthius' brother. Supporting role
Christopher. Another inmate in the rehabilitation centre. Supporting role
Hayley. An inmate in a rehabilitation centre. Helps Matthius' brother. Supporting role
The Director. Main antagonist. Director of the rehabilitation centre, he always speaks through the radio, and has mysterious and menacing plans for Matthius' brother. Supporting role

EXTRAS
A.I. Computer female voice
Street vendor
Scientist #1 (male)
Scientist #2 (male)
Thug #1

------------------------------------

Audition lines

Matthius Ward (40s, dark, mysterious, haunted, typical noir film detective with a dark past)
He is trying to change who he is, something that I couldn't do. If I could help him do that... maybe... maybe I can live with myself.
Abe (30s, neutral, younger, serious)
Then why not kill him now? He doesn't know who we are. I don't know who he is. He's not the same person as before. All his memories, his past, his emotions... they don't exist anymore.
Epsilon-Five (20s, innocent, scared)
We have to get out of here before the director... I know you don't remember anything... but you have to trust me. You took care of me when I got here, and now it's my turn to take care of you.
Hayley (30s, neutral, adult, serious)
They wipe your brain when you get in, and they wipe your brain when you go out. I don't know about you, but I'm not ready to lose my identity again, after already losing it once.
The Director (30-40s, menacing, intimidating, adult, ironic)
I really, really, don't understand why you have to put me in this... frustrating position to have to recondition you all over again. Do you realize how far you've set back your training?

Please, send your voice tests in a PM.

I hope you find this project interesting. I've spent many hours filming this one. Thanks for your time.
-L

#2 Law

Law

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:12 AM

I'm sick at the moment, but with a little medicating I could perhaps provide a voice for one of the extras. Specifically the street vendor, it's always been my dream to play a street vendor.

#3 Harb40

Harb40

When will it get better?

• Members
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:39 AM

It would be nice if you gave some audition lines and some direction on the voice (intense, mad, shy, scared, etc), how big the roles are (number of lines) and ages.

The Passion Competition is now on Facebook.  Like our page.

#4 ftoons

ftoons

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:20 AM

It would be nice if you gave some audition lines and some direction on the voice (intense, mad, shy, scared, etc), how big the roles are (number of lines) and ages.

Alright, I added some more info :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users