Where is TMU headed?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:00 AM

Their something sad to say and you probably feel it too. I really like this community and excellent place to share new movie ideas and original ideas but I have been seeing less and less people here on the forums, movies being uploaded. It may be me but I think when The Movies game did come out there was no other outlet to make movies, this lead to a lot of people who had no access to movie creation before more available to the average user, as time has gone on other communities started to get on this trend and people started moving on to other communities but I also think another factor is in this and that movie production has gotten too intense meaning now it takes 5 years to make 1 14min video then make 5min video  way back then. 

I think we need to release quality but quick videos for little bit, forget about big production and have fun with your videos. Now I m not saying pushing the boundaries not out of the question and is good once in awhile  to make very good quailty movie but I think we need to return to short movies that are quick and fun to do because maybe we ve become lost in our production that taking so long that we forgot what means to have fun again. 

One example is RPO no voices contest seems to suggest that as well when we saw all those videos up.

what are your thoughts

#2 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:46 AM

There's still a small dedicated community out there, just unfortunately not a lot of activity on the forums here. I'm in a Skype group with five other members from here and their machinima projects are mentioned on a daily basis. There are also a couple of TMU/machinima groups on Facebook that see plenty of activity.

I'm not sure if that will change going forward if I'm honest. Skype and the FB groups are easy for me to check on a daily basis from my phone but Tapatalk doesn't give me notifications from here so I need to remember to keep checking the site for updates (and then not everything that's posted is something I want to comment on).

I agree a contest or event would be a welcome distraction. I also agree with your comment about things getting too serious/professional. Maybe arranging something with say a 10 minute time limit would inspire people to make something whilst not getting too ambitious.

• Law likes this
"Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

#3 kkffoo

kkffoo

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:41 PM

I think we need another beginner level software offering, to re-energise the whole community. So much has changed since TMU was founded, and reading MAC's comments above I recognise that social media is just easier to keep track of.

• Johnny Ex likes this
PC still running after clearest yeah! Now noodling with Plotagon.

#4 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,728 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:20 PM

Agreed.
AND I think we do need a contest/event with a short run time, something easy that anyone on any level of experience can join in on.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk
  • kkffoo likes this
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users