• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Law

Law

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:40 PM

With help from Macwemyss and this tutorial I was able to install and run The Movies S&E on my Windows 10 laptop, it doesn't even need the disc to run the game (you do still need the discs to install it though) but I keep it in there anyways, just in case not using the disc causes some problems down the line.

For the most part it works perfectly, but I can't seem to put Mods into it, which defeats the purpose of switch over from using my desktop to my laptop. Mac didn't have the same problem and didn't know why I would be. And from what I could see nobody else had this problem in the comments of the tutorial video I linked over yonder, no telling if some of these people just wanted to play the game because they remembered seeing it at Best Buy back in '05, or if they even knew anything about modding, so as far I can tell this problem is unique to me (figures..)

Tried copying the files individually from the mod's data folder to Lionhead Studios Ltd data folder when I'm supposed, instead of doing the entire folder at once, but that didn't work. I haven't started a new game on this computer (did use registry editor unlock all sandbox decades though) maybe I have to make some progress in the story mode for it to work, not likely but it's always a possibility. Maybe I have to install the other cracked.exe that doesn't allow the game to run without the disc, I don't know if that'd help, but it's worth a shot.

If anybody has a suggestion on what might help, or knows if modding make work differently on Windows 10, please let me know either on this post or in a PM.

Curse you Windows 10 for not being compatible with The Movies!

#2 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:01 AM

From what I know of the way Win 10 does things, it is a good idea to run the game from a shortcut of the cracked .exe file and go to the properties and run it as an admin with read and write privileges enabled. The modds are added the same way as on Win7. That is the way the game reads them and I can't see any indication it should change for Win10.

• Law likes this

Baby we were Boing to run.... 2660.jpg

#3 Law

Law

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:38 AM

I've been running as an administrator, but I'm not sure if I have read and write privileges enabled, I'll see to that and see if it solves the issue. Thank you for your help Mike!

#4 STXFilms

STXFilms

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:21 AM

Do you get an error message from Windows when you try to install the mods or are they just not showing up in game?

Nick

"A Blue Butterfly Picture"

#5 Law

Law

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:08 PM

Do you get an error message from Windows when you try to install the mods or are they just not showing up in game?

Nah, they just aren't showing up in game. Just woke up, so I haven't tried looking into Mike's suggestion yet. About to do that now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users