Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Escape Plan Production Thread

escape plan macwemyss bentuttle90 prison series the movies pilot production thread work in progress joster285 comedy

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Law

Law

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:41 PM

Looking great Mac, your higher resolution techniques are really paying off nicely as these screenshots show (accidentally typed "screenshits" just now lol) I'm really excited for this to come out! Hope you can get that last scene filmed tomorrow without TM crashing on you.

#22 TehPoptartKid

TehPoptartKid

2+2= Fish!

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:23 PM

Those screenshots look great, Mac. I look forward to watching the first episode of Escape Plan.

#23 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:38 PM

So I finally managed to get the game to stop crashing by just exporting the shot in question and then deleting it in-game.. seemed there were too many tree props that were causing it to overload.

Anyway, back to work on that final scene!

Here's the shot by the way, if anyone's interested:

• kkffoo and Law like this
"Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

#24 Law

Law

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:13 PM

Too many tree props, huh? Well the shot looks nice! Glad you fixed the issue, eagerly awaiting more updates.

#25 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

Couldn't see the forest for the trees eh.

• Law likes this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#26 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:52 PM

We gots a new update!

After sorting out those issues I was having with The Movies crashing all the time, I did manage to push on and finish initial filming. Today I was able to edit and export my first completed scene, as it only needed me and Ben's voiceovers. That's almost 3 minutes right there, and after seeing how that turned out I'm super excited to get to work on the rest.

I'm thinking of potentially posting one or two short scenes in here as I go forward but I'm not sure if it's worth doing that or if I should just release everything when it's finished (I've seen some people overdo it with teasers and end up not leaving any surprises for the finished movie so I know it can be annoying). What do you guys think?

Anyway to finish up, this will actually be the last lot of screenshots I'll post in here so enjoy and I'll see you in the next update!

TMod3pb.jpg

tKPQ6Rj.jpg
A first look at Warden White, played by Ken (funnily enough)

UIBTzQU.jpg
Officer Gerry Bones, played by JohnnyEx

xRvXfSe.jpg

• kkffoo and Law like this

#27 Law

Law

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:16 AM

Awesome, looking really good! Either a couple short scenes or maybe a short teaser trailer would be cool to get us even more excited for the first episode. Looking forward to it more and more with each update! :)

#28 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:31 AM

I tend to feel there's always a way to organically release promo materials before the feature that ramps up the excitement.  I liked how Bezzer released those news clips and public notification shorts before After the Dead.  I seriously doubt your going to overdo it either way Mac.  If anything I think you've under-promoted/under-sold your work in the past.  The more the merrier!

• Law likes this

#29 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:33 PM

Okay, new update. This time something I haven't done in a little while (in fact I'm not sure I've ever done it)..

So basically there are a few small one off parts in episode 1 that I had intended to just voice myself.. but the more I think about it the more I reckon it would be great to have some more voices from the community take part and make this more of a group effort.

So if anyone has any interest in playing a small one off role in Escape Plan, let me know! Here are the roles available for episode 1:

ROLE: INTERCOM VOICE (Role now taken by Law)
Description: Voice only, no physical appearance in the movie. Can be any age or gender as long as you can sound convincingly like an adult who would be working in a bank. If you need context, Cooper has just buzzed a side door to get into the bank posing as an exterminator and you're answering over the intercom.
Lines: 2
AUDITION LINE: (grumpy, tired) Yeah, what do you want? (long pause, then sighs loudly) Fiiine...

ROLE: WALKIE-TALKIE VOICE (Role now taken by Law)
Description: Voice only, no physical appearance in the movie. Can be any age or gender as long as you can sound convincingly like an adult who would be working in a bank. This could actually be the same person as the Intercom Voice if you want.
Lines: 4
AUDITION LINE: Hey, you alright down there? You’ve been gone for a while, lemme know if you need some help, over.

ROLE: BANK EMPLOYEE (Role now taken by Biggstrek)
Description: Male, 30-40ish, a cowardly yes man.. kind of an annoying puppy type character, you know that one guy who's overly enthusiastic about their job and won't leave you alone? Yeah, that guy.. Also needs to be able to do a really loud, ridiculously obnoxious laugh.
Lines: 8
AUDITION LINE 1: Shit shit shit! Please, don’t hurt me Burt Reynolds! I just work here, I don’t wanna die!
AUDITION LINE 2: Yeah... (pause) This is all some elaborate prank, isn’t it? (laughs uproariously) Haha, great job, you almost had me there, Coops! You were close, but not quite close enough!

ROLE: POLICE CHIEF
Description: Male, 40-50ish, needs to be able to shout convincingly.
Lines: 2
AUDITION LINES: - (screaming) Put your hands up motherfucker!!!     - (shouting) Don't try anything or I swear I will break you boy!!

ROLE: POLICE OFFICER
Description: Male, mid-20s onwards, also needs to be able to shout convincingly.
Lines: 1
AUDITION LINE: (shouting) Put your hands behind your back and turn around, maggot!!

ROLE: EXTERMINATOR 1 (Role now taken by Bezzer)
Description: Male, any age.
AUDITION LINE: An opportunity to have some fun and be creative here.. basically the character is on the phone for the duration of a 1-2 minute scene in the background and I need someone to just record themselves having an absolute nonsense conversation. Maybe he's having some argument with his wife, maybe he's trying to book an appointment to go camel riding.. it's up to you, have fun with it.. the weirder the better :P

ROLE: EXTERMINATOR 2
Description: Male, any age.
AUDITION LINE: Another fun one.. basically I need a long, dramatic death noise from being strangled to death, which should last around
5-6 seconds. Extra points if you can manage to fit a Wilhelm scream in there ;)

And that's it for now... there will be more roles up for grabs in future episodes though. If you want to audition, send files preferably in wav format by email to macwemyss@live.co.uk or via Skype (my username is macwemyss08).

Have fun! :D

• Law likes this

#30 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:33 PM

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#31 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:36 PM

Thanks Biggs! (anything more to that? :P)

#32 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:49 PM

Sorry, was trying to remove a post but couldn't fathom how (was not at my best this morning.)

I was going to offer to do a role, but couldn't decide which one I'd prefer to audition for.   Open to suggestions...

:)

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#33 kkffoo

kkffoo

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:57 AM

Thanks Biggs! (anything more to that? :P)

that was him tapping his pen on his desk :-)
  • BiggsTrek and macwemyss like this
PC still running after clearest yeah! Now noodling with Plotagon.

#34 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

Sorry, was trying to remove a post but couldn't fathom how (was not at my best this morning.)

I was going to offer to do a role, but couldn't decide which one I'd prefer to audition for.   Open to suggestions...

:)

What do you say to the role of Bank Employee? No need for an audition, if you're interested I'll just send you the lines as I think you'd be perfect for it :P

#35 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:44 AM

I can do a role if you got anything in mind (or left over) or I can be quiet and sit in the corner muttering to myself....!

#36 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

What do you say to the role of Bank Employee? No need for an audition, if you're interested I'll just send you the lines as I think you'd be perfect for it :P

Sounds good, sign me up!  (biggstrek @ gmail . com)

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#37 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

I can do a role if you got anything in mind (or left over) or I can be quiet and sit in the corner muttering to myself....!

Well, I don't think the foul-mouthed cops would be a great example to set for Kid Millions (plus I'm actually thinking of just cutting the cops' lines out) but you could always have a bash at the dramatic death scream if you like? I'll have more parts in the next episode when I get round to it so you'd definitely be in mind for something more substantial there ;)

#38 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:46 PM

Ok look me up next round. Death screams are hard to pull off in the city. Cops come by and then I gotta make silly excuses for all the bodi.....never mind.

#39 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:26 PM

So, I've been editing a good bit recently and in total I have around 8-9 minutes of finished footage. So maybe now is a good time to release a short scene to give a little glimpse into what Escape Plan is about:

Featuring Bentuttle90 as Cooper and joster295 as Harold - in the finished film Bezzer will be playing the guy on the phone :)

• BiggsTrek and Law like this

#40 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:03 PM

Ok, just keeping up my plan of giving some kind of update every week or so.. here's another short scene from the pilot episode!

I hope you guys are looking forward to seeing more - it's been a lot more work than I expected but I'm enjoying putting in all this effort into making sure every aspect of the production is the best I can make it.

I recently received some awesome lines from Biggstrek, who's playing the bank employee, so in the next few days I'll get to work lip-syncing those and getting his scenes exported. Then once I've edited them I'll be down to the last scene or so, as I already exported a good chunk of the end of the film before I got Joe's lines.

Until next time!

• BiggsTrek and Law like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: escape plan, macwemyss, bentuttle90, prison series, the movies, pilot, production thread, work in progress, joster285, comedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users