• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:40 AM

Actually I don't know how extravaganzical it will be, since my co-hosts are now all old men, who can hardly get through more than a few hours without a nap or at least another bowl of oatmeal....it all disgusts me, but somebody has to keep them from dozing in front of a computer screen in a puddle of their own urine.

I guess that somebody is me.

We're shooting for around five hours - a sad shadow of the 24 hour shows we used to do, but considering paragraph 1 of this post, I think five hours is as much as I can ask from the over-the-hill gang.

Hour 1 will be the usual introductory, self-congratulatory BS you know and love, with Roger laughing, Monk sighing, groaning and complaining, and me trying to keep things moving forward in a semi-coherent way.

Hour 2 will be a look back, a look forward, and a look inside. I'll probably be doing much of the talking, while the others make witty comments in the chat room while catching up on Facebook or whatever...

Hours 3 and 4 will involve guests. Names to come once I've blackmailed and booked them.

Hour 5 will be our annual Oscars predictions. RPoshard will join us, he and I will talk about the movies, Monk will pop in for the couple of films he's seen, Roger will laugh and make comments based on his rich fantasy life and what he thinks about movies he hasn't seen.

And then I'll put them all back in their stasis tubes till next year.

It begins, as promised in the post title, on February 19 2017 at 2 pm Eastern, 1 pm Central, 11 am Pacific, 7 pm in the UK, 8 pm in the UK's estranged buddy, the EU, 8 am Monday in Eastern Australia, 5 am Monday in Western Australia, and other times in other places.

You can hear it all by clicking on the Radio tab at the top of the forum pages, and if you'd like to participate in the stomach-churning fun of the chat room, just leave the radio tab open in your browser or mobile phone or whatever the hell you're using and click on the chat tab. It's all so simple.

More as it becomes available - we may even do some video nonsense depending on how much time I have to figure it out in the next week or so. Or maybe not. If you are able to see them, it means that I have to see them, and I'm not sure I can handle five hours of that. But maybe.

Ken

• Johnny Ex, macwemyss, WX_IVAN and 2 others like this

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#2 Law

Law

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:22 AM

Cool! I will definitely be listening in for most, if not all of this broadcast. :)

#3 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:39 PM

Ken, you're alive!

Actually I didn't mean to sound quite so surprised about that...

Looking forward to this though :)

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
"Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

#4 TehPoptartKid

TehPoptartKid

2+2= Fish!

• Members
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:33 AM

Sounds cool, Ken. Looking forward to it. :)

#5 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:50 AM

God damn it!   Ken, your alive.  Well, I will listen in for more information about your in...on....soon to be..demise.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Harb40

Harb40

Moving can be a royal pain in the ass.

• Members
  • 2,157 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:29 AM

Now that I am unemployed again I just might be able to make it.

The Passion Competition will be back in 2017.

#7 Carver

Carver

Pusher Man

• Moderators
  • 472 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:14 PM

I had forgotten the anniversary was coming up! Can't wait for the juicy details in hour 2. 

#8 rposhard

rposhard

I am the Wogglebug (choo choo ka-choo)

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:08 PM

This is insane! I swear it seems like these anniversary shows are happening every year anymore.

Looking forward to doing my predictions. I think it helps people to get through the monotony of the broadcast if they can laugh and say "RPO was wrong...again!"

Posted ImageListen to CEREBUS THE AARDVARK Sundays on TMOA! Second Season scripts 100% complete! Check out the Casting Call Thread HERE!

#9 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:05 PM

Looking forward to this tomorrow! Any word on what guests we can expect Ken? :)

#10 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:47 PM

Looking forward to this tomorrow! Any word on what guests we can expect Ken? :)

As a matter of fact, we can expect Skarsten in the first guest hour and Biz in the second - maybe others, but they're set.

• Law likes this

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#11 themonk

themonk

The One The Only themonk

• Administrators
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:08 PM

Who you callin' OLD!!!   Why it was only last week we were discussing who would be pissing on who's grave? 

Yeah, that's right... Cancer-man and Heart-boy......

I will be there, ponderously holding up my part of the show, all the while knowing that if I didn't, Ken would be trying to trundle himself up the hill to make me put on the mic...  Listening to him wheeze and cough after all that overexertion might be fun.....

Oh, wait, he has a car....

#12 Rocco

Rocco

BRONXBROTHERS

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

spongebob.png_zpsblqa5ytk.jpeg

&

monki2_zpscaoh8pjs.jpg

"Sometimes...the world makes sense"

#13 EthanRunt

EthanRunt

The Last Living Zombie

• Members
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:47 PM

Nothing could possibly go wrong in this extravaganza for the ages, Cecil B. Demille couldn't pull off a show as great as this, P. T. Barnham didn't know spectacle like Ken, Roger and Monk, why even our golden overlord of 2017 wouldn't know how to construct such a show of force, fun and fantastical extravagance as The TMOA 11th Anniversary Lifetime Experience Of A Lifetime Of Experiences!

Name: Ethan Runt
But you might also know me as The Lord Lady Mangold or Ronald Sierra McTubsicold.

#14 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:07 PM

And our preshow music will be from an album called, simply, Gumby...

It features everyone from Dweezil and Moon Unit Zappa to Sly & Robbie and Frank Sinatra Jr. singing odes to Gumby.

Do the youngsters even know who Gumby is? Do people from other lands know? Do I care? Are all of these questions rhetorical?

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#15 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:08 PM

Sorry I missed it - unfortunately I was out of town that weekend or I would have definitely been glued to my seat!

#16 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:04 AM

Good to see you around Dulci! Most of the stream was spent listening to Roger give details of his many health problems, but there were some fun moments

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
  • sexymaria likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users