Photo
- - - - -

FESTER - Psychological Horror Film Production Thread

fester psychological horror thriller fallenthomas production thread casting call

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FallenThomas

FallenThomas

Señor Member

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, US

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:31 AM

FESTER

a new film by FallenThomas

Hello, TMU community! After years of inactivity, I'm back to playing my favorite game of all time: The Movies. Machinima has evolved greatly from the time I began back in 2007. Since then, I've used my experience playing this wonderful game to influence my live-action cinema, which you can view here. Now, I'm working a new job as an instructional aid at a local elementary school and I find my creativity flourishing more than ever!

In my free time, I've been scripting FESTER, a psychological horror film in the vein of FALLING RAIN and my lesser-known experiment A BURNED MIND. I love to explore the depths of the human psyche in ways that can only be communicated through narrative film. Unlike Falling Rain, this film has dialogue and a full cast. Although I haven't got a cast in line, I will be messaging people I've worked with before to see if they would like to collaborate on this project. Again, this is just a creative exercise, but I'm incredibly proud of the rough draft of my script.

I've only just begun on the Advanced Movie Making process in-game, but I will post screenshots as the scenes develop. I'm hoping to really blow some minds with this film. It borrows heavily from such cinematic works as Memories of MurderShutter Island, Mulholland Drive, and The Wailing.

SYNOPSIS: Leigh Wells is a detective in Sun Valley investigating the murders of three women, all of whom were strangled to death with no witnesses. The mystery unfolds as the police force discover that the killer bears a striking resemblance to Leigh, who denies any connection to the murders. The guilt and trepidation of this resemblance bears heavily on Leigh as he begins having suicidal nightmares surrounding the victims.

Hope you're all excited for this one! Here's a poster for the film:

ZK7mOmb.jpg

More news to come!

• macwemyss, kkffoo and Law like this

gMO3CNQ.pngdgdqJf2.png

#2 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:06 AM

Good to hear you're back working on something new! Looking forward to seeing more :)

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
"Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

#3 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:47 AM

Very exciting FT!  Cant wait to hear more about it.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Law

Law

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:39 AM

Awesome, I loved Falling Rain, so I'm looking forward to this! Sounds like a good plot, and I like the poster! At first I thought the arm was coming from a hole in the wall (sort of a "Glory Hole of Death") but then I realized it was a mirror, very cool. Look forward to more updates and screenshots! :D

#5 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:54 AM

...sort of a "Glory Hole of Death"

I love that Band!

• Law likes this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 TehPoptartKid

TehPoptartKid

2+2= Fish!

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:05 AM

Diving into the human psyche is an interesting thing. I'm also really interested in mind bending movies, like Mulholland Drive and Eraserhead for example. Your synopsis sounds really cool, and I really love that poster. If you need a hand with voice overs, I'm here.

#7 kkffoo

kkffoo

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:56 AM

Sounds interesting, and good to hear that the creative juices are flowing again!
PC still running after clearest yeah! Now noodling with Plotagon.

#8 FallenThomas

FallenThomas

Señor Member

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, US

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:43 AM

Well, this sucks...

My game is crashing every time I open it. I've never had any issues with this game because it's running on a Mac (Superstar Edition), and now it's being a total $@#%! I sent the crash report to the support email, so hopefully I can get some help with this problem. 

In the meantime, here's a screencap of the protagonist, Leigh Wells, waking from one of his nightmares.

PLpj8D2.png

Thanks to everyone for expressing their interest in this project! :)

• Law likes this

gMO3CNQ.pngdgdqJf2.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fester, psychological horror, thriller, fallenthomas, production thread, casting call

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users