Photo
- - - - -

Office Fu - a wacky comedy for most of the family!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Law

Law

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:00 PM

Hey everybody! So I just finished binge watching everything Kung Fu Panda related, and in the midst of said binge, I thought of a little idea for a comedy that I wanted to pursue, in the same vein of Out of Print. I wanted to make this one as silly as its title suggests, also wackier and more ridiculous compared to semi-drama that I was going for on Out of Print. No work and all play, in other words.

The plot so far is simple enough: Two guys who work at a bank are tired of their condescending, suck up of a co-worker (who also knows Kung Fu) and train with the cranky, elderly custodian who used to be a legendary Kung Fu master.

I have the first scene of Office Fu written, going to be working the script some more in the coming days. This will be my last project before continuing work on my silent film, Gone Missing, which is coming along nicely.

TehPoptartKid has taken the role of the condescending, suck up co-worker, who is named Drew, but there will be at least 4 more roles up for grabs in a casting call once I finish writing or at least get close to the end.

That's all for now, stay tuned for more updates and such.

#2 Law

Law

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:35 AM

About halfway done writing the script for this film, and I think it's coming along nicely! With a more ridiculous plot line to work with I feel like this is coming out a good bit funnier than Out of Print.
At the rate I'm going, I should have the script ready in a week or a two, but I can't say for sure. But once I'm positive of all the roles that will need to be filled, so far there's five, I will put out a casting call!

Once I finish writing and start filming the movie, I will of course be keeping in mind what worked and what didn't in Out of Print, in hopes to improve upon them and make something that everybody will get a real kick out of!

That's all for now, stay tuned for more updates!

• TehPoptartKid likes this

#3 Law

Law

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:36 PM

I stumbled upon the script for this the other night, just before returning to the forums, and I still think it's as funny as when I wrote it, and I still want to get this made, second only to Gone Missing of course. Still only have done half the script, obviously after I got hacked and everything, I haven't really been working on anything machinima related. But I plan on finishing the script asap. Don't quite remember where I was going with it, but that's fine, could always just go another direction with it.

Anyways, that's all for now.
Glad to be back and working on things again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users