• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Law

Law

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:29 AM

Worked out a simple way to add voice overs to my Plotagon shorts, without having to use the tedious in-program voice recorder, and decided to whip up this little bit to give it a test run. I messed up the lip sync a little at one part, but mostly I think it came out great! Check it out.

http://movies.tmunde...atch/the-speech

#2 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:02 AM

Whats your process?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Law

Law

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:30 AM

Whats your process?

I don't know why I didn't think to do it this way sooner. First, I made and exported the short in plotagon as usual, using the computer voices, uploaded unlisted to YouTube then used a YouTube dowloader to get the video so that I could edit it, then I edited the footage how I wanted it (I usually leave blank dialogue before and after each line so it doesn't immediately cut to the next one, that way I can better control the pacing) then I recorded the lines to fit with the mouth movements, which as said I messed up a little on the beginning of one line, but this was one attempt so I can do it better with future shorts. Then, having the original footage muted completely, put together the music/background sounds and voice overs I recorded in audacity all into one audio file using FL Studio, where I also edited the all of the audio (EQ, panning, volume control on the background music etc.) then I put that over the video. Not only did I find this simpler than recording straight into Plotagon (it mouths the line and you record to that, but if your off it glitches and it sometimes it doesn't want to do it at all) but also this way I can edit each individual voice over how I want, for example the last line of the short that has reverb on it because the character is speaking into a mic. That's basically it, I hope I explained that sufficiently, haha.
  • kkffoo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users