• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Law

Law

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:03 PM

Dreams can be a fun thing to experience, and just as fun to talk about with others.  What are some interesting dreams you've had? Whether they be from when you were young, or recent. Here's one I had last night...

Last night, I couldn't sleep. So, I decided to put on some rain sounds in my headphones, and it worked pretty quickly. It also influenced my dream, and it was one of the coolest and most bizarre I've had in a long time.

I was on an island with a quaint little village, surrounded by lots of trees and some mountains in the distance. The thing is, everything was made of water. Even the solid ground was water, but it was all moving like it was under glass, rather than being made of ice. The palm trees, the far-away mountains, the village huts and the villagers themselves were all made of water, I probably was too but I'm not sure.

It was the strangest sight that I can only just barely remember. As for what happened in the dream, it's pretty fuzzy. I remember walking through the watery woods with a group of watery men, holding watery spears, I believe hunting watery deer or some such. Then some sort of huge monster made of, you guessed it, water. Then we were in some serious shit, the spears had barely any affect.

Not sure what happened after that, but it looked bleak. It was very weird, yet, I hope to have the dream again, except perhaps minus the giant monster...

Hope to hear about all your dreams below! I'll share another at some point as well.

~ Law
  • TehPoptartKid and macwemyss like this

#2 TehPoptartKid

TehPoptartKid

2+2= Fish!

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:04 AM

That sounds interesting, influencing your dreams by adding in music or sound. I should try that sometime.

The latest dream I've had is my mom started looking at all my twitter posts. She didn't approve of what I was posting, and she got angry. She took my laptop away and said, "NO MORE TWITTER FOR YOU!"

• Law likes this

#3 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:12 AM

I used to keep a diary next to my bed so I could keep a note of my dreams but I haven't done it in years..

I get really vivid dreams where my mind convinces me they're real. I remember one that picked up right where my normal life was, but I decided to go study science and medicine. Years later, I invented some random mathematical formula that made total sense in the dream and ended up being the cure to cancer. I met new people, spent years building friendships, gave talks on how I had solved the big equation (despite having no knowledge of the subject in real life).. Got married and lived into middle age in a big glass penthouse apartment in New York. I went to bed in the dream and woke up back in my own bed here in Glasgow.. That was so messed up lol

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
"Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

#4 Law

Law

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:32 AM

I know somebody who does that, I've been meaning to do it myself as it's a clever idea that I never thought to do. I guess this thread is sort of a precursor for my potential dream journal.

Now that's a vivid dream right there. My dreams are often super weird, usually if they're more realistic it's a really screwed up and terrifying nightmare. I used to have a recurring one where I would be having a nice time (either with friends, or by myself) and then all of the sudden something would go wrong, I don't often remember what it was, but when it happens my jaw would clamp shut and just keep shutting tighter and tighter to the point that my teeth would pop right out of my gums. It's been a few months since it's happened, thankfully.

Never have my dreams, that I can remember anyway, spanned over many years and involved such a substantial grow as becoming a renowned scientist who cured cancer with a complex math equation. It's interesting how differently people twnd to dream sometimes, some more vividly and lifelike than others. I once had one where I was attacked in the forest by a pack of rabid Harrison Fords... so there's that.

Thanks for sharing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users