• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SpidermanForever

SpidermanForever

The Superior- Spidey

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:24 AM

So I'm trying to make a new movie, but I'm having some issues. At first when I try to assemble the script, the characters appear normal, but after a while they become completely black. I've already added the  game to advanced security auditing or whatever, with full control. I'm on windows 10 by the way. Any idea how to resolve this?

#2 Law

Law

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:47 PM

Windows 10. There's your problem right there.
  • SpidermanForever likes this

#3 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:07 PM

Once upon a time.....yeah, its been that long.........I had the same problem after installing new video drivers. I was on Windows 98 at the time and I had to backtrack to an earlier version of the drivers to fix it. Win10 does updates automatically and if it gets it wrong sometimes you end up with a similar situation. Check if it did an update recently and see if it matches the day before things started to get weird. Since this is an old game and Win10 is so different from anything it is used to, I'm willing to bet an update just messed the video drivers.

Baby we were Boing to run.... 2660.jpg

#4 SpidermanForever

SpidermanForever

The Superior- Spidey

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:18 AM

Once upon a time.....yeah, its been that long.........I had the same problem after installing new video drivers. I was on Windows 98 at the time and I had to backtrack to an earlier version of the drivers to fix it. Win10 does updates automatically and if it gets it wrong sometimes you end up with a similar situation. Check if it did an update recently and see if it matches the day before things started to get weird. Since this is an old game and Win10 is so different from anything it is used to, I'm willing to bet an update just messed the video drivers.

I was able to resolve it by toning down the graphics from high to medium. I'm looking forward to finishing this movie and filming it. I'm hoping to have voice actors for every character this time. I just need two people to voice the female characters. I'll probably post a casting call.

#5 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:07 AM

Try setting it on compatibility mode for Windows 2000/Me.. Also, make sure your graphics card isn't overriding the default graphics settings for the game.

Trust me, I spent longer than I care to think about getting The Movies to run on Windows 10. It seems like the blacked out characters are mainly caused by the game (generally the graphics) being run in a more advanced way so it can't handle it.

Even after that, my game still regularly switches to the blacked out actors halfway through filming and I have to reset to fix it several times a session (luckily saving whilst they're blacked out won't screw up your game, so you can just save, quit out to the desktop and launch again - annoying but manageable).

Like Ben says, seems the issue is predominantly to do with Windows 10.. Probably running it in a new way it doesn't understand because it's so old. There are ways around it but if you're planning on using The Movies with Windows 10 be prepared to get frustrated, a lot...

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
"Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

#6 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:54 PM

I glad your back spiderman but I'm also skeptical on whether you will release a full production or not. I m not trying to be mean but it seems you like you have interesting ideas and trailers but we never seem to light of day of these movies and then you release another trailer for another idea when we have not seem the movie from a previous trailer.

It would be good if you could at least get one production done so we can officially see a one major production before you move on to another one. Not say making one is eas,y but incredibly hard to do but as long as you enjoy it that what should matter.

So us what you got :) 

#7 SpidermanForever

SpidermanForever

The Superior- Spidey

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:28 AM

I glad your back spiderman but I'm also skeptical on whether you will release a full production or not. I m not trying to be mean but it seems you like you have interesting ideas and trailers but we never seem to light of day of these movies and then you release another trailer for another idea when we have not seem the movie from a previous trailer.

It would be good if you could at least get one production done so we can officially see a one major production before you move on to another one. Not say making one is eas,y but incredibly hard to do but as long as you enjoy it that what should matter.

So us what you got :)

Thank you for the warm welcome. I definitely will, I'm just  going to finish this short film first. I  completely rewrote Time Heals All Wounds, and it's longer than any of my previous scripts, so of course  it's  going to take longer for me to finish that one.

I'm also considering the Sims 3 for Time Heals All Wounds because one or two aspects of the movie don't seem possible to portray with the Movies game. Although I could always work around it and change that aspect, in a way that won't change the message of the movie. I just feel that the Sims would be better to get certain points across more effectively.

I'm also going to rewrite Roses are Red because I feel that it's lacking depth, and it seems to be my weakest idea, so perhaps I can think of a way to flesh it out more. But I still have these other projects in mind.

With the exception of The Unknown Path, I decided that it would work better as a novel, I've been writing it since 2012,   am currently writing the final draft of it.

• Law likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Movies, Stunts and Effects

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users