Photo
- - - - -

How to make your graphics look great when you upload to Youtube?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Axe

Axe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:31 AM

I uploaded my video to Youtube three years ago and the graphics were just "fuzzy" and light coloured in texture. I've seen other uploaded videos using The Movies game and their graphics are great. What was it I could have done wrong?

#2 Harb40

Harb40

Moving can be a royal pain in the ass.

• Members
  • 2,162 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

Much of that will have to do with what format you are using (wmv, mp4, etc) and what resolution.  The higher the resolution the better.  Also, is the film in a 16:9 aspect or a 4:3.

The Passion Competition will be back in 2017.

#3 Axe

Axe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:19 PM

Much of that will have to do with what format you are using (wmv, mp4, etc) and what resolution.  The higher the resolution the better.  Also, is the film in a 16:9 aspect or a 4:3.

How do I tell what format and what resolution I have?

Also,what's aspect 16:9 or 4:3? Sorry for the stupid questions.  :)

#4 Benjamin Tuttle

Benjamin Tuttle

Fruit Basket!

• Moderators
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:52 PM

How do I tell what format and what resolution I have?

Also,what's aspect 16:9 or 4:3? Sorry for the stupid questions.  :)

For you tube, H.264 mp4 is the way to go.  Right-clicking the file and selecting will indicate the file format. This little image helps with aspect ratios.

422309d1493695814t-aspect-ratio-blackber

• Harb40 likes this

Moderator, Blender User, iClone filmmaker, and overall OCD guy at set dressing.

#5 Harb40

Harb40

Moving can be a royal pain in the ass.

• Members
  • 2,162 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:56 PM

Well, the format is easy, just look at your file.  Whatever the extension is is the format.  If it says {file name}.wmv then it is wmv. 

Are you using an outside editor or just using TM to produce your videos?  If you are only using TM then chances are your videos are in 4:3 aspect.  Aspect ratios are explained here but basically 4:3 is standard box and 16:9 is widescreen and HD.  As for resolutions, the higher the better.  TM has different output options.  If you go to the main menu and go to options/video options you will see 3 categories: Graphical detail, screen size and color depth.  If your system will handle it use the arrow buttons to go to the highest levels on each.  I don't remember what the highest screen size was but with a mod (not sure where to find it now) or some ini editing (don't remember which ini file) you can get screen sizes of 1280x1024 which gives a nice picture.  The different screen sizes and some YouTube info is here.

Using the lowest settings in the game will produce low quality videos and they don't look very good on YouTube.  What most of us do is use an editor like Sony Vegas, Magix, Corel, Pinnacle, etc. to enhance the color and quality of our films.  From there you can choose whatever format and screen size you want.  Just remember, trying to increase the screen size of a low quality video will decrease the quality while viewing.

Hope that helps.

The Passion Competition will be back in 2017.

#6 Axe

Axe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:40 PM

.  Just remember, trying to increase the screen size of a low quality video will decrease the quality while viewing.

Hope that helps.

Yes .That is what happened when I tried to use full screen for my video.

Thanks Benjamin Tuttle and Harb40 for the advice.

#7 sexymaria

sexymaria

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:28 PM

Depending on which browser you use, YouTube will remove some resolution options for viewing.

The feature first looks at your bandwidth and decides for you they resolution you can watch that is fastest loading.

But you can change it (sometimes) by clicking the gear icon at lower left of video.

But some users complain that YT is removing some options

and perhaps because they are forcing users to use Chrome.

Banner_Newer.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users