Can anyone direct me with this mod?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 greysword

greysword

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:49 PM

I 've heard good comments about this mod here. 

https://www.themovie...tandard-version

Can anyone direct me with this? Is in German so i couldn't reliase many things. Is it worth downloading? What will add to the game? I am afraid it might crash so i wouldn't risk it. 

#2 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:46 PM

I've never used it but from what I can gather it's a collection of new props and stuff, and a mod that turns the sets into props to allow a bit more flexibility with your set dressing and not have characters jumping around the set like you would in the default game.

It's from themovies3d so it's definitely trustworthy. The guy who runs that site is Fraas - he used to be a very popular member of the original Lionhead site :)

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
  • greysword likes this
"Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

#3 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:10 PM

a quick google translate trip and this is what the translated german  version says:

The ideal starter package for newly installed "data" folders

An addon that includes various sets, props and tools, plus tutorials and costumes. Just download and install. Attention: Uninstalling is not easy. Possibly other sets and props, which were manually added, are overwritten! These can then be reinstalled, or the ini files (for costumes, for example) then have to be supplemented accordingly.

includes:
Screens 3.0
Directors Cut Addon (over 100 new Props, Backgrounds, Textures and Effects)
Tutorials

I personally never heard of this modd pack and the ''Directors Cut'' added name to this pack, makes me a bit worried that someone tried to ride the DCMF (Directors Cut Modding Foundry) coat tail. As far as I know the maker of this modd, EABOOL, was never a DCMF member (as I was) so, it might be from a fan of the game and as it was remade(?) by Fraas, I can only give it a good score. However I did download it and gave the rar file a good anti-virus scan, just in case. It checks out fine with avast, windows defender and malwarebyte. The file is full of .exe files (executables) so, as installers go, it is not unusual. The fact that they are installers is unusual, specially from a modder. It will overwrite stuff. As a precaution i suggest anybody installing this modd to do a backup of their files to make sure if anything gets messed up (it can happen) can be recovered.

Baby we were Boing to run.... 2660.jpg

#4 greysword

greysword

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:53 PM

I wouln't install it. Thank you sir. I just want to find out some new scenes or new effects for the game since i am making my third movie and i want to be a good one. 

#5 Harb40

Harb40

When will it get better?

• Members
  • 2,179 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:45 PM

I have it installed and have not had any problems with it for many many years.

It does add a lot of props and changes your splash screen to let you know you are using the Director's Cut.

The Passion Competition is now on Facebook.  Like our page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users