Photo
- - - - -

One Hell of a rough time with Heaven sets

modding help needed bad design game crashing bugs animation heaven sets graphics

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Beowulf71

Beowulf71

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:27 PM

The lower-left item is a handbell, though its clunky solid-metal design isn't so typical.

That's what I thought, but wasn't sure.

Here is another one if you prefer:  bell.png

• Ingeborg S. Nordén likes this
“I am the ripper, the tearer, the slasher. I am the teeth in the darkness! The talons in the night! My name is strength! And lust! And power! I am BEOWULF!"

#22 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:30 PM

That trompette looks a heck of a lot better than mine, send it over dude.

Thanks.

The hand bell is clunky for sure. If it shows in close ups it definitely would be better if it had more definition.

Baby we were Boing to run.... 2660.jpg

#23 Beowulf71

Beowulf71

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:41 PM

Sending you both models.

“I am the ripper, the tearer, the slasher. I am the teeth in the darkness! The talons in the night! My name is strength! And lust! And power! I am BEOWULF!"

#24 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:46 PM

Update time again!!!

Been busy inrl so not too many things have happened this week. Got the models from Beowulf and they are wayyyyyyyyyyyy better than mine.

4397.png4393.png

How are the colors and graphics looking to you? anything amiss or not fitting?

#25 Ingeborg S. Nordén

Ingeborg S. Nordén

Sandbox Dilettante

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI, USA

Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:08 PM

Update time again!!!

Been busy inrl so not too many things have happened this week. Got the models from Beowulf and they are wayyyyyyyyyyyy better than mine.

4397.png4393.png

How are the colors and graphics looking to you? anything amiss or not fitting?

You and Beowulf71 are a pretty decent design team; he catches incorrect details that I'd miss.  Keep up the great work!

:wheelchair: Ingeborg S. Nordén
Studio names:  Second Take Studios (comedy/action), New Look Cinemas (horror/sci-fi), Rose Pictures (romance/unofficial genres)

#26 Beowulf71

Beowulf71

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:03 PM

How do you make great metal textures like that?

#27 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:08 PM

I use a generated silk texture in Photoshop, keeping it at one iteration so i don't have to deal with the edges of a repeating pattern until the unwrapping in Blender, then add a golden tint to it. Unwrapping the model is a very tedious process to get right because, in this case, most of the surfaces are tubes or spheres in nature. It takes a while to hide the seams and not have a visible repeating pattern.

The material is set to glossy and i add a reflection map from an old texture that is used on just about any model you can see on the Internet. Lakerem2 it is called. I just blurred it a bit so the details do not matter so much as the reflections it provides. Tweaking to get the glossiness and reflections right is a bit of a fuss but once you get it, it works great.

#28 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:08 AM

Update time again!!

Got the heavenly glow effect to work on the gates modd you can see it in action here. Let me know if that works for you.

The animations for the musical instruments are coming at a slower pace than I would like but they will be done.

• Beowulf71 likes this

#29 Ingeborg S. Nordén

Ingeborg S. Nordén

Sandbox Dilettante

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:44 AM

The glow itself is impressive, but the gates and stairs appeared over-bright white; I don't know whether the glow is causing that intense whiteness or not.  Balancing the colors and contrast would make the scene easier to watch.

Studio names:  Second Take Studios (comedy/action), New Look Cinemas (horror/sci-fi), Rose Pictures (romance/unofficial genres)

#30 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:15 PM

You are right, the white balance in the game is really not easy to get right. I redid the texture on the stairs with added details in the shadow areas to give it more definition, yet still maintain the original brightness of the piece (not an easy task).

Check it out

#31 Ingeborg S. Nordén

Ingeborg S. Nordén

Sandbox Dilettante

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:31 PM

Very well done!  Keep it up, and don't forget to show me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: modding, help needed, bad design, game crashing, bugs, animation, heaven, sets, graphics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users