#1 Roger

Roger

Tiberius Strange

• Administrators
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 09:59 PM

I have very sad news to share.

“Ken passed away last week..
I had not kept up with him for a while and did not know how sick he had become... His sister Lisa called me just a few minutes ago, and I have not spoken to Naomi yet....
Roger, you are much more active on Facebook than I am, Please pass the news around...
I do not get on FB often, but when I do, I see many of the posts old friends have posted.
Ken played a big role in my life and others and brought me into that group of guys in The Movies.
We were Friends... I will miss him.
Monk”

Ken was a wonderful man who did so much for the Machinima community.
I have some many wonderful memoirs of the time I spent with him on TMOA Radio.

Rest in peace Ken.

“Let’s eat!”

• Carver likes this

Posted Image

#2 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • LocationEarth, Sol System

Posted 22 June 2021 - 11:40 PM

I have saved episodes of the show and it always puts a smile on my face.

He was an inspiration to us all who made the impossible possible in a little game that connected so many wonderful people into a community that will grow no matter what comes.

He will be missed.

RIP Ken, my friend.

• Johnny Ex, Carver and Beowulf71 like this

Baby we were Boing to run.... 2660.jpg

#3 Beowulf71

Beowulf71

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 02:57 AM

TM has lost a pioneer.   

My deepest condolences to his relatives and friends.

• Johnny Ex and Carver like this
“I am the ripper, the tearer, the slasher. I am the teeth in the darkness! The talons in the night! My name is strength! And lust! And power! I am BEOWULF!"

#4 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 01:32 PM

Very sad news indeed.  There are a lot of nice comments and memories over on Rogers facebook post if anyone would like to see: https://www.facebook.com/rjb2112/

• Johnny Ex and Carver like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

Sequel time!

• Members
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 03:01 PM

OMG, that's terrible news.  I liked Ken a lot.  And I will miss him and all he's done for us over the years.  :(

• Carver likes this

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#6 Killian

Killian

Rest in Peace, Ken; we all owe you a debt we can't repay

• Administrators
  • 2,840 posts
  • LocationNorthampton, UK

Posted 24 June 2021 - 12:04 PM

A bright light has gone out of the universe; a genuine titan of the hobby has passed and we are all the sadder for the gulf he leaves

Extremely sad news :(

• Carver and Beowulf71 like this

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Captain's Blog - General wibbling on machinima related stuff]   |    [Killian at Vimeo]   |   [Killian on YouTube]

#7 riott007

riott007

Goats Fuck Holla

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 02:01 PM

I am very sorry to hear about Ken.  He was a kind and generous person.  I will always think of him fondly. 

#8 Nukester

Nukester

Erase | Rewind

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 07:59 AM

Extremely saddened by this news,   words can't convey how much appreciate what Ken did for the community and for many years. 

An incredible person through and through - he will be sorely missed - RIP

#9 Zeke365

Zeke365

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 07:51 PM

Sad news to hear but do you know who will succeed him or is this fair well to tmu site?

#10 Nahton

Nahton

MovieStormer

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 03:43 PM

This was incredibly sad news. Ken was a great guy and I always enjoyed talking to him on the Sunday show. It took me a few days to process it. 

I wanted to share that I looked into the domain registration and it appears to expire on July 22, 2021.

There may be a standard 40 day grace period but it will depend on the registry policy for the domain. 

• Beowulf71 likes this

#11 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 07:45 PM

No, there's no grace period as for the last few years Ken would refer to the site being down as the curse of July 23rd.  Expect the site to close at that time barring anything unforeseen. 

I'm hoping to archive the TMRescuer movies and maybe some of the TMOARadio files as best I can.  Thinking about reaching out to Rileyman about the TMO Review archive to see if he has a local copy of that.  Not sure what will be done with anything saved but we shall see.  I might look into getting the TMU name to leave the archived materials and a brief remembrance online but I doubt the forum and movie site will remain.  If anyone has any thoughts feel free to post or you can email me.

• Johnny Ex and Beowulf71 like this

#12 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,854 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 June 2021 - 02:50 AM

There really aren’t words for moments like this are there ? While time has flown by shockingly quickly, the high days of TMO and TMU really do feel like just yesterday. Moments shared together have helped shape our lives. Without exaggeration, Ken extended and enhanced our community when TMO shut the door on us and our collective forever gratitude is a given. I will always remember Ken’s magnetic character , his great sense of humor, stupendous writing , and his kindness. A friend I valued and will miss.

Mr TheBiz if there’s anything I can do or contribute behind the scenes to help with our community’s shared history please let me know.

#13 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

Sequel time!

• Members
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 11:50 AM

Still trying to deal with this, but just in case the site shuts down, if anyone wants to keep in contact with me, I am active(ish) on FaceBook:  https://www.facebook.../underpantsaway

• Beowulf71 likes this

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#14 sisch

sisch

on my second life

• Administrators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 08:47 PM

I'm still in shock about him no longer being there, and so sad that I didn't keep contact more... I still remember the first time I was guest on the Sunday show, how nervous I was, and how welcome Ken and Roger made me feel. And that my mic never worked in the first few minutes, in every show I was on, and how patiently Ken helped me trouble shoot.
This community was, without a question, the best I ever was a part of. I miss Ken.

#15 WX_IVAN

WX_IVAN

Silent but violent

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 03 July 2021 - 04:35 PM

I thought this site had been down for quite a while.  I will surely miss Ken and all he's done for the machinima community.  He assembled a vast group of talented people from all over the globe to create and share their work and to enjoy it together.  Ken, what a guy you were.  You will be missed.  :(

• Beowulf71 likes this
12920471_10154801016902699_9026941978120[sig]/[sig]

#16 Carver

Carver

Pusher Man

• Moderators
  • 481 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 July 2021 - 07:32 AM

Such heartbreaking news to read. Ken will be deeply missed. :(

I'm grateful to have known him through this community. I'll always appreciate his kindness and patience with all of us younger members from back in the day. Just a kind and intelligent human being. Can't help but think of all the good times I experienced with TMO & TMU. Will never forget staying up for a whole 24 hour anniversary show!

It would be nice if someone could archive most of the shows on TMOA because I'm not sure if/when it'll all be gone.

RIP to a legend, Ken.  

• Beowulf71 likes this

#17 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,747 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 09 July 2021 - 04:49 PM

Yea he is missed.
He was my friend still no words.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
  • Killian likes this
Posted Image

#18 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 06:44 PM

The 22nd is this Thursday.  Expect the site to go down at that time.  If you plan to download anything for posterity it should be done before that time.

I have nothing but fond memories of this community and I will continue my journey in some form on the Reallusion forums, on facebook (just a tiny bit) and wherever the hobby takes me.  I wish everyone the best.  Ken will be missed.

• BiggsTrek, Carver and Beowulf71 like this

#19 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

Sequel time!

• Members
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 03:36 PM

It will be a sad day.  Farewell to all here.  :(

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#20 Killian

Killian

Rest in Peace, Ken; we all owe you a debt we can't repay

• Administrators
  • 2,840 posts
  • LocationNorthampton, UK

Posted 20 July 2021 - 04:50 PM

Until we meet on other shores; my email and blog are still active (if a bit unused!), and most of you know how to contact me off social media (which I don't frequent for various reasons).

Tis the end of an era closing in...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Captain's Blog - General wibbling on machinima related stuff]   |    [Killian at Vimeo]   |   [Killian on YouTube]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users