9 replies to this topic

#1 Ingeborg S. Nordén

Ingeborg S. Nordén

Sandbox Dilettante

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI, USA

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:54 AM

Fraas' "bar in Hell" set inspired me to include a celestial bar/comedy club in the "Heaven Sent" series; the name may sound predictable, but one or two small clichés won't kill the project. :biggrin:

I'm trying to do some of the retexturing myself. but I'm running into problems along the way:

• Adding a stage inside the club (where the comedians would perform, and where the "rehearsal spot" would be marked in-game).
  • Replacing the green-and-gold "Penny Malone's" insignia with something more appropriate. The overall decor will be in powder blue, white, and gold; I'm visualizing a white cloud-shaped neon sign outside, with the number "9" in electric blue. Menus on the table should have the Cloud 9 logo; so should the bar towel.
  • The artwork (pic textures) should be suitable to a comedy club, but not risqué; this is Heaven after all.

Could any of you please give me a hand with this set? I'd appreciate that very much, and promise you a spot in the series' credit crawl.

:wheelchair: Ingeborg S. Nordén
Studio names:  Second Take Studios (comedy/action), New Look Cinemas (horror/sci-fi), Rose Pictures (romance/unofficial genres)

#2 RJANACONDA

RJANACONDA

Pimp Tight Member

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

you should try retexturing the "Stage" set to match your club but save it as a prop then you could place it where you want in your club as set dressing.

#3 Ingeborg S. Nordén

Ingeborg S. Nordén

Sandbox Dilettante

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:27 PM

you should try retexturing the "Stage" set to match your club but save it as a prop then you could place it where you want in your club as set dressing.

That much I could probably do, despite my limited experience. Does the game include a stand-up microphone as a prop, though? That's a must for any comedy club; I'd need to put it on the inside stage.

Studio names:  Second Take Studios (comedy/action), New Look Cinemas (horror/sci-fi), Rose Pictures (romance/unofficial genres)

#4 RJANACONDA

RJANACONDA

Pimp Tight Member

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:28 PM

yes the game does have a stand up mic prop. it appears automatically for the "Stand up" scenes in the urban bar set. i think it is a set dressing item as well. but if your club is a retextured version of the urban bar set then there is no need as it has a stage area and animations to do stand up with.

Are you using MED to retexture? if so the best way to retext especially for beginners is first find out the exact file name of the textures used by what you want to retext. you can see them when you load the item in med. some textures have alternate versions that the game dosent use but has included those are great!

then extract those files and alter them with gimp(recommended) or paint. and change the filename slightly and import it with med.

#5 Ingeborg S. Nordén

Ingeborg S. Nordén

Sandbox Dilettante

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:30 PM

yes the game does have a stand up mic prop. it appears automatically for the "Stand up" scenes in the urban bar set. i think it is a set dressing item as well. but if your club is a retextured version of the urban bar set then there is no need as it has a stage area and animations to do stand up with.

Are you using MED to retexture? if so the best way to retext especially for beginners is first find out the exact file name of the textures used by what you want to retext. you can see them when you load the item in med. some textures have alternate versions that the game dosent use but has included those are great!

then extract those files and alter them with gimp(recommended) or paint. and change the filename slightly and import it with med.

Sounds doable; I've used Photoshop and other graphics editors to create new textures, and MED 1.0 to retexture costumes/props before. Unfortunately, I'd still need help with the logo-related graphics on the set (and some dressing): once I find the relevant texture files, do you think you could help redesign those, please? (With my poor manual coordination, freehand drawing is right out...) Thanks for all the advice you've given so far!

#6 RJANACONDA

RJANACONDA

Pimp Tight Member

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:35 PM

ill see what i can do but i make no promises

#7 RJANACONDA

RJANACONDA

Pimp Tight Member

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:01 AM

pm me your email i have a banner i think you may like

#8 RJANACONDA

RJANACONDA

Pimp Tight Member

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:28 AM

download these textures but be forwarned i think you have to retexure and override the orginal prop for the menu to appear/function properly

www.pimptightstudios.com/photo/bartowel_c9c.dds
www.pimptightstudios.com/photo/canvas_c9c.dds
www.pimptightstudios.com/photo/p_menu_c9c.dds

#9 Ingeborg S. Nordén

Ingeborg S. Nordén

Sandbox Dilettante

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:44 AM

pm me your email i have a banner i think you may like

Thanks for the textures; those are a huge help. Only one other item has a hint of the original bar logo on it if I recall correctly: the bar table has menus laid out at each place. (Erasing those from the texture is probably simplest; how would I cover up the missing spots without the correction looking too obvious?)

P.S. Check your inbox when you get a chance, please; I'll send the address if you still need it.

#10 RJANACONDA

RJANACONDA

Pimp Tight Member

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:56 PM

the simplese way is to swap the table_01 texture with the table_02 but this will change the color scheme to green/dark wood the place holders are on the same image and the "wood" for the table. or you could swap the texture with the wall_panel texture or one of the wood patterns.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: comedy club, help wanted, retexturing, sets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users