• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 BeatyBeaks

BeatyBeaks

Cheeky Bastard.....

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:01 PM

I have just downloaded the Lionhead Studio and James Bond Overlays, some sets,and some costumes too, onto the Movies SFX. I started a new studio like it said, but no overlays, sets, nor costumes show up.

I unzipped each file to its supposed place and still nothing, that I have downloaded, showed up onto the game.

What should I do?

~BeatyBeaks

#2 Kit06

Kit06

1992-2009

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:52 PM

I think overlays are very unimportant thanks to outside editing. I do not release a great deal of movies; as I make them for fun, or to show to someone/s, but I find having greenscreen as every overlay is best; using various outside editing tools you can put any image you want as the background; you can having moving images as the background too, with outside editing the sky's your limit, if I were you I would look at using greenscreen, nothing else can come close to the advantages.

#3 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:37 PM

I think overlays are very unimportant thanks to outside editing. I do not release a great deal of movies; as I make them for fun, or to show to someone/s, but I find having greenscreen as every overlay is best; using various outside editing tools you can put any image you want as the background; you can having moving images as the background too, with outside editing the sky's your limit, if I were you I would look at using greenscreen, nothing else can come close to the advantages.

Who cares what you think is important Kit?
He wasn't asking that. He was asking about overlays and sets.
Hang in there Beaty someone will give you some useful advice, I'm sure.

"Does not do VO's for people that are not in Baskit or a friend. Does not want spam in my PM box. Does not want to tell people this twice"
Sorry but I'm trying really hard to think of anything you've been in of any signifigance...
Posted Image

#4 Orky

Orky

GP5 40mm

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:44 PM

He wasn't asking that. He was asking about overlays and sets.
Hang in there Beaty someone will give you some useful advice, I'm sure.

"Does not do VO's for people that are not in Baskit or a friend. Does not want spam in my PM box. Does not want to tell people this twice"
Sorry but I'm trying really hard to think of anything you've been in of any signifigance...

Why the flame?

He is just giving Beaty his opinion; rather Beaty takes it or not is totally up to him and either way it's fine, but why be so aggressive?
*Edit*

Sorry to go off topic, but anyway Beaty, is your graphics card fairly low-end? When I was on my old computer and was running a very low-spec card, there were certain overlays I couldn't load (infact they simply failed to show up in the list), but when I upgraded they showed up just fine. Maybe that might be your problem?

- Orky
Posted Image

#5 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:48 PM

Why do YOU show up EVERY single time I have an opinion on something Ork-Boy? Go kiss somebody elses ass awhile.
Stay out of shit for a change.
Posted Image

#6 Benjamin Tuttle

Benjamin Tuttle

Fruit Basket!

• Moderators
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:59 PM

Let's not escalate this conflict.

I talked to Beaty on skype yesterday, I gave him a quick 3 minute webcam video of how to install mods into the game, told him how to do overlays too.

I think he was placing them in the wrong place or he didn't make a overlays folder in the textures folder, usually happens.

Moderator, Blender User, iClone filmmaker, and overall OCD guy at set dressing.

#7 Guest_asa.oleary123_*

Guest_asa.oleary123_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:48 PM

Posted Image
hehe,
come on guys, let's not let this get like the lionhead forums is now, that place is like earth in Terminator 4, barren and only thing happening is conflict...

In short, let's all get along :)

#8 Orky

Orky

GP5 40mm

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:44 PM

In short, let's all get along :)

Exactly.

If you don't want someone poking his nose ( :55: ) into things, use the PM features instead of saying it out in public. Easy as that.

But hey, Johnny, I have no problem with you regardless of that entirely unneeded bullshit spree that happened a while back. I'm willing to put all the shit behind us and that's why I always tend to make jokes about us whenever I see you in the chatroom or so on - I try to make it out to be a friendly rivalry (even if you don't). Regardless of who posted your original comment, I would have still pointed out that it was needlessly aggressive and very un-community like to say that, regardless of who they were, as I would like to keep this community as friendly and mature as possible (Which is why I point out comments which are the opposite of that).

Having idiotic grudges against one another is entirely out of place on this website. We don't have to like eachother, but why shoot on sight, homie-skillet?

- Orky
Posted Image

#9 soccerholden13

soccerholden13

Eric Draven "The Crow"

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:27 AM

so beaty you told me to check out this thread but unfortunately i dont have much to add. I don't know how to use mods for the movies, but my brother figured it out about a week ago. tough luck contacting him though.
I see you've made your decision. Now let's see you enforce it.

#10 cecil_evans

cecil_evans

The Oldest Newbie

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:00 PM

i always had issues adding mods and overlays.
MY PROBLEM, and it may not be yours, is that i always kept the game open and Alt/Tabbed out of it to place the mods. when i tabbed back into The Movies, the mod or overlay wasn't there. The Movies didn't register it as being there.
it may sound like a stupid suggestion, but remember you have to CLOSE the movies and reopen it for the mods to register. the game must make an inventory of things when it first opens and doesn't ever go look again.
that's all i can think of.
-the kid's still in the picture.

#11 Daninsky

Daninsky

The Angry Red Plant

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:46 PM

I unzipped each file to its supposed place and still nothing, that I have downloaded, showed up onto the game.

What should I do?

Can you give us a link to the download?

From top of my head I can't think of anything that would prevent all from showing up.
...and naturally the movie needs to have an explosion for the fourteen year olds.
-Unknown newspaper critic.

#12 Kit06

Kit06

1992-2009

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:08 PM

If you have seen me post in a forum John you would know I love nothing more than a "Flamewar". If I were you I wouldn't try and irritate me, as one it is not difficult to do so, two, I have some allies in these forums, and a third I enjoy disputes. If you really, really want to give me a lecture, by any means PM me them, but expect less than polite replies; which I am more than happy to share around with people who might laugh at you. You’re very fortunate that I am not in my normal pissy mood; but I will point at two things you have said:

A good deal of people seem to care about what I think. For your information every 2 weeks I used to receive about 10 scripts to read through and give my opinion on, or even help re-write, people use me to see movies before they are released to spot little mistakes that no-one else might see, for instance check Asa.oleary123's INM comments to see one small error I told him about that he missed out, which I was unhappy with. I used to get about 5 pleas a week to interview people on TMOA before the hiatus. And of course I care about what I think.

What do you mean of "signifigance" would you like to tell directors in MS and the TM community that their hard work is of no "signifigance" John? One quick question, have you been in anything "signifigant"? Another thing, my signature is important to me; I have had a lot of PM's for roles of late, I will list the last five:

Ubernewbie
Marine
Ethanrunt
JosephKW
Burkey1993

Four more things before I shut up:
1. Your blocked from my Skype John, I don't think I ever used it to speak with you anyway.
2. If you continue like this you will become a leper in this community (like Endo); yelling at me is a sure way of doing that.
3. My tips were relevent as I did not just give Beasty a solution, I gave him an improvement. I don't care if he ignores my tips, but I decided to help him, as I am sometimes in a nice mood.
4. If you want a fight in my PM box, bring it on.

Kit

Edited by Kit06, 02 June 2009 - 04:38 PM.
List needed editing

#13 wackyal3000

wackyal3000

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:17 PM

Posted Image

Come on guys settle this elsewhere. Why not just move on anyway? No one wins from a flame war, everyone just gets annoyed.

Kit, yeah he was probably over the top but just get over it. You know you're better so leave it at that.

John, keep it to PMs or just go bang your head against a wall. We all get annoyed at people. I'm pretty sure a lot of people are annoyed at both of you for this so drop it.

If you don't like the kids in the sandpit, pick up your toys and check out other sandpits.

#14 Del

Del

Baffled

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:50 PM

Can you give us a link to the download?

Yeah, that would help.

But regardless, we need you to help us help you Beaty!
As well as a link to the mods you downloaded:
Explain exactly where you placed the files, just in case you missed anything.
Have you downloaded mods before? Did they work?
Posting your system specs is always nice, but I'm not sure if it would be relevant here. But since someone else already said they had issues with mods with a low end graphics card it might shed some light on the problem
If you're not sure what system specs you're running, just do the following:
Click Start, Run, then type in dxdiag (or using Vista, just type it into the bit that says 'start search'). In the display section will be your video card. The other information might be helpful too, but I doubt it.

If you haven't downloaded mods before, where are you looking for the new mods? Just as a heads up, they don't always have thumbnails with them, sometimes it's a case of searching through items that are seemingly blank.

Aren't you all just glorious rays of sunshine.
I know it's sad but I never gave a damn about the weather and it never gave a damn about me.

#15 Guest_asa.oleary123_*

Guest_asa.oleary123_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

Aren't you all just glorious rays of sunshine.

At least we're arguing on our own turf, and not Lionhead's this time lol

#16 Kit06

Kit06

1992-2009

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:16 PM

Posted Image

#17 wackyal3000

wackyal3000

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:22 PM

These circumstances were made for amusing pictures

Posted Image

#18 JazzX

JazzX

Banned

• Banned
  • 478 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:38 AM

I have just downloaded the Lionhead Studio and James Bond Overlays, some sets,and some costumes too, onto the Movies SFX. I started a new studio like it said, but no overlays, sets, nor costumes show up.

What should I do?

~BeatyBeaks

You'll be ok.

Most mod zip files have a folder in them called "data".

All you have to do is lift this file into your "The Movies" program folder (typically C: Program Files/Lionhead Studios/The Movies)

The necessary files will be copied automatically (say "YES" to all the prompts) over to where they need to go.

Sometimes - the modder will have chosen an obscure location for the mod, though.

So - in game - you may want a knight's costume. But they've set it up so that it's at the back of women's swimsuits! It's there - but you just have to look for it.

Good luck - send me the files if it doesn't work and I'll make a best guess of what should be done with them.

#19 Rysto

Rysto

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:11 AM

I NEVER let the computer unpack a zip file for me, I always do it by hand.
If you double click the zip folder you can open the folders inside then drag and drop the files to the correct folders.
If the modder has misnamed a folder or put files in the wrong folders you will have a better chance of catching this.
Plus you do not necessarily want to overwrite files. This could erase other mods on your computer, especially with ini files for costumes and props.

#20 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:00 AM

Umm, Beaty.. I've seen you comment on several different profile pages asking people to check out this thread but you're not helping the people who actually want to help you. Let us know as much about the problem as you can and there's a better chance we can help you fix it.. :)
"Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: costume mods, download, sets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users