91 replies to this topic

#21 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:47 PM

Nice! I want to get in one of those fork lifts and ram it into your warehouse shelving. :devil2:

And speed on down the road with the good stuff.

So good to hear that this project is in motion again!

No doubt!
Posted Image

#22 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:12 AM

Hey, is that Starmaker look-alike thing still going?

Oh, and if you want me to pay you back for the Steyr you're making, I might be able to help you with something (not that I'll make much of a difference though, lol).

Yup the starmaker deal is still on and on that note, I will use Ryleyman's TTMO-O-NTTMO Men and Sisch's Women AAactors for the base bodies. They are already dressed like I want and only need the starmaker heads substituted.

I'm still looking for background VO's for the video arcade crowd....Picture it:
The opening scene involves having the camera slowly tracking along the lenght of the very busy arcade with the music, sounds from the video machines and the players all over the place, then later some more background action as the main character walks across the arcade again. I need some lines from these background characters like some making fun of their buddies,taunts, laughing, cursing(not too much, we are in the mid to late 70's after all) and chalenges. There will be a lot of sound design work for these scenes. I have found videos on youtube of some games from this time period. The audio is good enaugh to help set the ambiance of the place,but the arcade crowd is going to make this scene work. Be creative, think back in the days where Pong had just run out and the sudden flood of Midway and Sega machines made going to the arcade an event, a social outing, a place where you could hang out and compete with your friends.

More details to come soon.

Edited by MikeDBoing, 25 January 2010 - 12:50 AM.

#23 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:40 PM

Here is a small update:

After the model find, i got some more ideas and reference images for a few new ideas that just took off like rockets in my noggin.

I was strugling to find a good opening for the movie. It has to set the mood, set up the place....I was thinking of some of the great movie intros from the blockbusters of the past few years and a few keep sticking out.

Monsters Inc, Spiderman, Euro trip, The pink Panther, School of Rock and a few more...then it dawned on me that not a whole lot of TMO/TMU movies have that ''intro''. The only one i can remember is Infested by Rysto. That was a very well made movie inside a movie with the modd work included in the opening and closing credits.

So I got this idea, not sure how i'm going to get it done but at the start it is very fast, includes some bullet time effects, needs to keep up with the music and must be readable and be funny at the same time.

Picture it:
Fade from black to a slow forward tracking shot of a chrome sphere butted against a wall, that recedes and then smacks it! ''Le studio Boing Boing Presents'' is revealed behind it....yes..it is taking place Inside a pinball machine!...and it just goes nuts from there.

Just the timing alone will be a chalenge so i decided to go the Pixar way: Animated storyboards.

After drawing the basic shots, scanning them and importing them in After Effects, i will add the camera moves, motion effects, sound track and music in a small easy to export scene that will be easy to edit for timing and readability.

It will also be a good foundation for the movie. Making directorial decisions easier and faster before any major animation, modeling,etc. is even undertaken.

One of the major advantage of this and any digital media editing is the Storyboard project can, and probably will, be used as a template for the movie itself. All i need is substitute the animated storyboard footage for the real thing. At that point the dialog, sound effects and music should all be done or close to being done. A real time saver.

#24 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

After a long while in limbo..not the dance..the bad place, and RL taking so much time that i have given up on sleep, sex, and feeding....well ok, not sex completely :blushing:
I am happy to let everyone know that this little movie is back in production and this time, I will endeavor in keeping you updated on a more regular basis, other than my ocasionnal stint on the DCMF Modding Hour.
For example here are a few pix from some of the modds that are being built specificaly for the movie:

A Pool Table
Attached File  Pool_Table_Final_001.jpg   7.39KB   2 downloads

and a Air Hockey Table

Attached File  Air_Hockey_Table_Final001.jpg   12.51KB   2 downloads

A New Type of arcade machine..something that might have been interesting in the early days of the Arcade
Attached File  The Movies Arcade Game.jpg   36.26KB   2 downloads

More to come soon..i promise.:57:

Edited by MikeDBoing, 05 July 2015 - 03:02 PM.

#25 kwistufa

kwistufa

Chaff

• Moderators
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:38 PM

Those Props are looking excellent Mike. Wow!!

Great Stuff!

#26 Uber

Uber

GTA 5 FTW!

• Members
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:47 PM

Those Props are looking excellent Mike. Wow!!

Great Stuff!

Indeed, very nice stuff.
Posted Image

#27 6hm

6hm

Soup Is Good Food!

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:25 AM

A New Type of arcade machine..something that might have been interesting in the early days of the Arcade
Posted Image

wow! the world most unsuccessful arcade game discovered

:sailor:
I have 20 friends.... TMU tells me so!!:taz:

#28 themonk

themonk

The One The Only themonk

• Administrators
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

wow! the world most unsuccessful arcade game discovered

:sailor:

Yeah.... it didnt have a Multi-Player Mode....

#29 fospherous

fospherous

• Members
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:13 AM

Posted Image

Is that the expansion?

Awesome work Mike :)

#30 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

As some of you probably know, Real Life has taken a really strong hold on my movie making and modding activities. Chocking it mercilessly to a gasping halt for the last year or two..lost count ....but now there is this thin light shinning at the end of this never-ending tunnel....ok, that was wayyyy overly dramatic..i know, but it feels good to get back in the swing of things.... for as long as it lasts.:18:

After modding Flash McQueen ( witch i really enjoyed...ahh good times), I got some work done on TANK, not a whole lot, mostly going over all the assets, voice overs, music and the animated storyboards.
After the initial shock of realizing just how much work had already been done, i fired up Blender and got some real good modeling for the sets. Started the game , a new studio, picked a lot of the scenes that will be used, noted a lot of the scenes that will require animation outside the game..(a lot of them) and pretty much got the groove back on.

It feels good. The story is fun and having a bit more time now gives me a sense of hope this will be done by the end of the year.

#31 kwistufa

kwistufa

Chaff

• Moderators
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Good stuff Mike! Great to read that your getting a bit of spare time to finish TANK. :)

#32 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:02 PM

Ok...testing (ONE TWO...This thing on?)

As some of you might already know, mainly by going to another forum section (facepalm again...ouchy!) I have gone back to an earlier version of the TANK script that is a lot darker, more character driven and all around more challenging.

3 of the 6 roles have already been filled and approved, one needs work, but 2 are still up for grabs.

If any of the original cast is interested, hopefully still around and doing voice acting, I would love to send you guys the new script. But in case it comes down to a whole new cast, here are some of the details:

It is still set in the US, the early days of the arcades, when the new video games are invading the territory of the pinball machines. A loner is trying to hang on to the idea that a good game cannot be programmed, that it must be man vs machine and physics.

The cast is as follows:

Davis,played by Ben Tuttle, a young man in his early 20s, just finished boot-camp, got issues with new tech, authority and is smitten with Gina, the Arcade owner's daughter.

Frank, played by TPK, one of Davis's friends in the arcade. Younger than Davis and loves the new racing games and just doesn't understand Davis's affection for Pinball machines.

Talbot, played by Macwemyss, a Tank driver. Same age as Davis. Disciplined but lacking experience in the battlefield.

The available roles are:

The Sargent, Tank commander, a very forceful man who won't tolerate lack of discipline and won't say no to carnage in the battlefield.

Gina, Davis's love interest and only supporter in his quest, a feisty young girl in her 20's who is not afraid to get what she wants, even against her father's wishes.

Nick, Gina's father, owner of the last arcade in the neighborhood that has Pinball Machines, also a very protective father that doesn't appreciate his daughter's taste in boyfriends. Early 50's ( boy can I relate to this Guy LOL)

More updates to follow soon.

Edited by MikeDBoing, 28 June 2015 - 06:39 PM.

#33 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:42 PM

Looking forward to seeing this coming along Mike, really enjoyed reading the script while I was doing my lines!
"Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

#34 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:58 PM

Well, its been an interesting trip so far....

-One more role to fill, The sarge has to be a very..how can I put this, ''recognizable'' character...He has to have a voice that screams authority...not an easy feat.
I wanted to stay away from typecasting but the more I think about it, the more The Sarge MUST have THAT voice.

-The Pre-Viz stage has come a lot sooner than I planned...a good thing. This means that soon, visual candy is on its way.
First, a redone banner, witch feels so strange, having to update a previously presented work.
Then a poster, once all the roles will have been filled and locked.

-A small making-of video is also planned. It will cover set design, pre-viz, proxy linking, atmospheric and particle fx, face animation and lip synch, compositing and a few more, if you guys have suggestions, I may include them in.

#35 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:15 PM

Hi Yall!!

A new banner is in the works and I'm at a loss as to make it show at the bottom of my posts....I know there will be some serious facepalming once I figure it out but if someone could point me in the right direction, that would be awesome.:confused1:

EDit: Found something in the setings for a signiature ..but it doesn't seem to work...maybe a reload or somethin...

#36 Ken White

Ken White

Foul Owl on the Prowl

• Administrators
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:19 PM

Yeah, it's as a signature that you can display your banner at the bottom of your posts.

Current sig settings are max of 500 pixels x 100 pixels, and a max file size of 10K - I can modify that, of course, if you need more more more! Just let me know what you need.

TMOAsig.png
TMU_forum01.png

#37 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:28 PM

Thanks Ken, that explains it, my banner is 512 x 128, probably my habit of thinking in dds file size specs, its also a whopping 55,4 kb
I can scale and squeeze it to the current specs no prob...but if it wouldn't be too much to ask...:biggrin:

Edit(within seconds of reply): WOA!!
That was fast!

Thanks Ken!

Baby we were Boing to run.... 2660.jpg

#38 TehPoptartKid

TehPoptartKid

2+2= Fish!

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:34 PM

Nice banner, Mike. :4:

#39 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:56 AM

Update again!!

Johnny X has agreed to take on the Sarge...man o man am I psyched for this.

He will, as he so aptly put it, own the role....no worries here.

So..

There is still Nick and Gina to give cinematic life to....I am tempted to take on Nick (Gina is a bit out of my league).

As a production update: I have started a pre-viz cut of the film. Scenes 1 and 2 are done, they need a bit of finessing, but that is what pre-viz is all about, ironing the kinks before actual animation kicks in.
This is where not having all the parts done is starting to make things a bit dicey. Timing and editing are way harder without the actual performances to tie all of it up.
Still, I can go over the rest of the scenes until all the voices are in...its just gonna have those big , ugly holes in it....oh well.

More updates soon.

Baby we were Boing to run.... 2660.jpg

#40 TehPoptartKid

TehPoptartKid

2+2= Fish!

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:50 AM

Johnny X has agreed to take on the Sarge...man o man am I psyched for this.

Awesome! Johnny's on board!

As a production update: I have started a pre-viz cut of the film. Scenes 1 and 2 are done, they need a bit of finessing, but that is what pre-viz is all about, ironing the kinks before actual animation kicks in.
This is where not having all the parts done is starting to make things a bit dicey. Timing and editing are way harder without the actual performances to tie all of it up.
Still, I can go over the rest of the scenes until all the voices are in...its just gonna have those big , ugly holes in it....oh well.

Scenes 1 and 2 are done eh? That's great! Making some progress!

There is still Nick and Gina to give cinematic life to....I am tempted to take on Nick (Gina is a bit out of my league)

I'll ask around for ya. Maybe I can get somebody to play Nick and Gina for you.

More updates soon.

Sweet! Looking forward to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users