TANK production Thread

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#81 Beowulf71

Beowulf71

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:13 PM

Thanks Beowulf, yeah its still not 100% done with the lighting and the materials are going to get the wear and tear treatment soon. Right now it's just modeling, adapting models from other sources and getting the set pretty much complete at this point. I will be sending you a set of models and ref images for the characters. You are gonna be plenty busy my friend :)

I'm starting to feel the pressure, I just hope I'll be up for the challenge. :unsure:

“I am the ripper, the tearer, the slasher. I am the teeth in the darkness! The talons in the night! My name is strength! And lust! And power! I am BEOWULF!"

#82 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:25 PM

Update time again....

Today is the day I actually set my workload at 50% done on sets and props, including rigging, textures and materials..that is a good thing. I keep a logbook style spreadsheet to keep myself psyched into the, sometimes, tedious side of movie making.

I have to say that working on it every day, even just a little bit, is sometimes hard and frustrating but at the end of the day, I render one image and its just the greatest feeling. Looking back at the collection of shots and the progression of the look that's taking shape is just the right kind of kick in the nuts I need sometimes(figuratively speaking...of course :D )

Here are the latest. They are raw renders, no color grading or tweaking.

3881.png

3877.png

Before uploading this one, I noticed that the shine on the velvet of the pool table was way too bright, and it was missing some balls...so.... I rendered just the corrected pool table and replaced it in Photoshop. This is one of the great advantages of rendering in an engine and environment where you have total control. Something doesn't look right, just render that part again. Saves on time and headaches.

Laterz Yall!!

Baby we were Boing to run.... 2660.jpg

#83 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:41 PM

Absolutely amazing Mike.
It's been fun watching you grind on this long awaited production.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#84 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:08 PM

Thanks Johnny.

It has been a long journey but the path is clearer now and I'm enjoying the new surge in my film making efforts and the support from the TMU citizens.

The arcade is almost done, just a few more games and what-notses...then the next sets ..... they are going to be interesting to say the least.

Also on the agenda is getting all the character ideas and ref images to Beowulf and start filtering the final looks for the characters.

Like the sets and props, they are going to be as close to photo-real as we can get them, but if I see any uncanny valley hurdle slowing us down, i'll throttle it down a bit.

This level of realism can sometimes be more harmful than good. It's also extremely time consuming witch is something i am not particularly willing to do.

In the end, it's all give-and-take. 

Having a master character maker like Beowulf ( no pressure there :) ) on this project is going to bring a better, diverse look to the film. In my dealings with producers and art directors of feature films lately, it has been a revelation on just how collaboration between different people can change and better mold a character and a story.

• Johnny Ex likes this

#85 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:46 AM

Update time again...didn't think i would not did you?

Not a whole lot to update except a new addition and maybe the final one...yeah I said that a lot but this one might be the one last bit added to the arcade set.

What any self respecting arcade just cannot be without?

That's right.....a Coke Vending Machine

3941.png

Now for a twist, a rare behind the scenes, wayyyyyyyyyy behind the scenes look at the arcade set

3937.png

Looks Sims-ish doesn't it.

That is all for now

Latez yall

• Johnny Ex and FallenThomas like this

#86 Benjamin Tuttle

Benjamin Tuttle

Fruit Basket!

• Moderators
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:30 AM

Oh that looks really good, can't wait to see more of the renders. I bet it took some time just for the preview. 

Moderator, Blender User, iClone filmmaker, and overall OCD guy at set dressing.

#87 Johnny Ex

Johnny Ex

Cliffhanger

• Members
  • 1,731 posts
  • LocationSecret lair

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:50 AM

It's really great.
Personally I'd like to see more shwag on the walls, lotsa Easter egg fodder there and I'm shocked we don't have a dart board machine. But I digress.
I love this production and am proud to play a huge character. Best wishes forward Mike.
Let's go.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#88 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:18 PM

Thanks guys,

Its a next step on my do to list to add easter-eggs galore, a bit of a challenge to mix movies and games as posters or props but....I'm up for the challenge.

• Johnny Ex likes this

#89 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:13 PM

Update time again, probably the last of the year......Can't wait for 2017.

The first set is almost complete. There is only one item left and then I will move on to the 2 other sets needed for the second part of this movie.....what a ride.

These are the latest renders with, as johnny put it, lotsa shwag on the walls and at least one easter egg.... can you spot it?

3976.png

3972.png

Have yourselves a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah and a Happy New Year from all of us at The Boing Skunkworks.

Stay safe, don't drink and drive, and for heaven's sake....Have Fun, We did!

• FallenThomas and Law like this

#90 MikeDBoing

MikeDBoing

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:49 PM

Update time again...it's been a while.

Production has hit a freakish fast pace of late as I have discovered the ultimate texturing tool: Substance Painter. I'm on a 30 day trial so I have worked super fast to get as much out of it as I can before forking any bucks (witch I surely will).

I have to say if anyone has any intention of going into the game business, they must know Substance by heart because it is the ultimate tool to bring your models to the next level. How I wish TM could support half of what this thing can do. In a way you can fudge it, but it is nowhere near the real time materials you get.

Speaking of TM, I recently discovered the files for the Blender version of Med called The Movies Forge (or something like it). This was Gleem's last work on having all the Med functionality inside a Blender version that could not only let you import/export to and from the game, but let you create new models, textures and materials, animations, modify and create new scenes...the works.

I was blown away when I tried to open the blender exe to be greeted by the splash screen and having an older version of Blender 2.5 working.

Now I know this is super early and I am desperately trying to keep it cool....but I got the base code to a python coder on Deviant Art and he agreed to look into it. So far no word on any progress and I am not going to push it....

oh the possibilities.......... you can bet that I will let you know as soon as I get anything to report.

Until then, I keep working on the last sets. So far my worksheet is at 89% done. The last iteration of the storyboards have given me so much inspiration. The direction is clearer, the action is going to be tight. so I should start animations soon.

Later yall

• BiggsTrek, FallenThomas, kkffoo and 1 other like this

#91 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

They dug too deep

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:38 PM

You enthusiasm is inspiring.  Seriously!

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#92 kkffoo

kkffoo

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:23 PM

It's been a while :) Must be a few of us for who that phrase rings true. great to see you working on Mike.

PC still running after clearest yeah! Now noodling with Plotagon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users