chat noir chatnoir incubus

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 josephkw

josephkw

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:40 AM

Great screenies! So THAT's what they meant by a picture being worth a thousand words. I've always loved the memorable characters in les Chats' films. Now with MS I see you can add a new layer of life to them just with their expressions and body language.

#22 mr_chatnoir

mr_chatnoir

♫♩ aka Sherwin ♬♩

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:21 AM

Great face for Sisch's character and Isabel's eyes do smoulder.

Indeed Isabel is quite upset about something at that particular moment... Something somebody said.

Now with MS I see you can add a new layer of life to them just with their expressions and body language.

Those were the features in MS that drove us back to making movies again. Of course we wish there were a larger variety of expressions, and subtler ones as well. But we'll take what we can get!

In Incubus we have a quartet of characters (plus a mystery guest star), and here is the third character screenie (in no particular order).

Nate is Isabel's husband. In Kate's words: "A respected surgeon. The kind of person whom people give their trust to and don't question."

He will be voiced by the great K4! :35:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Chat Noir Studios online: Blog, Facebook, Twitter

#23 Shawn

Shawn

Creator of SOF

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 01:45 AM

*sighs* This is why MS has captivated my heart like a memorable childhood trinket...

Awesome screens so far

#24 mr_chatnoir

mr_chatnoir

♫♩ aka Sherwin ♬♩

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:49 PM

Our new TMUnderground radio ad has a sneak preview of Incubus! :cool

Check it out:

http://chirb.it/v0aBea

My apologies for my VO announcement at the end of this. :huh:

But ScarletRhapsody, Sisch, Goofparade and K4 absolutely rock. :rockon:

Posted Image

#25 db4321

db4321

Lost in Twitbook Land

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:00 PM

For some reason I've completely missed this until just now. Obviously, my radar needs replacing.

Anyway, it all looks very promising and I can't wait to see it.

#26 mr_chatnoir

mr_chatnoir

♫♩ aka Sherwin ♬♩

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:26 AM

For some reason I've completely missed this until just now. Obviously, my radar needs replacing.

Nah... that happens to me as well! This forum is still very active with machinima productions, and that's great! :D

If anybody is interested, we will be in the Machiniplex Forums next Sunday talking about our projects with Ricky Grove. Everyone is welcome! ;)

Posted Image

Machiniplex Forum with Kate Lee & Sherwin Liu

February 28th from 1030AM to 12PM (Pacific Time) in Second Life.

Meeting place @ Academia Portucalis in Second Life:
http://slurl.com/sec...alis/190/176/22

This event on Facebook.

Become a fan of Chat Noir Studios on Facebook!

Posted Image

#27 mr_chatnoir

mr_chatnoir

♫♩ aka Sherwin ♬♩

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:33 PM

We had a great time at the Machiniplex forums, although I cannot be sure what I was rambling on about.

But this is the Incubus production thread, so how goes the production of this movie?

Quite well, we've been making steady progress! :punk:

Many scenes have been fleshed out. About 60% of filming has been completed, although tweaking will continue on.

So who is this mysterious Julien, the last element of the Incubus quartet? Voiced by the awesome Goofparade, Julien is a successful artist and a famous womanizer. Charming, playful, and manipulative, he approaches his "subjects" with ease and grace.

Here is Julien at his best.

Posted Image

#28 mr_chatnoir

mr_chatnoir

♫♩ aka Sherwin ♬♩

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:23 AM

Although that "real life" thing has a way to keep us busy, this project has still managed to make some progress over the last few weeks!

This movie seems not only to take shape but change shape during this lengthy process. A lot of the fun for me is to experience various moments of "a-ha" when the pieces of the puzzle come together. I have a much better feel for what it is now, and at the same time I know that sometime within the next month I will again get that feeling that I finally know what it is. Kate, on the other hand, seems to know it all and I bet she does.

I am excited about some of the new explorations we are making in Incubus. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, so we'll keep moving along and enjoy the ride!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 mr_chatnoir

mr_chatnoir

♫♩ aka Sherwin ♬♩

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:16 AM

One of the cats got bored while rendering some test footage, and thought it'd be a good time to update the poster for their next movie. Now that they have been working on this for four months, you know?

Anyway, here is the new poster.

Posted Image

Coming sometime! Promise! ;)

Posted Image

#30 ChatNoir

ChatNoir

Madam Chat Noir, that is.

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:47 AM

We are having wonderful time finishing up Incubus. Just lovely to listen to our actors... To our ears, their voices make the most gorgeous music in the world.

Here is a (low resolution) screenshot of one of the most challenging scenes to direct in the movie: Isabel between Nate and Julien.

Posted Image
Chat Noir Studios online:
Vimeo,Blogspot, Facebook, Twitter

#31 mr_chatnoir

mr_chatnoir

♫♩ aka Sherwin ♬♩

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:54 AM

It's the final stretch for this production. :D

We have completed filming and almost all of the video fixes and effects shots, etc.. Ahead of us lies the work on sound and a little bit of music left to compose.

This one really took some time. We originally hoped it would be a short one, both in movie length and production.

It's also a little different from our previous movies. I hear this guy is partly responsible:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 Bezzer

Bezzer

senior warrior

• Members
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:08 PM

Yes!
A Chat Noir release is always a huge event for me (and countless others) and it's great news to hear Incubus is nearing completion.
Very much looking forward sir:-)

#33 ChatNoir

ChatNoir

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:48 AM

We finally have a low resolution release-candidate of Incubus. This, six months after the beginning of the project.

A release often is a bittersweet experience for me. It's letting go. It's saying good-byes. I had a tough time last spring, and for full six months, this project has been an engaging companion and comforting bosom. I fell in love over and over again with the characters that our wonderful VO actors incarnated. Many times, I got lost in the complexity of the tasks. Each time I stumbled upon an unexpected new place that stimulated me. We had mutually enriching relationship, Incubus and I, and S and I are proud parents of this new creation.

The mythical creature, Incubus, is a demonic being that visits sleeping women to have intercourse with them. It looks like the beast succeeded in planting a conception in Isabel, our (anti)heroine. A conception in the form of a nightmare, that obsesses her and compels her to search for its meanings. Alas, interpretation of dreams is a treacherous enterprise. Try it at your own peril.

Posted Image

#34 josephkw

josephkw

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:09 AM

That's an enticing story concept! Love those new posters, too. I'm glad it's about ready for a release.

#35 DL Watson

DL Watson

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:29 AM

Definitely looking forward to this one! There is no question this will be another fantastic production.
Posted Image

#36 mr_chatnoir

mr_chatnoir

♫♩ aka Sherwin ♬♩

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:11 AM

Thanks, DL, Joseph! :)

A quick update: we are planning to wrap up production on this movie by this weekend. As Kate said it's been six months, and it's a great feeling to finally get to this point.

The premiere date on TMU Theater will be announced very soon!!

:thumbup:

Posted Image

#37 mr_chatnoir

mr_chatnoir

♫♩ aka Sherwin ♬♩

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

I can finally declare this production complete. We just submitted the movie to TMUTheater earlier today.

We'll be premiering Incubus on June 20th (next Sunday).

More details soon! :D

Cheers all!

Posted Image

#38 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:55 PM

Yaaay!

A Kate and Sherwin production is always looking forward to. I can't wait :)
"Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

#39 ChatNoir

ChatNoir

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:53 AM

We'll be premiering "Incubus" on TMU Theater on Sunday, June 20th, 2010.

First Showing (Best for European residents): 9:00am PDT/ 12:00pm EDT/ 5:00pm UK

Second Showing (Best for US residents): 4:10pm PDT/ 7:10pm EDT/ 12:10am UK

Don't forget to add ad blocker on your FireFox!

#40 Jake

Jake

Rapid Fire Studios Writer

• Members
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:30 AM

This is so exciting!
Jake :mellow:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chat noir, chatnoir, incubus

0 user(s) are reading this topic