2010 awards ollies

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#21 fospherous

fospherous

• Members
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

And while K-to-the-4 prepares his audio masterpieces I'll start finding special guests to come on and present the many different awards we have up for this years Ollies! So get nominating to ensure that your fellow machinimakers get the praise that they deserve!

#22 TINMAN

TINMAN

Who's Your Daddy?

• Members
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:47 AM

WATCH
THE
OLLIES

PROMO

(click the poster)

Posted Image

[IMG]http://tmoaradio.com/vb/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.tmunderground.com/watch/ec4a0d49baec903648bb/2010-OLLIES-AWARD-SHOW%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/9223/2010olliespromo01.jpg%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]

[IMG]http://tmoaradio.com/vb/%3Ca%20href=http://%22img821.imageshack.us/img821/9223/2010olliespromo01.jpg%22%3E%20%3Cimg%20src=%22%20http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/9223/2010olliespromo01.jpg%22%20border=%220%22%3E%20%3C/a%3E[/IMG]

Posted Image

FOLLOW JAMES EASTMAN on FACEBOOK and TWITTER!

#23 Killian

Killian

Hello, TMU, I'm baaackkkk!

• Administrators
  • 2,835 posts
  • LocationNorthampton, UK

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:16 AM

...and there's more!

Those lovely folk over at Moviestorm have ponied up some treats for the winners!

The winner of the Best Moviestorm Film or Series will receive a year's subscription as a prize!

The winners of the following categories will each receive 2000 Moviestorm Points (irrespective of whether the winning movies were made with MS or not; talk about a generous offer!).

1. BEST PICTURE OR SERIES 2010
2. BEST MOVIE OR SERIES DIRECTOR 2010
3. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
4. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
5. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
6. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
7. MOST OUTSTANDING TMU NEWCOMER 2010
8. MOST OUTSTANDING SCREENWRITER 2010
9. BEST COMPOSER FOR A MOVIE OR SERIES
29. MOST OUTSTANDING MODDER FOR A MACHINIMA ENGINE

Major thanks to Matt and the guys over at Moviestorm for their generosity!

And we also got a mention on the Moviestorm Blog; kudos to the Moviestorm staffers for their support for this year's Ollie Awards!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Captain's Blog - General wibbling on machinima related stuff]   |    [Killian at Vimeo]   |   [Killian on YouTube]

#24 fospherous

fospherous

• Members
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:56 AM

...and there's more!

Those lovely folk over at Moviestorm have ponied up some treats for the winners!

The winner of the Best Moviestorm Film or Series will receive a year's subscription as a prize!

The winners of the following categories will each receive 2000 Moviestorm Points (irrespective of whether the winning movies were made with MS or not; talk about a generous offer!).

1. BEST PICTURE OR SERIES 2010
2. BEST MOVIE OR SERIES DIRECTOR 2010
3. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
4. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
5. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
6. BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
7. MOST OUTSTANDING TMU NEWCOMER 2010
8. MOST OUTSTANDING SCREENWRITER 2010
9. BEST COMPOSER FOR A MOVIE OR SERIES
29. MOST OUTSTANDING MODDER FOR A MACHINIMA ENGINE

Major thanks to Matt and the guys over at Moviestorm for their generosity!

And we also got a mention on the Moviestorm Blog; kudos to the Moviestorm staffers for their support for this year's Ollie Awards!

This is fantastic news! :) It's very generous of Moviestorm to do this for us, thank you guys! :thumbup:

#25 Uber

Uber

GTA 5 FTW!

• Members
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:41 AM

I wonder why the Oscars don't give prizes with their awards?
Posted Image

#26 TINMAN

TINMAN

Who's Your Daddy?

• Members
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

I wonder why the Oscars don't give prizes with their awards?

'Cause the Oscars are cheap. :scared:
Tha OLLIES know how to to do it right.:clap:

Our thanks to Moviestorm for readily helping to make the 2010 Ollies a success.
It shows that Moviestorm is supportive to the making of movies!

K4

Posted Image

#27 Killian

Killian

• Administrators
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:34 PM

Time marches on; you have 3 WEEKS (that's 21 days, in old money) to get your nominations for this year's Ollies in for consideration.

There are a lot of fantastic movies, performances, music, writing, etc, to take into account, so don't leave it til the last minute to start thinking about what you're going to put down as your selections for the Nominations Phase.

At this point, it's looking like anyone's guess who will make it to that coveted Top Three in each category, so make sure you get those all important nominations in by midnight UK time, 21 August!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Captain's Blog - General wibbling on machinima related stuff]   |    [Killian at Vimeo]   |   [Killian on YouTube]

#28 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:24 PM

I can't believe it's already been a year since the first Ollies!

#29 Killian

Killian

• Administrators
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:20 PM

doesn't time fly, etc? :)

#30 Killian

Killian

• Administrators
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:30 PM

Just a final reminder: -

Please follow the format as requested after each category (i.e. BEST PICTURE format: Movie/Series - Director); submissions that do not follow the requested format will be disregarded.

It lists the format both in the nomination thread and on the form itself (tagged on the end of each category title, just above the box you fill in), so no-one has any excuse for missing it off.

I've had a couple of nominations where none of the categories have had the required format, which means the entire list will be disregarded.

If you think you may be one of the culprits (:D), please PM me and I'll allow you to redo your list.

Edited by Killian, 04 August 2010 - 07:55 AM.

#31 Killian

Killian

• Administrators
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:06 PM

There might be some more news about more goodies for the winners of other categories soon, so stay tuned!

Yes, there's certainly a lot of very good reasons to get nominated by your peers this year, but don't lose sight of the fact that this is an honourarium for the best loved movies, performances, visuals, sounds, writing, mods, music, etc, etc of the past 12 months and no-one should be taking the whole thing too seriously (otherwise, the 12 monkey wrench I keep threatening Roger with might end up getting some use after all!)

#32 Killian

Killian

• Administrators
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

There are 14 days (2 weeks in old money) left in which to make your nominations for Round One of this year's Ollie Awards!

The Nomination Phase closes at 12:00 midnight UK time 21 August; don't risk missing out on getting those nominations in!

In addition, there are more prizes available!

Many of the Filmic Collective use the wonderful (and free!) CeltX scriptwriting software to a greater or lesser degree.

Now, those lovely folk have offered up some prizes for those of a literary persuasion that win the categories below!

The winners of the following categories :-

Best Picture or Series
Most Outstanding Screenwriter

Best Single Screenplay

Best Short Form Film

Best Long Form Film

Will each receive :-

Celtx Prize Pack (which consists of an annual 5-seat Celtx Studio and all 11 Art Packs + the Writers Pack of writing tools (aka the Super Bundle add-on); all-in-all, that's $90.00 worth of add-ons; not to be sniffed at!)

And there are more announcements on the horizon!

So, not only do you stand to be proud of your achievements if you get nominated into the Ollies this year (surely enough on it's own?), but you also stand to be awarded with some pretty damned nice prizes as well, courtesy of our growing list of sponsors!

#33 Killian

Killian

• Administrators
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:12 PM

More super-dooper prizes which have been donated by wonderful folk!

First up, we have several packs and a copy of iClone Pro 4 donated by those lovely fellows over at Reallusion!

In addition, we have had some of the wonderful iClone content creators and trainers offer some of their time for FREE!

The complete list as it stands is :-

BEST "ICLONE" FILM OR SERIES
The iClone Basic Starter Kit - Reallusion, 1 Hour of Training with James Martin – (http://iclonecertifi....wordpress.com/), 1 training set (which consists of:
Introduction to iclone, modeling, texturing, lighting, animation part one) from stuckon3d and an iClone Grab Bag (contents of this subject to confirmation)

BEST OTHER MACHINIMA FILM OR SERIES
Copy of iClone4 Pro - Reallusion

BEST MYSTERY MOVIE OR SERIES
1 Alley pack - www.iclonealley.com

BEST WESTERN MOVIE OR SERIES

BEST COSTUME OR MAKEUP IN A MACHINIMA MOVIE OR SERIES

BEST COMEDY MOVIE OR SERIES

BEST HORROR MOVIE OR SERIES
The Horror Movies motion pack – Reallusion

BEST ACTION MOVIE OR SERIES
The Action Movie motion pack – Reallusion

BEST DRAMA MOVIE OR SERIES
Endearment Vol 1 - Reallusion

BEST ROMANCE MOVIE OR SERIES
Endearment Vol 2 - Reallusion

BEST SCI-FI MOVIE OR SERIES
Outerspace Interior Elements - Reallusion

BEST MACHINIMATOGRAPHY IN A MOVIE OR SERIES
A training sets, which consists of:
Introduction to iclone
modeling
texturing
lighting
animation part one.

Kindly donated by Stuckon3d

BEST "MOVIESTORM" FILM OR SERIES
One year's Moviestorm subscription - Moviestorm

BEST PICTURE OR SERIES 2010
2000 Moviestorm points;
Celtx Prize Pack' which would include an annual 5-seat Celtx Studio and all 11 Art Packs + the Writers Pack of writing tools (aka the Super Bundle add-on)

BEST MOVIE OR SERIES DIRECTOR 2010
2000 Moviestorm points

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
2000 Moviestorm points

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
2000 Moviestorm points

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
2000 Moviestorm points

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
2000 Moviestorm points

MOST OUTSTANDING TMU NEWCOMER 2010
2000 Moviestorm points

MOST OUTSTANDING SCREENWRITER 2010
2000 Moviestorm points
Celtx Prize Pack' which would include an annual 5-seat Celtx Studio and all 11 Art Packs + the Writers Pack of writing tools (aka the Super Bundle add-on)

BEST COMPOSER FOR A MOVIE OR SERIES
2000 Moviestorm points

MOST OUTSTANDING MODDER FOR A MACHINIMA ENGINE
2000 Moviestorm points

BEST SINGLE SCREENPLAY

BEST SHORT FORM FILM

BEST LONGFORM FILM

Prizes subject to change; stay tuned for further info.

Get those Ollie nominations in!

Reward your favourite director, voice artist, modder, writer, etc, this year; give them an Ollie nomination!

#34 Dulci

Dulci

Staring Contest Champion

• Administrators
  • 4,853 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:24 PM

It's fabulous to see TMUnderground getting such fantastic prize donations! :rockon:

#35 db4321

db4321

Lost in Twitbook Land

• Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:13 AM

It's fabulous to see TMUnderground getting such fantastic prize donations! :rockon:

It certainly is, and I need to find time to watch a few movies and get my voting hat on. Too much to do and too little time:sad:.

#36 Killian

Killian

• Administrators
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:03 PM

:excl: ...Tick, tock, tick, tock... :excl:

Time is counting down to the closure of the Nomination Phase of the 2010 Ollies!

You have just over 10 days to get your Nominations in, so don't delay!

I can see by the number of responses thus far that people are obviously agonising over their choices (and I don't blame you; there are some damnably hard choices to make this year. I'd venture to say, the choice is even harder than last year!), but don't miss out on your chance to nominate!

Make sure you follow the proscribed format for completing the nominations to avoid your hard work going to waste; without specifics, we haven't got the time to work through all 8,000+ movies uploaded in the last 12 months to have a rough idea of what movie you were talking about that director X made, or performer Y starred in, etc!

So, make sure you get your nominations in by midnight UK time on 21 August to ensure that your views are considered in the Voting Phase!

Access the voting form HERE

#37 Killian

Killian

• Administrators
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:16 AM

You have 1 week (7 days in old money) left to get your nominations in!

#38 TINMAN

TINMAN

Who's Your Daddy?

• Members
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 01:27 PM

You have 1 week (7 days in old money) left to get your nominations in!

TODAY would be a GREAT time to cast your VOTES!
YES IT WOULD!
So
Get her done!

K4

Posted Image

#39 BiggsTrek

BiggsTrek

Sequel time!

• Members
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

I just submitted my nominations. Wow, what a task that was. Maybe just a few too many categories, methinks. And I think you should have a Tech Demo category (there were quite a lot of them on the site).

Roll on the Ollies!

FILM ON!!!

GodivaBanner02.jpg

#40 Killian

Killian

• Administrators
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:47 PM

Bit late to mention it now, Biggsy! ;) However, thanks to your good self, and everyone else who has nominated so far, but don't let that stop you! You have until 21 Aug to get your nominations in!

There was the preliminary thread back in June, but as no-one responded to it with any suggestions, we presumed everyone was happy enough with things, so went with what we had. Bear in mind for next year; if a thread goes up asking for constructive comments, let us know at the planning stage!

Yes, there are a lot of categories, which is why we gave everyone 4 weeks and a "tip off" back in June with the above thread (to start people thinking about it in advance of the nominations starting). And we wanted to make sure that everyone who made a movie or contributed to one in some way had ample potential to be recognised (which, rightly or wrongly, means a lot more categories).

And yes, it IS bloody hard this year (I would venture to say harder than last year, and probably easier than next year ;)). There are some corking movies, performances, etc, all of which need to be judged by each individual on their individual merits for nomination... it ain't easy, folks!

So, don't leave it to the last minute, thinking "I'll get my nominations done tomorrow"... because there won't BE a tomorrow this time next week! :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2010, awards, ollies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users