• Please log in to reply
620 replies to this topic

#1 shidden

shidden

Its A Dildo International

• Members
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:41 PM

what was the last movie you have seen? i just saw Fingers from 1978 with Harvey Keitel... a dope ass movie. at the end harvey and some italian mob dude had a fight and harvey squezzed his balls for like 30 seconds. that was a glorious scene :thumbup1:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 Killian

Killian

...From the darkness, I return...

• Administrators
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:48 PM

Funnily enough, not long got back from the flicks seeing the new Burke and Hare movie. Not a massive laugh out loud fest, but some nicely enjoyable sniggering moments. Some people are gonna hate it, but whilst it won't win any awards, it was passable fare for a couple of hours.

Any movie featuring Michael Winner going over a cliff in a stagecoach and a cameo from Ray Harryhausen in a Victorian outfit can't be bad, surely?

#3 sgnr76

sgnr76

Grand Bastardo

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:10 PM

what was the last movie you have seen?

SAW 3D.

Critics seem to hate it, but I thought it had a much better pace than 5 and 6.
- Rob R.
Grand Bastardo Presentations

#4 Tumac

Tumac

Phlegm Fatale

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:07 PM

what was the last movie you have seen? i just saw Fingers from 1978 with Harvey Keitel... a dope ass movie. at the end harvey and some italian mob dude had a fight and harvey squezzed his balls for like 30 seconds. that was a glorious scene :thumbup1:

Very nice. Haven't seen that one, but caught the trailer on Youtube. Other great early Keitel films would be "I Call First" and "Mean Streets". Reconginized Lenny Montana (Luca Brasi from "The Godfather"), and Michael Gazzo (Franky Five Angels in the Godfather II) in the trailer as well.

As for the last film that I've seen, that would have to be Paranormal Activity -- not a bad film by all means.

Posted Image

#5 Jake

Jake

Rapid Fire Studios Writer

• Members
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:33 PM

The Blob... what an awful movie! The effects and everything was poorly done and the acting was terrible. They introduced us to one character, who we think is the main character, but then dies halfway through the movie. Very poor.
Jake :mellow:

#6 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:50 PM

I just got back from seeing Saw 3D...

It was... well, it was just another Saw film... and not one of the better ones... I had expected something special with it being the last in the series but it was more a case of a tired franchise going out with a whimper (and so did I after seeing that gorefest).

More ridiculously gory deaths, some of which were placed in for no apparent reason other than to deliver a heavy-handed moral message about racism, which came across all wrong. When you hear quotes like, "You victimised people for the colour of their skin, but now you will see that everybody looks the same on the inside..." it just makes you wonder what's the point.

However, I did at least expect the ending to be good. After all, in every other Saw film the awfulness of the rest of the movie was always partly made up for by a 5-10 minute sequence at the end which always contained a MASSIVE twist and made everything suddenly clear. They always at least gave the illusion of being clever and interesting, even if they weren't. However, this time the big "twist" was predictable, boring and pointless, without any sense of satisfaction to end on. I also hate the fact that they ended it just like any other Saw movie, so there is a possibility to *sigh* make more...

And the "3D" was a complete waste of the extra £4 I paid, as it was only ever really used once or twice with blood and body parts flying at the screen. It was just a stupid gimmick and probably took away from the film tbh as it just made the effects look cartoony and tacky.

To add to all that I was stuck with two morons behind me who howled with laughter at every single death or unfortunate event. It became clear to me then that those are the kind of people the films are aimed at :P
"Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

#7 Daninsky

Daninsky

The Angry Red Plant

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:01 AM

SAW 3D.

Critics seem to hate it, but I thought it had a much better pace than 5 and 6.

You saw 3D? What happened, lost an eye? :clown:

Valhalla Rising ... the last movie in every possible sense.
I actually considered to stop watching movies for good, out of fear that there might be more where this came from...

Last theatrical visit was RE Afterlife, not as good as I hoped for, but not that bad either.
It's entertaining in a train wreck way, you simply can't look away. Anderson blew an estimated sixty millions to make a movie that looks like something Carpenter could have done for ten. And he really over did this time his usual quoting other movies.
Still, as bad as I make it sound, Milla and Ali are worth it anyway.
...and naturally the movie needs to have an explosion for the fourteen year olds.
-Unknown newspaper critic.

#8 Harb40

Harb40

When will it get better?

• Members
  • 2,181 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:45 AM

The last movie I saw? The Hurt Locker. Although I thought iut was good, I am still trying to figure out how it got nominated for Best Picture and actually won the Oscar. Like I said, it was good but not Oscar good.

The Passion Competition is now on Facebook.  Like our page.

#9 macwemyss

macwemyss

Angry Scotsman

• Members
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:08 AM

The last movie I saw? The Hurt Locker. Although I thought iut was good, I am still trying to figure out how it got nominated for Best Picture and actually won the Oscar. Like I said, it was good but not Oscar good.

EXACTLY my thoughts Harb. So many other deserving movies as well... My two favourites, The Road and Moon, weren't even nominated... Bloody Academy :(
"Mac is a super-talented frickin genius" - Chris62

#10 homemadeeye

homemadeeye

Net Worth: 50,000 VCs

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:42 AM

I personally felt that The Tooth Fairy deserved the oscar. The Rock's portrayl of the tooth fairy was truly inspiring, and how can you not love a movie whose tagline is "The tooth hurts"?

#11 TehPoptartKid

TehPoptartKid

2+2= Fish!

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:54 AM

Eh....

The last movie I've seen was Easy A.(I think?) Amanda Bynes, And Emma Stone! What more can you ask for?

It was so damn funny.

TPK

#12 Howitzer

Howitzer

The Dancing Lion of TMU!

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:22 PM

The last movie I saw was 'Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs'.

I wasn't expecting anything of it really, thought it would be a typical tacky follow the trend CGI movie... But no!!

It's HILARIOUS! Much much better than I expected. So many nods and winks to some great movies out there, all humourous and some blatent jokes for the adults out there :) some of it's pretty obvious humour but there is some more intelectual stuff in there too. It's good for everyone!

Oh, and it has Mr.T.!!

Well, gotta go, I have a Diem to Carpe! XD

#13 Uber

Uber

GTA 5 FTW!

• Members
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:14 PM

Last film i saw was 'The Matrix'. It was on TV last night. best of the three in my opinion.

#14 stvndysn

stvndysn

COMING BACK SOON

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:48 PM

last film i watched was Zombieland about 1/2 hour ago.

man what a great movie

#15 riott007

riott007

Goats Fuck Holla

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:13 PM

Hot tub time machine!!
Shia La Poof!

#16 rposhard

rposhard

I am the Wogglebug (choo choo ka-choo)

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

Just went to see Saw 3D yesterday, and was not as disappointed as I thought I would be. The series was originally envisioned as being six parts, each part providing more pieces to the puzzle of Jigsaw's life. When they changed the last 15 seconds of Saw VI to set up for a Saw VII sequel, my reaction was "NO! It's going to suck! We've completed the puzzle, there's nothing more to tell." To be honest, I would not have gone to see it if it hadn't been in 3D -- you folks should know by now that I am a fan of gore and I thought it would at least be fun to see body parts and blood flying at me.

The film created new twists and turns that were well thought-out, and made perfect sense in the entire mythos of the series. Imagine my surprise when the puzzle I had pieced together so carefully into a nice neat rectangle turned out to be a circle. Brilliant!

ADDED NOTE TO MACWEMYSS: I don't discount your opinion, as you make several very valid points. Perhaps the difference is you went there expecting to see something average and were disappointed while I went there expecting to see something horribly bad and was pleasantly surprised. There was a man sitting behind me who was berating the film before it even started. "Have you seen Hereafter? That's a good movie. Have you seen Red? That's a good movie. Why are you wasting your time on this piece of crap when there are good movies playing just down the hall?" I finally turned around and said "If you feel that strongly about it, why are you in here?" He said, "I don't want to see this movie, my girlfriend does. I'm stuck here watching a piece of crap because of her." So I told him that my wife had no interest in the film and was therefore down the hall watching a different movie and warmly suggested -- for the sake of his girlfriend's enjoyment of the film as well as everyone else in the theatre -- that he consider doing the same.

Cinemas do make odd bedfellows....

Edited by rposhard, 04 November 2010 - 04:49 PM.

Posted ImageListen to CEREBUS THE AARDVARK Sundays on TMOA! Second Season scripts 100% complete! Check out the Casting Call Thread HERE!

#17 shidden

shidden

Its A Dildo International

• Members
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:00 PM

riott? i like Hot Tub Machine :yes:
stvndysn? yeah, Zombieland was dope.
uber? and hell yeah Matrix Part 1 is the best... they shouldnt have filmed part 2 and 3.

but nevertheless, i just saw: Blue Money (1972)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#18 wackyal3000

wackyal3000

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:39 PM

Well technically the last film I saw was when I rewatched 'When Harry met Sally' for the thousandth time (I'm a softy at heart). But the last film that I saw for the first time was 'The Social Network' which I thought was brilliant; it was written by Aaron Sorkin so I had pretty high expectations from the start but it exceded them.

#19 TehPoptartKid

TehPoptartKid

2+2= Fish!

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:42 AM

OH MAN! Zombieland is epic!

Posted Image

Always remember to check the back seat! LOL.

My favorite character was Tallahassee, and his entire quest to find a twinkie. HA!

TPK

#20 Daninsky

Daninsky

The Angry Red Plant

• Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

[I]OH MAN! Zombieland is epic!

Always remember to check the back seat! LOL.

I seem to be the only one that was bored by that, I waited and waited for the violence to set in... I still wonder how that movie dares to call itself a zombie movie.
...and naturally the movie needs to have an explosion for the fourteen year olds.
-Unknown newspaper critic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users