• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:17 PM

I foolishly decided to try Stardew Valley this weekend.  Its a Harvest Moon clone for PCs which is to say its a toony anime-ish farming and community simulation with a bit of cave exploration/monster fighting.  Theres also a big corporation to bust up as they try to sink the mom and pop shop.  And theres love and marriage and .... I love it but its a serious time sink.  Lost a weekend to it.  Hardest part of the game is trying to remember what the hell you were doing the previous night as you got progressively more crunked up while planning the fall crops and trying to woo the trailer trash mom's daughter.  Sigh.  Also not a good sign that my best friend is the homeless guy.  

Interesting that they design these games to avoid save screens too keep you playing kinda like how netflix will automatically play the next episode.  Its always easier to keep playing/watching than it is to stop.  Bastards.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#82 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:35 AM

Got Horizon Zero Dawn for father day and have been immersed in that for the last week.  Really cool world (lush vegetative post apocalypse with primitive tribal people) and pretty damn fun objective (kill the robot animals and dinosaurs).  Recommended.

#83 thebiz

thebiz

Huge Member

• Advisers
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 01:59 AM

Long holiday weekend and a steam sale was on so I grabbed The Last Door.  Atari style 8 bit graphix and a Lovecraft/Poe style point and click puzzle story told in four chapters.  Got it on sale for under 3$.  Pretty great story and fun puzzles.  Really love the elaborate settings with the 8 bit graphics.  Good waste of my time over the holiday.  Currently on to season 2.  Recommended!

thelastdoorheader-696x392.jpg

#84 Beowulf71

Beowulf71

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:38 PM

Assassin's Creed Origin, great game.

“I am the ripper, the tearer, the slasher. I am the teeth in the darkness! The talons in the night! My name is strength! And lust! And power! I am BEOWULF!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users