Photo
- - - - -

Actors Sandbox Newsletter - subscribe to this thread 4 up to date info

voice acting voice actors wanted voice actresses wanted voice overs actors needed

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Wytchwhisper

Wytchwhisper

Masturbation Fairy

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:49 AM

Are you a voice actor, a Second Life actor, or a producer of machinima committed to the excellence that comes from having live actors in your production?

If one of those is you, then join us at the Actors' Sandbox in Second Life on Friday march 4th at 11am SLT.

The Actors' Sandbox is a workshop series designed to have voice actors and Second Life-based avatar actors demonstrate and expand their craft. The format allows participants to deliver a monologue, demonstrate facility with props, animations, and motion in the virtual environment, and to exhibit their ability to take direction.

The event is sponsored by Schoolhouse Earth, Suzy's Super Cast & Crew, and TMUndergound.

Past participants in the event have been selected for casting calls on the new variety series, Be My Guest as well as other independent productions created in virtual space and beyond.

Location: Second Life: http://maps.secondli...ios/190/134/131

Sponsors

Schoolhouse Earth is a nonprofit foundation designed to bring education where ever there is a gap. The SE Media Labs division creates media products and live events that meet an educational objective. This workshop is one of many that Schoolhouse Earth produces to engage and empower media professionals.

Suzy's Super Cast & Crew is a Second Life casting company and talent agency. Founder and casting director Suzy Yue brings a wealth of experience in both media productions and live stage productions. During its years of operation, SSC&C has placed actors in films ranging from artistic to industrial. Suzy is also a director and producer a machinima films through her production company, Running Lady Productions.

TMUnderground is a community resource designed for machinima artists. It provides a platform for media producers to showcase their work, and a forum for them to trade tips and tricks of the craft. Wytchwhisper Sakofsky brings a background in art, performance, and machinima. She is the co-host of The Weekly Look and one of the stars of YAYCats!
http://wytchwhisper.blogspot.com/ All about Wytchwhisper
Features Info about my Singing, Performances, Written Articles, Artwork, Nudes, Figurative Drawings, Clothing, Meditation, Occult, Wicca, Rituals and Celtic Creations. Essentially all that i do.

#2 CorkyMyrtle

CorkyMyrtle

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:24 PM

Suzy said yesterday that due to some silliness with SL event posting system, that the location may be nearby, rather than directly at the sound stage.

We believe the location in this notice should be precisely correct.

Hope to see you there!

---v

#3 CorkyMyrtle

CorkyMyrtle

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:20 AM

The next scheduled Actors' Sandbox is set for Wed, Mar 9th, at 4:30pm PST.

The location and other information is the same as shown above.

One thing you can do to prepare, if you're someone who plans to attend and participate, is visit this page and select a monologue to read. (https://sites.google.../actors-sandbox)

You can also go ahead and register for the workshop right away by filling out the form linked to the top of the page.

---v

#4 CorkyMyrtle

CorkyMyrtle

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:37 PM

...the next Actors Sandbox workshop is scheduled for Thursday, 3/17 at 12:30pm.

Same location as always, and this time you may want to be sure to bring your best collection of variant outfits.

Be My Guest is casting for a variety of roles, and at least two of the show's segment producers will be on hand to see who shows up.

So come on if you want to act. You'll get a chance during the workshop, and it could be that you'll be asked back for specific casting call events.
Use whatever tools you like, avoid whatever tools you despise,
but if you don't entertain me with a good story, none of that makes a bit of difference.

#5 Jase180

Jase180

Villain

• Administrators
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:39 AM

This looks incredibly useful, so I'm going to move it to Movies Movies Movies and sticky it at the top (instead of production help, should get more views and such in MMM).

#6 Wytchwhisper

Wytchwhisper

Masturbation Fairy

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:56 AM

cool jase ty :)
http://wytchwhisper.blogspot.com/ All about Wytchwhisper
Features Info about my Singing, Performances, Written Articles, Artwork, Nudes, Figurative Drawings, Clothing, Meditation, Occult, Wicca, Rituals and Celtic Creations. Essentially all that i do.

#7 CorkyMyrtle

CorkyMyrtle

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:29 AM

...thanks to the folks who attended the Sandbox today. It was the most fun I've had with that workshop for a while.

The next scheduled event is:

Actors Sandbox
Tuesday, Mar 22nd
7:30pm-9:00pm SLT

but if you don't entertain me with a good story, none of that makes a bit of difference.

#8 stvndysn

stvndysn

COMING BACK SOON

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:10 AM

quick Q>

what time is 7:30 slt in gmt

#9 CorkyMyrtle

CorkyMyrtle

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:03 AM

What a great Actors' Sandbox this week!

We had quite a crowd, and a lot of fun with new exercises that we'd not tried before.

If you were one of our actors, thank you very much for stepping up to make it an amazing workshop. If you were a producer/director there to observe, thanks for coming and inviting some of your people.

Next week, the workshop is scheduled for Thursday (4/7) at 12:30pm.

Hope to see you there!

#10 CorkyMyrtle

CorkyMyrtle

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:45 AM

...the scene work at today's Actors' Sandbox was great! I think some of the players left the session last week resolved to practice up a little and really lay down some rockin' tracks.

The workshop team also spent some time this week dressing the set to add a little more atmosphere to the event. We're really starting to get the feel of a group that is serious about movie making in Second Life and beyond.

We had a special guest this week. Wyland from Ocean Film Productions came to observe the event and get ideas for her studio. If you've never visited the place, drop in there and see the sort of work they've done to create a rich working environment. (http://maps.secondli...ewmoon/70/98/22)

Next week, the workshop is on Tuesday at 7:30pm PDT. We hope to feature more scene work -- this time with more female actors.

#11 CorkyMyrtle

CorkyMyrtle

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:10 PM

...the next scheduled Actors' Sandbox is tonight (Tues Apr 12) at 7:30pm SLT.

Be sure to be there tonight as there are certain to be several producers who constantly need talent for their productions.

Many of the exercises we conduct at the workshop involve voice work, so have your sound system ready to go when you hit the ground (although we may be able to help you test it if you arrive early).

Also, it's a good idea to outfit yourself for general purpose acting. You can get a head-start by reading more about the workshop at this page:

https://sites.google.../actors-sandbox

Do you live in a region that makes this time inconvenient for you? No problem because each week we rotate the time of day to make the workshop accessible to folks in many regions.

Next week the event takes place on Wednesday at 4:30pm SLT. The following week it occurs on Thursday (Apr 28) at 12:30pm SLT. Pick one of those if it works better for you.

Hope to see you there!

#12 CorkyMyrtle

CorkyMyrtle

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:35 PM

...the next Actors' Sandbox is to be held on Wednesday, April 20, at 4:30pm SLT.

As the workshop has evolved, we've added in new and interesting exercises, and modified the older ones to give some variety and to make it fun for you to return.

If you are an aspiring (or established) voice actor or machinima actor, this is THE place to be to meet producers who are always on the look for talent.

Of course, if you're a producer of machinima, you're quite welcome to attend to see what we do and to see who comes to play.

To get an early look at how the workshop flows, check this website: https://sites.google...s-sandbox<br />

If you'd like to see some snapshots from previous workshops (maybe you're in some of them), take a look here: https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

Hope to see you there.

#13 CorkyMyrtle

CorkyMyrtle

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:53 AM

...the last Sandbox was great. Suzy was back with her camera and set us up with some hilarious exercises using improv and animations.

While everyone certainly had fun, we also saw people grow as actors in the exercises, even the warmup.

Next time the Sandbox is on Thursday 5/19 at 12:30pm PDT.

As always, this one will be at Running Lady Studios, Soundstage 1.

A full briefing on the workshop can be found here.

#14 CorkyMyrtle

CorkyMyrtle

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:27 PM

In response to popular demand, the Actors' Sandbox will move to Wednesday each week.

We will maintain our tradition of rotating time slots (7:30pm, 4:30pm, and 12:30pm, all SLT) so that we can serve as many time zones as possible.

The next Sandbox is on Wed, May 25 at 7:30pm SLT.

As always, we'll be at Running Lady Studios on Soundstage 1 in Second Life.

If you want to arrive prepared, you can take a look at the Participants Briefing online.

#15 TINMAN

TINMAN

Who's Your Daddy?

• Members
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:55 AM

Hello, fellow Thesbians!

I'd like to step into this thread and recommend you check out the Actor's Sandbox and consider participating there for some wonderful insight and constructive critique. You'll have immediate feedback which you can utilize to improve your acting skill. I've personally have loved slapping a script with another actor. It is a lot of fun! Also, there are always those who are looking for actors for their next film and you just might get an opportunity for an exciting, challenging role. There are many aspects to acting to be explored at the Actor's Sandbox. I think you would intensely enjoy the experience and being with other actors. For me, it is an activity I don't want to miss. Hope to see you there!

K4

Posted Image

FOLLOW JAMES EASTMAN on FACEBOOK and TWITTER!

#16 CorkyMyrtle

CorkyMyrtle

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

The next session of The Actors Sandbox will be held on July 20 at 12:00 noon SLT. In addition to a new crop of monologues, we will also do a workshop on facial emotions.

Be there! You could be the next star at The Actors Sandbox.

#17 CorkyMyrtle

CorkyMyrtle

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

Okay folks, The Actors' Sandbox is leaking out into Real Life, and Wednesday will hold two sessions, the 6am Special Edition and the regular noon event.

Here are the details:

The Actors' Sandbox
Wed, Aug 3
12:00noon SLT
Running Lady Studios - Sound Stage 1

The Actors' Sandbox: Special Edition
Wed, Aug 3
6:00am SLT
Running Lady Studios - Sound Stage 1

The Actors' Sandbox: Bay Area Edition
Sat, July 30
2:30pm PDT
Meets The Eye Studio

You can read more about The Actors Sandbox at our actors' briefing website.

#18 CorkyMyrtle

CorkyMyrtle

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:56 PM

Don't miss the next Actors' Sandbox. If you are a producer of machinima who uses voice and avatar actors, this is the place to be to meet and discover new talent.

If you are a voice or avatar actor, this is the place to show off and to expand your skills within the exercises of the workshop.

Up to date information about the workshop is seen here: https://sites.google.../actors-sandbox

The next workshop is Wednesday, 9/21 at 6:00pm SLT.

We'd love to see you there.

#19 CorkyMyrtle

CorkyMyrtle

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

Each month on the first Wednesday, The Actors' Sandbox presents a special edition workshop in addition to the regularly scheduled session.

The weekly sessions of this workshop alternate between 12:00 noon and 6:00pm to allow actors in many time zones to participate. This week (Oct 5) the regularly scheduled session is at 6:00pm SLT (PDT).

In addition, because this is the first Wednesday, there will also be a special edition session at 3:00pm SLT (PDT).

Both sessions take place at Running Lady Studios in Sound Stage 1.

This workshop is designed to give voice actors and avatar actors a chance to show off and develop their skills in a setting that is compassionate, welcoming, and professional.

The design further allows producers of machinima and other media that utilizes voice actors to get a look at both emerging and established talent.

An additional layer of the workshop provides a hands-on lab opportunity for machinima creators to polish and develop their skills at filming a live event.

There are two chances to participate this week, so log in to Second Life, test and calibrate your sound equipment, and join us at Running Lady Studios for learning AND fun!

#20 CorkyMyrtle

CorkyMyrtle

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

The next Actors' Sandbox session will be held on Wed Nov 2 at 3pm SLT (PDT) and again at 6pm SLT (PDT).

Over the more than 26 weeks of the workshop's run, we've seen a lot of voice and avatar actors come in to demonstrate their skills, and a number of people who didn't know they had talent come in, perform, and discover that they have something to give to the world of machinima.

If you want to see what you've got, or show it off, or simply drop in to observe and discover who has some acting chops, we invite you to join us this week for our November kickoff.

As always, we'll be at Running Lady Studios, Soundstage 1. You can read more about it here.

Hope to see you there!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: voice acting, voice actors wanted, voice actresses wanted, voice overs actors needed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users